What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BassNBrew's Power Ratings (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
#1 New England#2 - #32 Everyone elseOK, we've seen numerous of these both here and in the press. Everyone has Pitt at the top of the list. I'm not buying it as New England is the best team in the league and here's why...* Sure Pittsburgh handled them quite easily at home. They also want no part of the Pats again this year. Note that NE is 9-0 with Dillon in the game.* They're playing respectable defense despite a decimated secondary. They should get healthier as time moves along.* Branch has returned from a leg injury and looked great last night. I will get flamed for this, but NE w/o Branch is almost like Minn w/o Moss or Indy w/o Harrison. He is Brady's #1 guy.* Pitt was a wake-up call. The last three games have been domination.Nov 7 @St. Louis Won 40-22 Nov 14 Buffalo Won 29-6 Nov 22 @Kansas City Won 27-19 * Belichick is the best coach in the league. Cowher went to NCState. :P * NE has the firepower to slug it out INDY when Manning is on. With the new and improved running game, this offense is even better then last years.

Last edited by a moderator:
The defense isn't nearly as good. Troy Brown is playing CB.The Pats are 17th in yards per attempt allowed, and 14th in yards per rush allowed.

* Pitt was a wake-up call. The last three games have been domination.Nov 22 @Kansas City Won 27-19
That's domination? How many yards did NE give up again??
I really don't care about yards...especially passing yards. Philly gives up yards (#17) and is #2 in scoring defense. NE is #6, only 0.8 PPG behind Pitt. I think NE's offense can make up that point.

* Pitt was a wake-up call.  The last three games have been domination.Nov 22 @Kansas City Won 27-19
I really don't care about yards...especially passing yards. Philly gives up yards (#17) and is #2 in scoring defense. NE is #6, only 0.8 PPG behind Pitt. I think NE's offense can make up that point.
So your argument for NE being #1 stems from them being BEHIND Pitt and Philly in the stats that REALLY matter?

* Pitt was a wake-up call.  The last three games have been domination.Nov 22 @Kansas City Won 27-19
So your argument for NE being #1 stems from them being BEHIND Pitt and Philly in the stats that REALLY matter?
a) It's a statistical dead heat.b) NE has gotten back key components to their offense.c) NE will get back key components to their defense.

If New England played in Pittsburgh this Sunday the results would be the same.
Stay away from bad meat. NE would win this week. Pitt - Staley - Burress. NE + Branch + Dillon. I'd say that's a 28 pt swing except Staley doesn't score. NE would win by 7.

Stay away from bad meat. NE would win this week. Pitt - Staley - Burress. NE + Branch + Dillon. I'd say that's a 28 pt swing except Staley doesn't score. NE would win by 7.
I bet the oddsmakers would be on my side. :yes:

I bet the oddsmakers would be on my side. :yes:
Just like they were on my side last night...Cha Ching.

#1 New England#2 - #32 Everyone elseOK, we've seen numerous of these both here and in the press. Everyone has Pitt at the top of the list. I'm not buying it as New England is the best team in the league and here's why...* Sure Pittsburgh handled them quite easily at home. They also want no part of the Pats again this year. Note that NE is 9-0 with Dillon in the game.* They're playing respectable defense despite a decimated secondary. They should get healthier as time moves along.* Branch has returned from a leg injury and looked great last night. I will get flamed for this, but NE w/o Branch is almost like Minn w/o Moss or Indy w/o Harrison. He is Brady's #1 guy.* Pitt was a wake-up call. The last three games have been domination.Nov 7 @St. Louis Won 40-22 Nov 14 Buffalo Won 29-6 Nov 22 @Kansas City Won 27-19 * Belichick is the best coach in the league. Cowher went to NCState. :P * NE has the firepower to slug it out INDY when Manning is on. With the new and improved running game, this offense is even better then last years.
BNB-nice analysis. No doubt you are and will receive many that disagree. I for one agree with you. This year has been one of NE best coaching jobs since Bledblow went down. I don't think may realize just how decimated their defensive backfield has been. For Bill to effectively cover that glarring hole and still find ways to stop other teams is nothing short of amazing. If teams cannot beat NE now, they will not have any chance when their DB's get healthy. Now that Branch is back and assumming he stays healthy, the offense will click on all cylinders.They will have the fight of their lives beating Pitts but I like the coaching staff of NE and that is an advantage if they play again.

Much of the media has Pitt at the top because they have no choice - they win the TB for beating both NE and Philly. I think many experts say that NE is better, but Pitt should win the mythical #1 in the power rankings. So, saying that the most of the media thinks that Pitt is #1 is somewhat misleading.

Dillon has averaged about 69 yards per game against the Steelers. Why would he have made a difference in that game? Against KC, if Phifer doesn't hold Gonzo in the endzone, which leads to Harrison's int, the game would have been tied going into halftime and might have ended with a different winner. It certainly wouldn't have been a "domination" by the Pats.

BNB-nice analysis. No doubt you are and will receive many that disagree. I for one agree with you. This year has been one of NE best coaching jobs since Bledblow went down. I don't think may realize just how decimated their defensive backfield has been. For Bill to effectively cover that glarring hole and still find ways to stop other teams is nothing short of amazing. If teams cannot beat NE now, they will not have any chance when their DB's get healthy. Now that Branch is back and assumming he stays healthy, the offense will click on all cylinders.They will have the fight of their lives beating Pitts but I like the coaching staff of NE and that is an advantage if they play again.
Good job guys.......Pitt is a talented team and well prepared....both organizations have done a great job handling injuries.....but so many Homers (other than NE) seem to discount the coaching staff of NE and when you add talent to that staff (which they have been missing the last few weeks)...its a great combination that has produced record breaking numbers.....you cant argue with that.....all that said...It is shaping up to be a dog fight in the AFC playoffs....between these two teams...and maybe Indy too...

Dillon has averaged about 69 yards per game against the Steelers. Why would he have made a difference in that game? Against KC, if Phifer doesn't hold Gonzo in the endzone, which leads to Harrison's int, the game would have been tied going into halftime and might have ended with a different winner. It certainly wouldn't have been a "domination" by the Pats.
IMO.....Law and Branch was the bigger loss...and most reasonable people dont think it would be domination...just a much closer game...which is one thing the Pats do very well.

That's 61 more yards than they got that game. Could have prolonged a few drives by the Pats, maybe more scores for the Pats and less by the Steelers. But we will never know. It's no use obsessing over it. Last year the Pats got beat way worse By Buffalo week 1. We all know how that turned out. All things considered, the Pats were lucky to get beat by only 14. Should have been much more.Against KC, it looked more like Gonzo turned into Phifer. Harrison would have had that catch regardless. He was in great position.

Bass, I respect your football acumen, but you have joined the legions who insist Corey Dillon would have won that game for the Pats. :no:

This is for the Pats fans that keep crying about the injuries to Dillon and Law, not to Bass N Brew in particular :

You can point to the fact that the Pats are unbeaten with Dillon in the lineup; I can point to the fact that the Steelers are unbeaten with Big Ben under center.

I can point to the fact that Brady's mistakes put the Pats down 21-3 in the first quarter. They ran the ball, I believe, twice the remainder of the game. Not sure how much impact Dillon would have had.

The Patriots actually had a chance to get back into the game, but the Steelers were able to pound the ball down their throats repeatedly. The Patriots had to resort to implementing their GOAL LINE DEFENSE at midfield in a futile attempt to stop the Steeler run game, and still were eaten alive. Not sure how Dillon would have bolstered a run defense that allowed 221 yards on the ground, only 27 fewer than the Patriots COMBINED offense was able to muster.

The Steelers also played this game without Pro Bowlers Kendrell Bell and Casey Hampton, and #1 CB Chad Scott, so stop crying about Ty Law getting hurt. At least he played part of the game. Last year, all we heard about was the Patriots' resolve and ability to overcome injuries and still win games. As soon as they lose, it's time to start pointing at injuries as an excuse though? Come on. The Steelers #1 back has been out for the last three games and they're still steamrolling people behind a "washed-up" Jerome Bettis. Depth and the ability of a team to pull together and overcome adversity is what wins championships.

"It was pretty obvious the Steelers were the better team," Belichick said. "They outcoached us, outplayed us and we weren't good in any phase of the game. We didn't do much of anything right."

There's a quote from your coach. He accepted the ###-paddling the Patriots got. Time for the fans to do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bass, I respect your football acumen, but you have joined the legions who insist Corey Dillon would have won that game for the Pats. :no:

This is for the Pats fans that keep crying about the injuries to Dillon and Law, not to Bass N Brew in particular :

You can point to the fact that the Pats are unbeaten with Dillon in the lineup; I can point to the fact that the Steelers are unbeaten with Big Ben under center.

I can point to the fact that Brady's mistakes put the Pats down 21-3 in the first quarter. They ran the ball, I believe, twice the remainder of the game. Not sure how much impact Dillon would have had.

The Patriots actually had a chance to get back into the game, but the Steelers were able to pound the ball down their throats repeatedly. The Patriots had to resort to implementing their GOAL LINE DEFENSE at midfield in a futile attempt to stop the Steeler run game, and still were eaten alive. Not sure how Dillon would have bolstered a run defense that allowed 221 yards on the ground, only 27 fewer than the Patriots COMBINED offense was able to muster.

The Steelers also played this game without Pro Bowlers Kendrell Bell and Casey Hampton, and #1 CB Chad Scott, so stop crying about Ty Law getting hurt. At least he played part of the game. Last year, all we heard about was the Patriots' resolve and ability to overcome injuries and still win games. As soon as they lose, it's time to start pointing at injuries as an excuse though? Come on. The Steelers #1 back has been out for the last three games and they're still steamrolling people behind a "washed-up" Jerome Bettis. Depth and the ability of a team to pull together and overcome adversity is what wins championships.

"It was pretty obvious the Steelers were the better team," Belichick said. "They outcoached us, outplayed us and we weren't good in any phase of the game. We didn't do much of anything right."

There's a quote from your coach. He accepted the ###-paddling the Patriots got. Time for the fans to do the same.
I accept it. I don't claim that Dillon would have won the game, but he definately would have helped. The Steelers beat the crap out of them. There is no denying it. That being said, I don't think they could do it again.

I accept it. I don't claim that Dillon would have won the game, but he definately would have helped. The Steelers beat the crap out of them. There is no denying it. That being said, I don't think they could do it again.
I have no problem with this. You gotta have faith in your team. What drives me nuts are the people who keep pointing to the injuries as the cause of defeat.That said, your boys better find a way to win a few battles at the line of scrimmage, otherwise the result is going to be the same every time. :D

Without Dillon or either OT, the D blitzed and sat on the pass. No surprise Brady made more mistakes. Without Law, Poole, and later Gay, the Steelers ran. No surprise they ran successfully early, nor is it a surprise that the Steelers tired out the Patriots D late.

I congratulate the Steelers on a great run, and I don't disagree that the Steelers have been playing great ball, nor have I said the Patriots outright win that game on that day if they're healthy, but you're blind if you think the Steelers winning that game is the same as winning a rematch in the playoffs.

That said, your boys better find a way to win a few battles at the line of scrimmage, otherwise the result is going to be the same every time. :D
Did you watch Monday night Football? The D line was awesome.

Evilgrin72, that was an excellent analysis, straight to the point and right on target. Being a Steeler fan since birth, your post said everything that was going through my mind. Bravo.... Bravo.... :stillers: I guess we will all have to wait until January to see who will win the AFC! My money is on Pittsburgh.

This was the only post in this entire thread worth the time I spent reading it. :goodposting: :stillers: I mean seriously, why does everyone blatently IGNORE the fact that Pitt was down not just their best player on D (Hampton), but also a great LB (Bell) and their best CB Scott, yeah I know thats pathetic, but true)? But we are to award NE an astounding 28 point handycap in a rematch if they get Dillon and Law back?

NE simply played bad that day. Do I really think the Steelers are that much better than NE? Of course not. They were however outplayed, outcoached, and simply outprepared that day. Outside of the 1st drive of the game, NE looked totally inferior. Oh and it was to a team starting a rookie QB, with out their best D player, - a former D rookie of the year, and - the teams best CB.

I have no problem with this. You gotta have faith in your team. What drives me nuts are the people who keep pointing to the injuries as the cause of defeat.That said, your boys better find a way to win a few battles at the line of scrimmage, otherwise the result is going to be the same every time. :D
As for the game they played I don't Pitts was going to lose no matter who they played. You have to wonder if they have peaked at the wrong time. Assumming they can keep this pace then they should have no probelm. My opinion is that Pitts is a very good team. They should make the AFC champ game. They have just as good of chance to win that game and the Super Bowl. Where I see NE as having the advantage is with their coaching. They have demonstrated over and over that they can overcome injuries (both mulitiple and to key players) and still win. They have done this for over 3 years now and it all started with their QB. Bill has the ability to get his team to believe in what he wants them to do and they play very unselfishly. I don't think Pitts can do that. I don't think they could overcome multiple or key injuries beyond what they have to date. And frankly, Ben always the better QB then Tommy. I could be wrong in stating this and this isn't a knock on Pitts because I still can't believe Bill has been able to do this but I don't know that any other team is capable of doing what he has done.

They did a reasonable job against KC. I think that phase of the game is improving significantly for the Pats, which has been a weakness all season long.After Pittsburg (RB stats only, not including QB yards):St. Louis - 4.47 ypc, 67 total yardsBuffalo - 2.46 ypc, 37 total yards KC - 3.05 ypc, 58 total yardsThose teams aren't bottom of the league rushers, either. The play of Ty Warren has really stepped up, which has been key. Wilfork and Traylor are starting to hold their gaps better too. I don't think they can totally stop the juggernaut Pittsburg rushing game, but I don't think they'll be as pathetic as they were in week 8.In any case, I think both our teams are more worried about facing Indy in the playoffs.GG

In any case, I think both our teams are more worried about facing Indy in the playoffs.
You may be, but BB has got Manning's number and has for some time now.
Precisely why I'm worried about Indy. Their D is improving and their O is almost unstoppable, and you can only beat the same good team so many times before they finally get the best of you.GG

That said, your boys better find a way to win a few battles at the line of scrimmage, otherwise the result is going to be the same every time. :D
Against one of the better OL in the NFL......I'm really curious to see how they handle that Baltimore OL...especially with the big O back....Regarding the Pats/Steelers....most of my friends (and I) arent saying that we would have won the game...but it would have changed the attitude on offense & Defense and the game would have been much more interesting with Law & Dillon, who where suppose to play, back in that lineup.....anytime a team loses its starting RB and CB gameday, it changes the mental makeup of that team and forces them into panic mode...not to mention they were already decimated with injuries and missing Brady's go to WR in Branch...Pitt would have probably won since they were the best team that day....butI would have loved to see that game played with everyone healthy on both teams...hopefully it happens in the playoffs...

Yes, but the Steelers D line is much better than the Patriots O line when the Pats are missing both starting tackles.

Where I see NE as having the advantage is with their coaching. They have demonstrated over and over that they can overcome injuries (both mulitiple and to key players) and still win. They have done this for over 3 years now and it all started with their QB. Bill has the ability to get his team to believe in what he wants them to do and they play very unselfishly. I don't think Pitts can do that. I don't think they could overcome multiple or key injuries beyond what they have to date.
All my MBSL brethren turning on me... :D Steelers injuries to date :Kendrell Bell (Pro Bowl LB)Casey Hampton (Pro Bowl NT)Kendall Simmons (starting RG and future Pro Bowler if he's ever healthy)Tommy Maddox (starting QB - hallelujah for this one)Duce Staley (starting RB)Chad Scott (#1 CB)Mike Logan (top DB substitute)and now Plaxico Burress....How much more would you like them to overcome? They're 9-1 despite all these injuries. You don't think they could overcome more than they've had to date? Maybe if Roethlisberger, Ward, Porter, Townshend, Bettis, and Aaron Smith all get hurt too, they may not be able to win games?The Pats have demonstrated the ability to win despite injuries, but as soon as they lose, everyone starts pointing to the injuries as an excuse. Fact is, the Steelers have had more and more significant injuries this year than New England. Yet, they still equal their one-loss record and pounded them in their only head-to-head matchup. I think Cowher has done an AMAZING job of getting players to buy into a system. You think it's easy convincing guys like Burress and Ward to play within a system that runs the ball 70% of the time?Steelers are playing a game that wins in January. Control the clock, play physical defense, and win the battles on the line. They are doing this week after week and until someone stops them, they are going to win out. Forget Ty Law, Corey Dillon, etc. The Patriots are going to have to "outphysical" (I hate that word) the Steelers to beat them... do they have that in them? We'll see....As of now, my magic 8-ball says "Not f*cking likely !" :D

Alright, we're getting off the subject at hand which is who's the best team in the AFC. Many are focusing on my exaggeration to Burning Sensation's post that if the game was played again this Sunday, the results would be the same. I'm not concerned about a game played four weeks ago. I'm focused on what the Pats have done while banged up and how they're getting healthier. I was very impressed with how good Branch looked and the defense shutting down the KC rushing attack. The results of the last three weeks speak volumes of the direction the Pats are going. They basically man-handled three respectable teams.

Alright, we're getting off the subject at hand which is who's the best team in the AFC. Many are focusing on my exaggeration to Burning Sensation's post that if the game was played again this Sunday, the results would be the same. I'm not concerned about a game played four weeks ago. I'm focused on what the Pats have done while banged up and how they're getting healthier. I was very impressed with how good Branch looked and the defense shutting down the KC rushing attack. The results of the last three weeks speak volumes of the direction the Pats are going. They basically man-handled three respectable teams.
And the Steelers have manhandled Philadelphia, Cincinnati and Cleveland (two divisional road games and rivalry games) since then.As far as I am concerned, they are the best team in the AFC, and I've waited a while to say this. They physically dominated the Patriots, they didn't just win the game.

I'm not a NE fan--I'll be holding the banner for the Cards until I die, and a lot more vociferously once Bidwill's family no longer owns them. That said, let me join the legions who are shocked that anyone considers Pitt the best team in the NFL. Pitt has been playing way over their heads for some time now. Given the talent that Cowher has for getting the best out of guys, I don't expect that to change. They will maintain their fire. But the problem is, that leaves them no room to improve, to really catch momentum going into the playoffs. NE, on the other hand, will be getting essentially their whole defense back over the course of the season. (Because no matter what anyone tells you, their defense starts and ends with pass coverage. Belichick only gets to do all that scheming because Law takes away one third of the field, and Harrison knocks out anyone crossing the middle. That's why Indy made such a point of changing rules that affect the way DBs play.) With the return of their DBs, NE will again have a top 3 defense, with the smartest and best coach in the league (When St.L and NE played, the Rams had a HUGE edge in available talent and the Pats had a HUGE edge in coaching... and look what happened). And on top of that defense and coaching, they have the assuredness of knowing that all their QB does is win playoff games. He's simply outstanding in the ability--and this is a real ability, not some hokum--to calm himself and his teammates, and keep nerves out of the picture with the game on the line. Anyone who has ever played in a high-stakes game knows that feeling, and must appreciate the way Brady deals with it better than anyone since Montana. The only way that NE loses in the playoffs is a) they don't get their DBs back, or b) Manning goes off on them. The level that Peyton Manning is acheiving right now is also fairly unprecedented, and it's not done like it was with Culpepper and Moss a few years ago in that 15-1 season, just running essentially one play. Manning is picking apart the entire field, building up the confidence and skills of all his receivers, getting them ready for battle. He is the Last Great Field General, and he is on fire. Over the last 3-4 games, Edge, Harrison, and Wayne will receive more balls, as he regains their trust and confidence and shows them that he has not forgotten them in his broadening of the offense. And then they steamroll into the playoffs. So the current rankings in the AFC are this:1. NE2. Indy3. PittAnd only Indy can beat NE. Pitt, though a great story, will lose to NE without question, and will only beat Indy if their defense gives up 200+ on the ground, which is entirely possible.

