What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Betting Lines - NFL (1 Viewer)

Timmay

Footballguy
Figured I'd create a betting lines thread for a running week to week discussion instead of creating one each individual week. 

NFL Week 7 lines: 

Denver Broncos at Cleveland Browns (-4.5)

Washington Football Team at Green Bay Packers (-9.5)

Kansas City Chiefs (-4.5) at Tennessee Titans

Atlanta Falcons (-2.5) at Miami Dolphins

New York Jets at New England Patriots (-6.5)

Carolina Panthers (-3) at New York Giants

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens (-6.5)

Philadelphia Eagles at Las Vegas Raiders (-3)

Detroit Lions at Los Angeles Rams (-15.5) 

Houston Texans at Arizona Cardinals (-17)

Chicago Bears at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-13.5)

Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco 49ers (-4)

First lines that stick out for me are the following: 

Bengals at Ravens (-6.5): Vegas is giving the Ravens a lot of respect here and maybe not giving the Bengals enough respect. Ravens have beat up on the Bengals of late, but this isnt the same Bengals team as even last year. This year is different. I like Bengals getting the points. (I am a Bengals homer however)

Washington at Packers (-9.5): Any game with a spread around 10 pts+ is scary in the NFL. But the Packers are playing well and Rodgers is going to eat this Washington team up, they can't stop anyone. Williams Jackson might be the worst signing of the offseason (ranked 4th worst CB by PFF), glad the Bengals didn't throw money at him. Give me Packers -9.5

A lot of large spreads this week with Rams -15.5, Cards -17, and Bucs -13.5. That is a lot for a professional team, but man the Lions and Texans stink and Bears stink a little less. 

Picks I took this week in my officefootballpool contest.

After 6 weeks we should have a good feel about team and should start to see elite teams start to pull away.

GREEN BAY -8.0 vs. Washington - Looking to me that GB is going to run away with this.  

Kansas City -5.5 at TENNESSEE - KC needs to start turning it on, think they do so this week.  Tennessee coming off a short week and a high.

NEW ENGLAND -7.0 vs. NY Jets - Can see NE putting up a solid performance on all sides of the ball this week and the Jets are the perfect opponent.

Carolina -3.0 at NY GIANTS - Carolina should win this with the Giants injuries

Detroit +14.5 at LA RAMS - This was a tough one, but I think the Lions get some garbage time scores and cover here.  14.5 is a lot of points.

TAMPA BAY -12.5 vs. Chicago - I think Tampa puts up a solid performance and the Bears having trouble offensively.

ARIZONA -17.5 vs. Houston - Huge spread, but could see Arizona run away with this.

I'm 15-4-1 on the year, didn't make to many picks the first 2 weeks.  Going for winning percentage prize, minimum of 75 bets needed, this is my largest week yet.  That said I'll probably go 1-6 this week. 

Who we liking tonight? 

I'm seeing Denver is down to only +1 after opening around +4.5. With Baker, Chubb and Hunt out. 

I like the teaser idea that @Leroy Hoard mentioned above. Even at +1, we are looking at Denver +7. I can see the Browns winning this with backups, but by more than a TD, I'm not so sure. 

Picks I took this week in my officefootballpool contest.

After 6 weeks we should have a good feel about team and should start to see elite teams start to pull away.

GREEN BAY -8.0 vs. Washington - Looking to me that GB is going to run away with this.  

Kansas City -5.5 at TENNESSEE - KC needs to start turning it on, think they do so this week.  Tennessee coming off a short week and a high.

NEW ENGLAND -7.0 vs. NY Jets - Can see NE putting up a solid performance on all sides of the ball this week and the Jets are the perfect opponent.

Carolina -3.0 at NY GIANTS - Carolina should win this with the Giants injuries

Detroit +14.5 at LA RAMS - This was a tough one, but I think the Lions get some garbage time scores and cover here.  14.5 is a lot of points.

TAMPA BAY -12.5 vs. Chicago - I think Tampa puts up a solid performance and the Bears having trouble offensively.

ARIZONA -17.5 vs. Houston - Huge spread, but could see Arizona run away with this.

I'm 15-4-1 on the year, didn't make to many picks the first 2 weeks.  Going for winning percentage prize, minimum of 75 bets needed, this is my largest week yet.  That said I'll probably go 1-6 this week. 
5-2, I'll definitely take that.  20-6-1 ATS.

Week 8 lines:

Green Bay Packers at Arizona Cardinals ARI -6

Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills BUF -13.5

Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons ATL -3

Philadelphia Eagles at Detroit Lions PHI -3.5

Tennessee Titans at Indianapolis Colts TEN -1.5

Los Angeles Rams at Houston Texans LAR -14.5

Cincinnati Bengals at New York Jets CIN -10.5

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns CLE -3.5

San Francisco 49ers at Chicago Bears SF -3.5

Jacksonville Jaguars at Seattle Seahawks SEA -3.5

New England Patriots at Los Angeles Chargers LAC -5.5

Washington Football Team at Denver Broncos DEN -3

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints TB -5

Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings DAL -2.5

New York Giants at Kansas City Chiefs KC -10

Picks I like this week:

Tennessee -1.5 at INDIANAPOLIS  - I think Tennessee keep up their current good play, this 1.5 is way too little for this line.

DETROIT +3.5 vs. Philadelphia - Call me crazy but I think this is the week Detroit gets it's first win.  I think the 3.5 points are a bonus

Washington +3.0 at DENVER - Both teams are not that good.  I'll take the points.

Tampa Bay -5.0 at NEW ORLEANS - Tampa should be way too much for New Orleans.  

Dallas -2.5 at MINNESOTA - Dallas off the bye, I think this line is too small.  I think they win by more than a TD.

For some reason the Dallas game to me seems like a trap. Both teams playing well into the bye. Minnesota always in some tight games. I think it really comes down to who comes out flat off the bye. 

That Bucs line is nice. Bucs offense is too good for the Saints to keep up. 

For those into teasers, Denver +8 hooked with Green Bay -2.5.

Crossing both 3 & 7. 
Got my winner for my chicken dinner, let's make this week also squawk.

The game that best currently fits into this method is Vikings +7.5. Should be a competitive home dog even vs the mighty Cowboys.

The second part might be harder to close. No obvious system types, but of the rest I like Arizona minus a half point. GB missing a bunch of receivers, I like the unbeaten team at home.

Got my winner for my chicken dinner, let's make this week also squawk.

The game that best currently fits into this method is Vikings +7.5. Should be a competitive home dog even vs the mighty Cowboys.

The second part might be harder to close. No obvious system types, but of the rest I like Arizona minus a half point. GB missing a bunch of receivers, I like the unbeaten team at home.

I already played a Vikes/Colts tease.  Colts are a little scary, but they fit the Wongness perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread