What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Buy contest participants check in... (1 Viewer)

steaker

Footballguy
Wondering if anyone of us FBG has been in the top 70 in any of the first 3 weeks of the Best Buy contest (and thus got "in the money") ?

And/or what is your current overall ranking.

jsteaker here currently at #80 spot overall.

Overall 4918 560Last Week 29151 159 The BestBuy contest is hard. I'd like to see the winners' teams. Last week I had DDavis (my tag player) and Q. $240 is not enough when a decent kicker costs almost $20.

Haven't been in the prizes or $$. Ranked 158. 1 to 2 points can be the difference between 10-30 ranking spots or more.Good luck. I had Gannon last week as one of my QBs.......he went down like a clown.

I've been participating with minimal success. In week two I made Deuce McAllister my Best Buy Tag player. Last week it was Kevin Jones. It's safe to say that those guys didn't do quite as well as I hoped they would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Points last week: 129 :bag: Points overall: 519Rank last week: 43623Rank overall: 11651 I did quite well last week, and was in the top 200 or something, but weeks 1 and 3 were ugly.Hehe I had Quentin Griffin against SD as my x2 tag player. Ewps!

Last week I had 213. My duds were:- Green Bay Defense, 0 points - don't know what I was thinking- Keyshaun Johnson, 2 points - knew the Cowboys would put up good pass #s, but I picked the wrong WR.Currently sitting in 1710th place overall.

week 2 I finished 1 point out of the money.and I was at 97th overall for the first two weeks...I had a bad week last week and dropped back to around 950 overall.

Had D Davis and Q last week for a total of 7 points.Ended up with 216 points ranking in at 4396 for the week.Overall points 648, ranking 262.

Points last week: 164Points overall: 713Rank last week: 7126Rank overall: 3875 Anyone else still playing ?

I'm at 783 points overall....The key to this thing is to nail your tag player...I am starting to wonder if it makes sense to tag a defense since they get 3pts per sack, int etc...THoughts??

Points last week: 133Points overall: 654Rank last week: 29956Rank overall: 12130I agree that picking the correct tag player can make all the difference. It's a brutally tough contest. I'll just keep entering each week, and hope to catch lightning in a bottle.

Points last week: 163Points overall: 760Rank last week: 7483Rank overall: 1038 Don't have much hope of winning the overall, but like someone else said, I just hope to catch lightning in a bottle 1 week.BTW, good idea on tagging the defense.

I've got 677 overall, 8168 rank. I tagged Deshaun Foster week 2 for 54 pts but the rest of my team didn't pan out that well. I will get one of those damn TVs though. :hophead:

Had a horrible week in week 4...Points last week: 124Points overall: 759Rank last week: 36906Rank overall: 1081

I am definitely doing something wrongPoints last week: 144Points overall: 718Rank last week: 19941Rank overall: 3394 That 240 cap is tough to balance out. I been going with the higher RBs since the WRs seems like anyone could score (have been using TO).

How do you see the scores by individual for the week?I only see the totals.By the way, almost everybody here is doing better then me. :X

On the Standings page, click the "See how your players performed" link.My best tagged was Deshaun Foster for 54 in week 2.

Points last week: 146Points overall: 665Rank last week: 18962Rank overall: 10203 Tagged Chris Brown for week 4 :bag: 14 after the bonus.Tagged Domanick Davis for week 3 :bag: 4 after the bonus.I've got a lot of work to figure this thing out.

Well, if Im not pretty high this week I'm gonna have to reconsider even playing :wall: QB:I am starting DCulpepper with the DoubleTag , Chris Simms (my biggest miss here, but double tagging C-Pep should help make up for it - simms was the cheapest starting QB I could find)RB:I started T.Barber, CMartin, ESmith - all scored and had decent games, Barber a big game (MMoore was not available - I wanted him for really cheap!)WR:I started R.Moss, K.Johnson, RWayne - all three score Moss had 2 TDsTE:I started FJones - he got a TD, not much elsePK:I started DBrien and NKaeding - both did ok, not spectacularD:Atlanta - thought theyd get more against Det. but I think they still got around 15 points with sacks and FFI put SAlexander as my tiebreakerWhat's my chances this week?Mike

Well, if Im not pretty high this week I'm gonna have to reconsider even playing :wall: QB:I am starting DCulpepper with the DoubleTag , Chris Simms (my biggest miss here, but double tagging C-Pep should help make up for it - simms was the cheapest starting QB I could find)RB:I started T.Barber, CMartin, ESmith - all scored and had decent games, Barber a big game (MMoore was not available - I wanted him for really cheap!)WR:I started R.Moss, K.Johnson, RWayne - all three score Moss had 2 TDsTE:I started FJones - he got a TD, not much elsePK:I started DBrien and NKaeding - both did ok, not spectacularD:Atlanta - thought theyd get more against Det. but I think they still got around 15 points with sacks and FFI put SAlexander as my tiebreakerWhat's my chances this week?Mike
What's your name? I'll look for you in the winner's circle this week... ;) I, too, started Culpepper, and flip flopped between tagging him or Alexander this week. :wall: Guess which I tagged? Well, Alexander didn't exactly SUCK this week, so I still did alright. Had a few others that did well, like Eric Johnson, Duce Staley, and Artose Pinner...

My name is Mike Behnke - I had to add up my points - 249 prior to any stat changes by the NFL. Good enough last week for #2! Course, 2 of the 4 weeks I woulda still be outta the prizes, so we'll have to see how this week ends up scoring.

If anyone would like to use it, I came up with a points calculator for the Best Buy Game, you can download it from www.mikebehnke.com/ff/ - look for the file BestBuyPointsCalc.xls

Direct link (right click and select Save As...):

www.mikebehnke.com/ff/BestBuyPointsCalc.xls

Good luck to all playing!

Mike

This contest is one of the best things (free) going on the net, IMO (even though I really stunk it up the first four weeks). A free fantasy game, and you can’t beat the prizes.I think I hit a pretty week this time around, with the following lineup:McCown and Brees (5 TDs combined, for a total salary of mid-20’s)Chris Brown (tagged=huge), Shaun Alexander, Tatum Bell (oops)Javon Walker, Derrick Mason, Larry Fitzgerald (One TD each, total around 300 yds)F. JonesDoug Brien and Gary AndersonAri Def (7 TO/sacks)Even considering the hole in my lineup at RB3, I put up a pretty decent week- 257 by my calcs. I’m anxiously awaiting the published results. Even a $25 gift card would be sweet-after all, it was free to enter. Of course, it’s hard not to think about one of those huge HDTV’s in my living room…Good luck to you, too, Mike.

Anyone know when they post the scores? I'm expecting a big week as well...which is probably bad beacuse with everyone expecting a big # just a couple of points is gonna cost a few hundred positions....

Stats are up !!Points last week: 196Points overall: 906Rank last week: 8808Rank overall: 2830 Should have doubled Culpepper instead of Alexander... :wall:edited with corrected score....I was smarter before....

I think there may be a problem with the stats at this point...it shows me at 137, but I calculated 257. Also, it has Chris Brown at at 20, and Shaun Alexander at 46 - both are quite far off, I believe. Stay tuned.

I think there may be a problem with the stats at this point...it shows me at 137, but I calculated 257. Also, it has Chris Brown at at 20, and Shaun Alexander at 46 - both are quite far off, I believe. Stay tuned.
Yea i just came here to do a search for this thread. The scoring for week 5 is WAY off. It has me listed with 89 points. This was my team and the scores they gave me. ( Don't laugh, i just signed up monday morning lol. )Favre 10McNair 8Brown 10Green 41Holcombe 3Driver 3 Berlin 0Walker 6 ( 2x guy )Martin 1Longwell 7Hentrich 0Packers 0Ok now all I can say is WTF!WTF

The scoring is definitely off they have c.brown with 10 points (supposed to be 10pts per rushing td) and they have mare with 1 pt (he didn't play).

They have Steve Christie with 7, Zereoue with 0, and Curtis Martin with 40...I did not notice any errors in prior weeks, but this one is crazy...

