What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Barrow Allowed to Seek Trade (1 Viewer)

Beaumont

Footballguy
Redskins | Barrow Given Permission to Seek TradeWed, 20 Jul 2005 20:48:14 -0700Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins have reportedly given LB Mike Barrow permission to seek a trade. It is another sign that could point to his departure from the organization without ever playing a game. Barrow's agent, Marvin Demoff, was allowed to begin contacting other teams within the last month, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, but the likelihood of receiving even a late-round draft pick for him appears remote. "We don't have interest there, and I can't see anyone else making a move for him, either," one NFL personnel executive said.

I say the upper-hand goes to LeMar Marshall. Warrick Holdman has not done much since his glory years with the Bears. Grab Marshall if it is not to late!RAPTURE

Wow. He would be a great fit in New England. Put him in that team concept and he would post yet another year of great numbers.

I don't think anyone will trade for Barrow to be honest. Not without a greatly reduced contract.Lemar Marshall definitely gets the nod now. McCune will get his shot but I really don't think he can outplay Marshall this season.Holdman is depth only. I expect him to be insurance for LaVar Arrington more than for a MLB spot. He could see time if Arrington is still injured or the contract thing gets ugly.

Some speculation on Skins board that this is a way of getting Barrow to take a pay cut when he sees no interest on the open market ... therefore if he takes the cut he could still be a Skin ...

Some speculation on Skins board that this is a way of getting Barrow to take a pay cut when he sees no interest on the open market ... therefore if he takes the cut he could still be a Skin ...
I can only hope this is true! :cry:

Barrow was not realistically in front of anyone of consequence, so I wouldn't bump up Holdman, Marshall, or even McCune for that matter. They won't have any idea who they will be starting until wk 3 of preseason and even that will be subject to change every few weeks. I don't think we're getting another Antonio Pierce performance from anyone this year.

Barrow was not realistically in front of anyone of consequence, so I wouldn't bump up Holdman, Marshall, or even McCune for that matter.
:goodposting: Not sure that Barrow has been in the mix to this point, so the news doesn't change much.

It appears as if Marshall has the early lead...

Redskins | Marshall to Work at MLB

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:42:43 -0700

David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins MLB Lemar Marshall will work at MLB when training camp begins.

Redskins | Holdman to Work at WLB

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:42:25 -0700

David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins LB Warrick Holdman will work at weakside linebacker when training camp begins.

Lemar Marshall should be on everyone's radar at this time. The Redskins MLB is the equivalent to the WLB of the cover 2 (in Tony Dungy's schemes). Plus, you can expect Levar Arrington to miss significant time which means even more opportunities for Marshall. Get him now off the WW before it's too late.RAPTURE

Plus, you can expect Levar Arrington to miss significant time which means even more opportunities for Marshall.
Do you have some top secret info on Arrington?? Arrington's injuries have been troubling, but it's a bit presumptuous to say, "You can expect Levar Arrington to miss significant time".Here's the most recent comments regarding Arrington...

"The only thing he's been limited on has been real sprints," Gibbs said, but said there is "no real swelling," and he should be cleared to practice fully in the "near future." The team initially believed Arrington would be healed by training camp, but is taking every precaution to avoid future problems.

link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5073100961.html

Lemar Marshall should be on everyone's radar at this time. The Redskins MLB is the equivalent to the WLB of the cover 2 (in Tony Dungy's schemes). Plus, you can expect Levar Arrington to miss significant time which means even more opportunities for Marshall. Get him now off the WW before it's too late.

RAPTURE
i already got him in a couple leagues as he seemed to be the lead candidate for the job, & his main competition was a 35 year old who missed last season with a knee injury.he is sometimes being dissed for being a former safety in college, but nick barnett & karlos dansby were also guys that started at safety, blew up & became pretty good LBs. he is a listed 230, which makes him about the same size as vilma, & almost as big as mike peterson.

for what its worth, in the redskins highlights from 2004 (he played a lot of WLB for arrington) he looked like he packed a wallop for his size. hopefully the DL can keep him clean (?), but don't think DT is cited as a team strength... it is unclear how well he will be able to stack & shed & get off blocks.

pierce may have a been a hidden gem & special talent (NYG thought so, & some scouts said he deserved pro bowl recognition), so marshall isn't a lock by any stretch to put up identical stats... i am cautiously optimistic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread