What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bears vs. Packers (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statcruncher

Footballguy
It used to be the week before this game was like the last week of school before summer. This week it's like the last week of fall before school. I'm guessing 53 to 24 Packers. Hurry back Jay.

Love the Pack and think they'll win a closer game than folks think. Their offensive line is overachieving at a remarkable level right now, which is a huge achievement for this coaching staff who are doing it with smoke and mirrors. I think they come back to Earth a bit this week, but it would be tough to lose to a reeling Bears team.

Packers 24, Bears 17

Last edited by a moderator:
Both teams banged up...Bears a bit more than the Packers.

While missing Cutler sucks for the Bears...the Packers have had his number big time since he has been in Chicago.

Just don't see the Packers losing this one at home.

Bears appear to have one of THE worst defenses in the league today. Sure, they still get their turnovers and the occasional TD off of them, but they can't stop anybody from driving straight down the field and scoring whenever they want.

It's kind of depressing actually. Where did the pride go on this Bears defense? They seem to be playing with no heart and only individually to get those aforementioned turnovers.

Maybe this game is what they need defensively to light a fire under their collective butt.

It used to be the week before this game was like the last week of school before summer. This week it's like the last week of fall before school. I'm guessing 53 to 24 Packers. Hurry back Jay and Lance.
:goodposting: :kicksrock:

While missing Cutler sucks for the Bears...the Packers have had his number big time since he has been in Chicago.

Lol, the Bears don't have their starting QB and they're just "a bit" more banged up? And yes, GB has owned Chicago for too long, but other than an inordinate amout of picks GB hasn't really done anything special to him. Due to a combination of bad decisions, poor receiving options, terrible O-line, etc., Cutler has looked pretty meh against many teams.

Here are Cutler's regular season averages for 2009-20012 (against GB and against all opponents) and how he's doing in 2013 so far:

OPP Comp % Yds/Gm TD/INT/% QB Rat Yds/Att

GB 54% 205 8/16/.5% 61 6.5

AO 60% 220 82/63/1.3% 82 7.1

13 65% 237 12/7/1.7% 92 7.4

Highest in Chicago

Career high

The number that really sticks out is the ridiculous 16 interceptions in 7 games. That is complete ownage right there. It's unfortunate that Cutler is out this game because I honestly think the new system, improved receiving targets, and revamped O-line were setting Jay up for his best year.

Before the injury I really thought it would be a 50/50 toss-up on who would win this game. Unfortunately the December 29th game will be meaningless if the Bears can't stop the bleeding and Detroit and GB can't stop winning.

Lol, the Bears don't have their starting QB and they're just "a bit" more banged up? And yes, GB has owned Chicago for too long, but other than an inordinate amout of picks GB hasn't really done anything special to him. Due to a combination of bad decisions, poor receiving options, terrible O-line, etc., Cutler has looked pretty meh against many teams.

Here are Cutler's regular season averages for 2009-20012 (against GB and against all opponents) and how he's doing in 2013 so far:

OPP Comp % Yds/Gm TD/INT/% QB Rat Yds/Att

GB 54% 205 8/16/.5% 61 6.5

AO 60% 220 82/63/1.3% 82 7.1

13 65% 237 12/7/1.7% 92 7.4

Highest in Chicago

Career high

The number that really sticks out is the ridiculous 16 interceptions in 7 games. That is complete ownage right there. It's unfortunate that Cutler is out this game because I honestly think the new system, improved receiving targets, and revamped O-line were setting Jay up for his best year.

Before the injury I really thought it would be a 50/50 toss-up on who would win this game. Unfortunately the December 29th game will be meaningless if the Bears can't stop the bleeding and Detroit and GB can't stop winning.
Green Bay missing 2 of its top 3 WRs (if Jones is out again).

Its #1 TE.

Is down multiple LBs (Jones, Perry, Matthews...that were starters and several backups have been dinged up too).

Yes...Cutler being the bigger injury of them all...but overall, Id say yes, just a little more banged up if you look at all of it and that is without even talking about the expected starter in Bulaga.

Cutler has played well...but still was averaging a pick every game.

I get nervous when the bears bring in a backup. Caleb Hene made swiss cheese out of the cheese heads defense not long ago. Plus we can always count on Jay throwing to the green and gold.

GB is not going to lose at home. I believe they have one of the best records at home or one of the longest winning streaks at home in quite some time... Could be wrong but I think it was a stat during a game recently.

42-17 packers

Pack receivers still injured, Briggs out and Bostic not playing the run well = Lacy all over the place-y. In your face-y? We'll have to work on that. Anyway, I would expect GB to try and control the clock with running game and it won't be a high-scoring meeting unless Rodgers hits some play action bombs against the Bears' garbage duo at safety.

For laughs, check out the Bears starting lineup last time McCown played in Green Bay. This was less than 2 calendar years ago:

Josh McCown QB Kahlil Bell RB Tyler Clutts FB Earl Bennett WR Roy E. Williams WR Kellen Davis TE J'Marcus Webb LT Eddie Williams LG Roberto Garza C Chris Spencer RG Lance Louis RT

Packers have had his # only because we had no OL and no weapons. Last year Marshall was the only weapon (Jeffrey was injured most of the year). Now we have an OL that actually blocks; 2 stud WRs and a very solid TE that can actually catch (Kellen Davis had more drops than any TE in the league as a starter).

In week 17, we will find out when Cutler carves up the fudge-packers.

Packers have had his # only because we had no OL and no weapons. Last year Marshall was the only weapon (Jeffrey was injured most of the year). Now we have an OL that actually blocks; 2 stud WRs and a very solid TE that can actually catch (Kellen Davis had more drops than any TE in the league as a starter).

Jeffrey was not injurred in at least one game vs. GB...other than his pride when he kept committing offensive pass interference.

But you can keep making excuses for Cutler continually throwing the ball to the Green Bay defense if you want.

GB puts up 30+ easily on this Bears D.

Also funny that you would predict (again) that Chicago would ever carve up the Packers...you have been claiming that for a while now...yet Rodgers keeps beating you and its the two games every year that I have supreme confidence in the scheme Capers will roll out there.

Glad you are back to talking trash too...always more fun. Also glad you stoop to the "fudge-packers" line...its about as interesting as the Seahawks/Rams/9ers fights on this board (squawks, lambs, whiners...)

Jeffery played against GB last year. I remember him not even trying to hide his push offs several times.

Second, I believe your OL is the same as last year for the most part

And last, of course the bears will beat the packers week 17. Round 1 bye will be locked up. Enjoy beating on Seneca Wallace.

Jeffery played against GB last year. I remember him not even trying to hide his push offs several times.

Second, I believe your OL is the same as last year for the most part

And last, of course the bears will beat the packers week 17. Round 1 bye will be locked up. Enjoy beating on Seneca Wallace.
Woooo wooooo....who's OL is the same? Not talking about the Bears OL are you?

I'll be there and while I would have much rather we beat the Bears with Cutler playing, I'll still get my satisfaction... and money's worth.

MNF at Lambeau in November! Doesn't get much better IMO.

I care not about the magnitude of the Bear's defeat, I just care that it happens and that the Packers escape without injury. The Pack must continue to trending towards health.

A few thoughts here......

Pack should win, but it's DUH Bearsssssssssssss, anything can happen.

Over/Under on the number of time flapgreen complains about the Bears Defense 32 1/2

Over/under on the number of times RBM whines about the Refs 17 1/2

Will BensonLeadsthe Way show up in the game thread? Yes 150-1 (If the Bears win even money)

Green Bay 31

Chicago 17

The latest injury news I could find on the impact players:

Looks like the Pack will be without their opening day starters at WR, TE, LOLB, ROLB, and have a questionable WR.

Looks like the Bears will be without their opening day starters at QB, WLB, SLB, DT, CB, and have a questionable SS.

ON IR

Melton

Collins

Williams

Cobb

Bulaga

DID NOT PRACTICE

Cutler

Briggs

Costanzo

Tillman

Perry

Matthews - Listed as OUT

Finley - Listed as OUT

LIMITED PRACTICE

Wright

James Jones

Taylor

FULL PARTICIPATION

Brad Jones

Over/Under on the number of time flapgreen complains about the Bears Defense 32 1/2

Will BensonLeadsthe Way show up in the game thread? Yes 150-1 (If the Bears win even money)

Green Bay 31

Chicago 17
I remember a Bears/Pack Monday night game a few years ago, maybe '08, where the Bears came back from a big deficit on a punt return and I think a pick 6 to win the game. You had a total meltdown. That was a thing of beauty man. The Bears weren't even very good that year.

Is it really a rivalry if the same team wins 2x as much as the other? That's like calling UW-MIN a rivalry in college sports, but Wisconsin wins every year

32-16 is the record since 1990. It's just unfair. Almost makes you feel bad for Bears fans... Almost...

Green Bay 31

Chicago 17
I remember a Bears/Pack Monday night game a few years ago, maybe '08, where the Bears came back from a big deficit on a punt return and I think a pick 6 to win the game. You had a total meltdown. That was a thing of beauty man. The Bears weren't even very good that year.
Not me, I don't meltdown.

:cool:

Is it really a rivalry if the same team wins 2x as much as the other? That's like calling UW-MIN a rivalry in college sports, but Wisconsin wins every year

32-16 is the record since 1990. It's just unfair. Almost makes you feel bad for Bears fans... Almost...
Yeh, Pack/Vikings has been better lately. That game last year in week 17 was a classic...

Green Bay 31

Chicago 17
Good Lord, I hope it's that close...

I was thinking more like 45-10 :kicksrock:

Green Bay 31

Chicago 17
Awesome

I'm a fan of McCown for this week, at least as a bye week guy. There aren't a lot of Quarterbacks available on the waiver wire that will be throwing to the quality of receivers as he will. Marshall, Jeffery, Forte out of the backfield, and Bennett are all going to be quality options. Green Bay has been solid at shutting down top receivers, but that still leaves a number of good options out there.

I think Green Bay wins, but I am not going to be shocked to see a 300/2TD/2INT line at the end of the day for McCown.

Sweetness_34 said:

And the Bears still own the fudge packers life time...
I will take the titles, recent ownage, super bowl trophies to winning the all time regular season series.

Honestly, one of the most impressive part of last night's victory for the Bears (and something they have NOT done well) was that final drive that took almost 9 minutes off the clock. The ability for the Bears to run the ball late was huge. They ran 13 times in that 18 play drive - (2 more than that on the two penalties called). It's one thing to run the ball early in the game - it's another to be able to pick up 5+ yards a clip when everyone knows you're just running clock.

While many will rightly point to Aaron Rodgers injury as the reason the Packers lost, that final drive was all the Bears O vs. Packers D - and the Bears took it to them.

Where are all the folks claiming that Green Bay is lucky to have Dom Capers, this week? Where'd they all go? Huh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread