What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bathroom at the office? (1 Viewer)

If there is someone in an adjacent stall, will you come back to the bathroom shortly or just go (***

• I'll go regardless

Votes: 67 37.4%
  • Come back later

Votes: 64 35.8%
  • Situation depending

Votes: 48 26.8%

• Total voters

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
A few questions, this is mainly for those who have 2 or more stalls in their office or place of work.

When you take a #### at work, are you ever uncomfortable because of someone in a stall next to you?

I was just in the the bathroom, it was empty, and I sit down to take a dump - someone comes into the stall next me, he's moaning and groaning in pain and dropping loud doody farts and what sounds like diarrhea - he continues to moan and groan and then I hear what sounds like Youtube videos, accompanied by more moaning and groaning of discomfort. I hurried up and exited. 

Bottom line, I hate taking a #### when someone is using an adjacent stall, if it isn't urgent I might even wait for the bathroom to empty... Normal or strange?

Last edited by a moderator:
A few questions, this is mainly for those who have 2 or more stalls in their office or place of work.

When you take a #### at work, are you ever uncomfortable because of someone in a stall next to you?

I was just in the the bathroom, it was empty, and I sit down to take a dump - someone comes into the stall next me, he's moaning and groaning in pain and dropping loud doody farts and what sounds like diarrhea - he continues to moan and groan and then I hear what sounds like Youtube videos, accompanied by more moaning and groaning of discomfort. I hurried up and exited. 

Bottom line, I hate taking a #### when someone is using an adjacent stall, if it is urgent I might even wait for the bathroom to empty... Normal or strange?
Is this you?

Depends on the urgency. 

The bathroom I frequent at work has 5 stalls.  If they are all empty when I get in there, I take the one on the end the furthest away from the door.  With a solid wall on one side, it cuts the chance someone will plop down in the stall next to me by 50%. 

Everyone once in awhile the room will be empty except for me on the end, and someone will come in and grab the stall right next to me, when there are 3 other open ones with a little bit of buffer zone available.  Drives me nuts. 

I don't understand why they can't make the walls between the stalls go all the way to the floor.  How's 'bout a little personal space, yo? 

I prefer not to have anyone else in there and will come back if a non emergency situation.  if somebody else comes in while i'm doing my business i'll usually try to wait them out (assuming I still have some pooping and farting to do...if not i'll wipe and leave)

thankfully we have an auxiliary bathroom in the back that offers full privacy...unfortunately a lot of people also use it so it can be occupied or you get the constant door rattle 
This.  Unless it is an emergency I try to not release the goods until the bathroom is empty.

You work with MoP?

depends

usually I will fly around looking for a empty bathroom to unload myself

today however I was building my nest and a coworker came in. had a conversation while taking a dump.. wasn't too bad :hifive:

courtesy flush FTW

My previous job had around 100 men for 3 stalls on the floor.  If you didn't have time to visit another floor, you had no choice

Never understood why people get crazy about this. Sure, I'd rather have the bathroom to myself. If not, who cares. Everyone does it. Part of life. You aren't that important. 

I'll be honest...I think there is something wrong with you if you can't/won't #### while another person is in the room. You don't have to enjoy it or look forward to it like you would when you're at home, but just go and handle your business. 

I was taking a leak the other day and had just gotten to the sink when another guy walked in. I could actually see him deviate from his original path once he noticed me in there, and he instead went to the other sink, washed his hands quickly (no soap), and left. Yeah pal, I'm sure you really needed to rinse off your hands from your disgusting job of typing on a laptop. $20 says he was back in there ####ting 5 minutes later. 

I really only like to drop turds in solitude, but in dire needs I will go if someone is occuying 1 of 2 stalls.  I recently found that the floor right above mine in the building that has 5 stalls (2 on one side and 3 on the other, separated by a solid wall).  I usually do the business there now, but it's a bit awkward as I have to take the elevator up one flight, as there is no outside entry from the stairwell (only out for fire emergencies). 

I'll be honest...I think there is something wrong with you if you can't/won't #### while another person is in the room. You don't have to enjoy it or look forward to it like you would when you're at home, but just go and handle your business. 

I was taking a leak the other day and had just gotten to the sink when another guy walked in. I could actually see him deviate from his original path once he noticed me in there, and he instead went to the other sink, washed his hands quickly (no soap), and left. Yeah pal, I'm sure you really needed to rinse off your hands from your disgusting job of typing on a laptop. $20 says he was back in there ####ting 5 minutes later. 
honestly you should have waited 6 minutes for his return and make him #### his pants

For some reason people keep closing the doors on the stalls at my work so it appears they are occupied.  I don't feel comfortable walking up and pulling on the door to see if it is locked or trying to look under to see if there is someone in there.  Usually I will head to the urinal in that situation to see if I can hear anyone in there.

For some reason people keep closing the doors on the stalls at my work so it appears they are occupied.  I don't feel comfortable walking up and pulling on the door to see if it is locked or trying to look under to see if there is someone in there.  Usually I will head to the urinal in that situation to see if I can hear anyone in there.
mirror tactic?

Why the #### do people try to open stall doors like they're doing some kind of SWAT entry. A little jiggle of the door is all that is required. Not 3 or 4 strong push and pulls. :rant:  

Where I work the bathrooms are locked so every time I have to ####, I drop my keys after entering so I can take a quick, stealth look under the stall doors as I bend over to pick them up.  

I just use the handicap stall.  No one know I'm there. 
I usually go this route, but once had a guy come in and slam the adjacent door so hard that it flung open my handicap stall.  Had to literally get up mid-#### and give it the ankle trot to re-lock...

This happens all the time at the IT office I'm at.  I drink a ton of coffee, and thus I poop alot.  This morning I was exiting the stall and a guy was walking just past the last urinal before getting to the stalls.  Immediately stops and angles back for the closest urinal, which he had clearly already passed, and just so happened to be the midget urinal.  Then stood there awhile while I washed and left.  So strange, just go take a dump.

Is that you, Larry Craig?
My ####s are quite explosive with lots of acoustics so I like to #### alone.  If I do the keys routine and I notice that one of the stalls is in use, I'll pretend to take a piss, wash my hands and come back 10 minutes later.  

Exactly. I recommend that the next time you feel shy about taking a dump at work, just go for it. You'll feel much better both from your insides and with your own self-confidence.

It's pretty odd that a guy who has no problem posting topless selfies on a board for a bunch of dudes can't muster up the courage to #### at work. Summon whatever drives you to post those pics the next time you're about to about-face when walking into the bathroom. 

Exactly. I recommend that the next time you feel shy about taking a dump at work, just go for it. You'll feel much better both from your insides and with your own self-confidence.

It's pretty odd that a guy who has no problem posting topless selfies on a board for a bunch of dudes can't muster up the courage to #### at work. Summon whatever drives you to post those pics the next time you're about to about-face when walking into the bathroom. 
For me its more out of courtesy than embarrassment.  Nobody wants to hear me take a dump the way I do so I try to do it alone.  

I voted "don't care".

but we have 2 individual bathrooms- no stalls. the one the guys are supposed to use (the other one is nicer and for clients) is right on the break-room. I'll admit that when a few of the women are hanging out in there, I'll take a second to consider whether I'm going to go past them to take a dump. then I go past them and take a dump.

but damn right I leave the fan running and close the door quickly once I'm done.

RUSF18 said:

I do #### at work... As mentioned it can just be uncomfortable, the poll confirms I'm not an outlier. 

The dood sitting 4 feet from me groaning and moaning while watching Youtube videos just made it highly unpleasant. I'd prefer it be empty :shrug:

Always/come back later.  I have definite pooh shame.

At home, I have a water closet within the master bathroom.  The master bathroom is pretty large, probably 400 sq. ft.  WC is all the way in the back left, probably 15 feet from the door from the bathroom to the master bedroom.  When I have to drop wolfbait, I'll lock the main bathroom door just so my wife doesn't accidentally walk in while I'm offloading, even though I'd be 15-20' away and behind another locked door with a fan running inside the toilet room.

I do #### at work... As mentioned it can just be uncomfortable, the poll confirms I'm not an outlier. 

The dood sitting 4 feet from me groaning and moaning while watching Youtube videos just made it highly unpleasant. I'd prefer it be empty :shrug:
My bad, I misread one of your last sentences. In that case I'm glad for you that your confidence remains high. 

fantasycurse42 said:

Bottom line, I hate taking a #### when someone is using an adjacent stall, if it is urgent I might even wait for the bathroom to empty... Normal or strange?
Good grief.  I totally forgot to post this in the actions/trends thread.  Moaning and groaning while you take a dump in a public restroom has to be one of the biggest hell-no's out there.

Happens more often than not in my office, especially right now.  They're remodeling the 1st and 4th floor bathrooms (and taking their sweet time), so all bathroom traffic is routed to the 2nd (my floor), 3rd, 5th and 6th.  I have been just going up to the 6th floor because the 2nd is usually an effing mess.

Always/come back later.  I have definite pooh shame.

At home, I have a water closet within the master bathroom.  The master bathroom is pretty large, probably 400 sq. ft.  WC is all the way in the back left, probably 15 feet from the door from the bathroom to the master bedroom.  When I have to drop wolfbait, I'll lock the main bathroom door just so my wife doesn't accidentally walk in while I'm offloading, even though I'd be 15-20' away and behind another locked door with a fan running inside the toilet room.
I will always propose a separate WC for my clients in their master baths. who wants to offload while their spouse is trying to brush their teeth or shower (opposite more true)?

eta: I'm not shocked by anything my clients do or want at this point- but it's interesting how many don't seem to care.

I don't not go "number two" at work unless it is a dire emergency.  I know there are a lot of people that say they do it cause they're getting paid to lay a deuce but I just would rather work and wait until I get home.

Good grief.  I totally forgot to post this in the actions/trends thread.  Moaning and groaning while you take a dump in a public restroom has to be one of the biggest hell-no's out there.
This guy was sitting there and all I hear is ERRRRRR RRHHHHHH EEERRRR RHHHHHRHHH (youtube video with laughter in background), SPLASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Like WTF?

Spootch said:
I prefer not to have anyone else in there and will come back if a non emergency situation.  if somebody else comes in while i'm doing my business i'll usually try to wait them out (assuming I still have some pooping and farting to do...if not i'll wipe and leave)

thankfully we have an auxiliary bathroom in the back that offers full privacy...unfortunately a lot of people also use it so it can be occupied or you get the constant door rattle 
wait.  so if you still have pooping and farting to do and nobody is in there, you'll leave?

My big problem with the office bathroom is the size of the non-handicapped stall. We have a nice and big handicapped stall with literal feet of space to the stall wall, and then a tight as all hell regular stall right next to it. This is despite having a couple of feet between the urinal immediately next to it. No reason that wall couldn't have been bumped out another foot. 

If the handicapped is occupied I sometimes head to another floor. 

We have no handicapped labeled stalls, 2 stalls for floor - the floor below mine are two equally sized stalls, my floor has a bigger stall with a nice amount of space and smaller stall between the big one and urinals. I'll def wait for the big stall. 

We have no handicapped labeled stalls, 2 stalls for floor - the floor below mine are two equally sized stalls, my floor has a bigger stall with a nice amount of space and smaller stall between the big one and urinals. I'll def wait for the big stall. 
That's why you've got to use the small stall.  Everyone uses the big stall when it's available.  The small stall is pristine in comparison.

That's why you've got to use the small stall.  Everyone uses the big stall when it's available.  The small stall is pristine in comparison.
They're all public and gross regardless... I'd rather have the comfort of the big stall. 

I've been in this current building for about 15yrs now. 3 floors and about 1000+ employees in the building with bathrooms in each quadrant. I think I average about 1 dump per year at work.  I try to limit myself to 3/4 trips to the urinals each day and no longer than 60 seconds per visit. The sounds and noises coming out of the stalls (3 per restroom) is nothing I've experienced before and I grew up with 5 siblings with only 2 bathrooms.

It's just NASTY in there and I would literally rather poop my pants than sit down on a warm toilet seat and have to flush after the guy who was in before me while listening to Paul from Accounting in the next stall give birth after all-you-can-eat tacos from the night before.  

There are 24hrs in a day and you spend 8-10 of them at work, I don't understand how people can't regulate their bowel movements to either before work or after work. The doofus that sits next to me is in a stall practically every morning and afternoon around the same time (10am and 2pm). The smelly ba$tard should really check his diet as his poop schedule seems to be aligned with my pee schedule,  lucky me.

As far as I'm concerned those that  regularly head to the handicap stall once or twice a day to stink up the joint and think nothing of it should be classified as having some type of bowel disorder, stinky nasty pooping co-worker syndrome is a largely undiagnosed disorder that has s negative impact on productivity and society.

I enjoy a moment or two of solitude as much as the next fellow, but I am unabashed about announcing my presence with authority, authority which lingers long after I am gone.

I've been in this current building for about 15yrs now. 3 floors and about 1000+ employees in the building with bathrooms in each quadrant. I think I average about 1 dump per year at work.  I try to limit myself to 3/4 trips to the urinals each day and no longer than 60 seconds per visit. The sounds and noises coming out of the stalls (3 per restroom) is nothing I've experienced before and I grew up with 5 siblings with only 2 bathrooms.

It's just NASTY in there and I would literally rather poop my pants than sit down on a warm toilet seat and have to flush after the guy who was in before me while listening to Paul from Accounting in the next stall give birth after all-you-can-eat tacos from the night before.  

There are 24hrs in a day and you spend 8-10 of them at work, I don't understand how people can't regulate their bowel movements to either before work or after work. The doofus that sits next to me is in a stall practically every morning and afternoon around the same time (10am and 2pm). The smelly ba$tard should really check his diet as his poop schedule seems to be aligned with my pee schedule,  lucky me.

As far as I'm concerned those that  regularly head to the handicap stall once or twice a day to stink up the joint and think nothing of it should be classified as having some type of bowel disorder, stinky nasty pooping co-worker syndrome is a largely undiagnosed disorder that has s negative impact on productivity and society.
I'm not sure how one regulates their bowl movements.  If I have to go I have to go.

Users who are viewing this thread