What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beanie Wells (1 Viewer)

Miro Z

Footballguy
Wells is available on waivers in most dynasty leagues. Any point in hanging on to him in the hope that he gets picked up by a RB-needy team? He was a highly-regarded back coming out of college who has had some injury issues.

Wells is available on waivers in most dynasty leagues. Any point in hanging on to him in the hope that he gets picked up by a RB-needy team? He was a highly-regarded back coming out of college who has had some injury issues.
He's not on waiver in any of my 4 dynasty leagues - but if he was I'd probably take a chance and pick im up. It seems likely his knee is a serious issue as all teams that have brought him in for a physical have passed - and he's been left on the market for a long time, and he's not all that old.

Worth a shot - but probably a long shot.

He is not on waivers in any of my dynasties either. They are large leagues (16 teams, 40+ roster spots for the most part).

I would pick him up. He is going to play again. He's too young and has shown enough at times to not get a job somewhere down the road. I think his situation is pretty straight forward in that he is getting healthy and he simply isn't yet or he may be now but he really missed the window at the time when teams were kicking tires on players.

We have to keep timeframes in mind that teams are making decisions in February and March, before the draft. If a player isn't ok to go at that time, then they probably have to wait until now and beyond, when injuries and situations dictate needs in camp.

this guy is named after a hat from the fifties brohans and i have one rule when drafting never draft a guy named after a hat from the fifties i will also never draft anyone who is named the fasinator which was another hat from the fifties i am just putting that out there so we are clear take that to the bank brohans

this guy is named after a hat from the fifties brohans and i have one rule when drafting never draft a guy named after a hat from the fifties i will also never draft anyone who is named the fasinator which was another hat from the fifties i am just putting that out there so we are clear take that to the bank brohans
Can we get a ruling on Robert Turbin?

Turbans are much older and the A instead of the I is a double exonerator. You are clear to draft Turbin.

I would pick him up. He is going to play again. He's too young and has shown enough at times to not get a job somewhere down the road. I think his situation is pretty straight forward in that he is getting healthy and he simply isn't yet or he may be now but he really missed the window at the time when teams were kicking tires on players.
SSDY. Beanie Wells is done in the league.

I will bet you that you are wrong. He will be with another team again.

Turbans are much older and the A instead of the I is a double exonerator. You are clear to draft Turbin.
So I assume Colin Kaep-ernick is fair game too?

I am willing to make a wager that he will not be on a roster by week 1. The above bet has no conclusion date, so in theory, you would never have to pay.

So I assume Colin Kaep-ernick is fair game too?
Yeah, he's cool.

I am willing to make a wager that he will not be on a roster by week 1. The above bet has no conclusion date, so in theory, you would never have to pay.
Well, I said above he is in that zone where he would need to wait, for various reasons. I think Week 8 or so is reasonable. I wouldn't want to win the bet on a technicality of lingering for years and it would void the spirit of it if a team picked him up very late in the season just as insurance or something. So, I'll split it right down the middle and say that gives him enough time to be healthy and enough time for some team to maybe give him a look.

Well, I said above he is in that zone where he would need to wait, for various reasons. I think Week 8 or so is reasonable. I wouldn't want to win the bet on a technicality of lingering for years and it would void the spirit of it if a team picked him up very late in the season just as insurance or something. So, I'll split it right down the middle and say that gives him enough time to be healthy and enough time for some team to maybe give him a look.
Sounds good. Name the amount.

I'm not much of a money gambler. I will do something for fun on the site like loser is banned for a week from posting or loser has to change their avatar to "winner is #1". I don't know. But even if we don't bet I will remember this discussion and I will be sure to give you credit if you are right.

I'm not much of a money gambler. I will do something for fun on the site like loser is banned for a week from posting or loser has to change their avatar to "winner is #1". I don't know. But even if we don't bet I will remember this discussion and I will be sure to give you credit if you are right.
Ok, signature bet. If I win, you have to put "Beanie Wells has always sucked" in your sig.

Users who are viewing this thread