My team totals seem to be corrected now...I'm still hoping the overall standings will change, though, as they are the same as when I checked 1 1/2 hours ago (and I'm still not in them).

Last week I was ranked #14 overall, this week I blew the big one and dropped to something like #130. 2 of the first 3 weeks I missed winning a prize by like 10 points and one was the DVD Recorder - D'OH. After week 3 I was sitting at #21 with 3 solid weeks and thinking the game was easy, but after 2 bad weeks I'm not so sure anymore.FYI, somehow I went from #21 to #14 between weeks 3 and 4 with only 117 points so I assume that no one is doing well week to week. On a side note, it kinda sucks that only the top person wins at the end of the year. That said, it's a free contest and I'm not going to write my congressman over it or anything.

Last week I was ranked #14 overall, this week I blew the big one and dropped to something like #130. 2 of the first 3 weeks I missed winning a prize by like 10 points and one was the DVD Recorder - D'OH. After week 3 I was sitting at #21 with 3 solid weeks and thinking the game was easy, but after 2 bad weeks I'm not so sure anymore.FYI, somehow I went from #21 to #14 between weeks 3 and 4 with only 117 points so I assume that no one is doing well week to week. On a side note, it kinda sucks that only the top person wins at the end of the year. That said, it's a free contest and I'm not going to write my congressman over it or anything.
Sounds like you're doing great to me. :thumbup: What's your secret?

Pos Name Team Opp Points QB David Carr HOU MIN 31 QB Kerry Collins OAK at IND 14 RB Ahman Green GB TEN 3 RB Corey Dillon NE MIA 9 RB Amos Zereoue OAK at IND 9 WR Andre Johnson HOU MIN 74 WR Andre Davis CLE at PIT 20 WR Javon Walker GB TEN 25 TE Freddie Jones ARI at SF 12 PK John Carney NO TB 6 PK John Kasay CAR at DEN 7 D Cleveland Browns CLE at PIT 13 Totals 223 Flipping A. Green = highest amount spent yielded the fewest points :rant: Nice Tag on A Johnson though!Points last week: 223Points overall: 982Rank last week: 2032Rank overall: 381

Last week I was ranked #14 overall, this week I blew the big one and dropped to something like #130.  2 of the first 3 weeks I missed winning a prize by like 10 points and one was the DVD Recorder - D'OH.  After week 3 I was sitting at #21 with 3 solid weeks and thinking the game was easy, but after 2 bad weeks I'm not so sure anymore.FYI, somehow I went from #21 to #14 between weeks 3 and 4 with only 117 points so I assume that no one is doing well week to week.  On a side note, it kinda sucks that only the top person wins at the end of the year.  That said, it's a free contest and I'm not going to write my congressman over it or anything.
Sounds like you're doing great to me. :thumbup: What's your secret?
I think it's deffeinalty getting harder as the weeks progress. I started out on fire because I was confident in C Mart and Roy Williams who were good values at the time. Unfortuanlty the first 3 weeks I picked someone who flopped big time.Week 1: Andre Johnson - 5Week 2: Brandon Lloyd - 0, O Smith 8 (missed gift cert. by 15, if I tag CMart instead of Brooks I win the DVD recorder)Week 3: DD - 2 (scored 253 this week w/ him, took out Tiki at the last minute)Looking back at my squads there doesn't seem to be much similarities in them other than picking what I think is the best RB and WR for the week and going from there.Edited to add that I give up on Amani Toomer. . .. at a value of 5 I keep wating for him to break out but he's been killing me. So, my advice to you JUMP ALL OVER HIM. I can almost guarontee you 125 yds and 2 TDs. . .. He'll you might as well tag him too.

Points last week: 163Points overall: 907Rank last week: 25008Rank overall: 2760 Dropped about 1400 spots in the overall.I had a crazy week this past week. My players either went BOOM or bust. Rattay, Manning, Alexander, & Moss (x2) went BOOM.Foster, Moe, Glenn, Putz, etc. went bust.

Users who are viewing this thread