Where I see NE as having the advantage is with their coaching. They have demonstrated over and over that they can overcome injuries (both mulitiple and to key players) and still win. They have done this for over 3 years now and it all started with their QB. Bill has the ability to get his team to believe in what he wants them to do and they play very unselfishly. I don't think Pitts can do that. I don't think they could overcome multiple or key injuries beyond what they have to date.
All my MBSL brethren turning on me... :D Steelers injuries to date :Kendrell Bell (Pro Bowl LB)Casey Hampton (Pro Bowl NT)Kendall Simmons (starting RG and future Pro Bowler if he's ever healthy)Tommy Maddox (starting QB - hallelujah for this one)Duce Staley (starting RB)Chad Scott (#1 CB)Mike Logan (top DB substitute)and now Plaxico Burress....How much more would you like them to overcome? They're 9-1 despite all these injuries. You don't think they could overcome more than they've had to date? Maybe if Roethlisberger, Ward, Porter, Townshend, Bettis, and Aaron Smith all get hurt too, they may not be able to win games?The Pats have demonstrated the ability to win despite injuries, but as soon as they lose, everyone starts pointing to the injuries as an excuse. Fact is, the Steelers have had more and more significant injuries this year than New England. Yet, they still equal their one-loss record and pounded them in their only head-to-head matchup. I think Cowher has done an AMAZING job of getting players to buy into a system. You think it's easy convincing guys like Burress and Ward to play within a system that runs the ball 70% of the time?Steelers are playing a game that wins in January. Control the clock, play physical defense, and win the battles on the line. They are doing this week after week and until someone stops them, they are going to win out. Forget Ty Law, Corey Dillon, etc. The Patriots are going to have to "outphysical" (I hate that word) the Steelers to beat them... do they have that in them? We'll see....As of now, my magic 8-ball says "Not f*cking likely !" :D
These injuries for the Steelers have been mounting. Their performance over the last three weeks has been trending down. The Burress injury will be a big factor. Pitt will have to run the table to get past NE, it's not going to happen with a rookie QB.

And the Steelers have manhandled Philadelphia, Cincinnati and Cleveland (two divisional road games and rivalry games) since then.As far as I am concerned, they are the best team in the AFC, and I've waited a while to say this. They physically dominated the Patriots, they didn't just win the game.
Are you serious? Cincy nearly beat them--and would have if not for really remarkable mental mistakes on Palmer and Chad's behalf.

Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. Your mileage may vary. The successful investor is able to recognize a trend before the general public.

I'm not sure I'd consider the win vs. Cincy 'manhandle.' Last I checked, they gave up 7 sacks and won by 5 points. They won, which is the important thing, but they didn't dominate. I'd give the MVP of that game to the punt team, who managed to pin Cincy within their own 10 yard line four times, two of them resulting in 9 points scored by the defense.You are correct, the Pats were physically dominated that game. I'm not sure you'll find many people, even NE homers, that will argue with that. I'm glad it makes you so giddy about your team. I just don't think they can do it against the Pats again. We'll have to agree to disagree here.GGPS: Don't make reservations yet. =)

Are you serious? Cincy nearly beat them--and would have if not for really remarkable mental mistakes on Palmer and Chad's behalf.
And I suppose the fact that the Steelers knocked themselves out of the red zone 4 TIMES in the game through holding penalties, bad decisions by Roethlisberger leading to sacks, and an unforced fumble at the Bengals 18 doesn't factor into it at all. The Bengals just beat themselves, right? Did you even watch the game, or did you just look at the score and read a recap before making this proclamation? This is about the type of erroneous snap judgment I would expect from you.The fact of the matter is the Steelers played their worst game by far since week 2 and still won on the road at a divisional rival.ONLY Indy can beat NE. :rotflmao: This after the Steelers dominate both New England and Philadelphia in consecutive weeks. They may have done it once, but THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY IT COULD HAPPEN AGAIN. Thank you, Mr. All Knowing !!!!!! :bow: Unless the Pats learn to sack up and don't get beaten up and down the field in the trenches, they will be beaten by the Steelers should they play them again, plain and simple.

And the Steelers have manhandled Philadelphia, Cincinnati and Cleveland (two divisional road games and rivalry games) since then.As far as I am concerned, they are the best team in the AFC, and I've waited a while to say this.  They physically dominated the Patriots, they didn't just win the game.
And I suppose the fact that the Steelers knocked themselves out of the red zone 4 TIMES in the game through holding penalties, bad decisions by Roethlisberger leading to sacks, and an unforced fumble at the Bengals 18 doesn't factor into it at all. The Bengals just beat themselves, right? Did you even watch the game, or did you just look at the score and read a recap before making this proclamation? This is about the type of erroneous snap judgment I would expect from you.The fact of the matter is the Steelers played their worst game by far since week 2 and still won on the road at a divisional rival.ONLY Indy can beat NE. :rotflmao: This after the Steelers dominate both New England and Philadelphia in consecutive weeks. They may have done it once, but THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY IT COULD HAPPEN AGAIN. Thank you, Mr. All Knowing !!!!!! :bow: Unless the Pats learn to sack up and don't get beaten up and down the field in the trenches, they will be beaten by the Steelers should they play them again, plain and simple.
You're wrong.

These injuries for the Steelers have been mounting. Their performance over the last three weeks has been trending down. The Burress injury will be a big factor. Pitt will have to run the table to get past NE, it's not going to happen with a rookie QB.
You're assuming of course that the Pats will win out and finish 15-1. Maybe, maybe not, but be aware that the Steelers just played the toughest part of their schedule and came through without a loss. Coming up, they have Washington at home, Baltimore at home, and the Jets at home, with road dates against the banged-up Jags, slumping Giants, and not-too-fearsome Bills. It's certainly not out of the question that they go 6-0 through this stretch. Burress will likely only miss a week, Duce is back this Sunday, Larry Foote will continue to fill in nicely for Bell - they're not exactly falling apart at the seams.

And the Steelers have manhandled Philadelphia, Cincinnati and Cleveland (two divisional road games and rivalry games) since then.As far as I am concerned, they are the best team in the AFC, and I've waited a while to say this.  They physically dominated the Patriots, they didn't just win the game.
You're wrong.
Ok, so you're saying the Patriots can get dominated at the line both ways again and yet win the game? :confused:

You're wrong.
Ok, so you're saying the Patriots can get dominated at the line both ways again and yet win the game? :confused:
They will not lose to the Steelers again.

PS: Don't make reservations yet. =)
Have made no reservations...literally and figuratively. I live 2 hours from JAX, so should the Steelers make it, I'll be there. I am the first to cop to the fact that either NE or Indy, (or even Denver or SD for that matter) could knock the Steelers out of the playoffs. What I am saying is that if they continue to dominate T.O.P. as they have been and keep winning the battles on the line, they are going to be extremely tough to beat.What makes me laugh are the people who say the Steelers CANNOT beat the Patriots again, despite the fact that they didn't just beat them a few weeks back, they KILLED them. As I told someone earlier, have faith in your team - that's good. Just don't tell me something can't possibly happen, when IT JUST F'N HAPPENED A FEW WEEKS AGO !!!!! :D

You're wrong.
They will not lose to the Steelers again.
If you can give me tonights lottery numbers while you're here, I'd really appreciate it...

Users who are viewing this thread