What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best car for 30's single guy (1 Viewer)

Mini Cooper S hardtop, tricked out. Most fun car I've ever driven, great gas mileage to boot. And you'll still have like $20k left in your pocket.

Are you looking new only?

I'd test drive:

Cadillac XTS

Audi S6 3.0t

BWM 528i (although not sure about the 2.0L 4cyl, maybe check the 335i too)

Chrysler 300S

Lincoln MKZ

maybe a Jaguar XF I4 (another 4cyl though)

Whatever it is I'd get optioned up the ### and rip out the stereo system and add a good one.

The Q50 looks cool, I just couldn't do it. Good luck and have fun!

Mini Cooper S hardtop, tricked out. Most fun car I've ever driven, great gas mileage to boot. And you'll still have like $20k left in your pocket.
That's funny #### right there! A ####### mini! I saw 30s, single... I missed the gay part.
Guys who are 30's and single have to quit worrying about what dudes think.

ETA: which is why the Wrangler is money. It's a stupid vehicle, but it's always at the top of the feminine appreciation lists, if you follow marketing stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny #### right there! A ####### mini! I saw 30s, single... I missed the gay part.
I'm just messing, but damn man. What about what the girl/woman will think when you pull up in that clown car?

Me,

I'd drop $15-16k on a 2004 BMW M3
I'd drop $10k on a Jeep Wrangler

I'd drop the other $20k in the bank.

I'm just messing, but damn man. What about what the girl/woman will think when you pull up in that clown car?
I know several women that love the Mini. So I am thinking they will think it's cool.

I know several women that love the Mini. So I am thinking they will think it's cool.
They also think a VW Beetle is cool. Not sure they'd want their man driving one, though.

[icon] said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Go get a used BMW X6.

You can find one in the $40's. So much fun to drive.
Yeah, the 40 year old MILFs will love him in that.
Yeah, have no idea what that even means.

First, he's in his 30's. Second, that car is just delicious to drive and you don't see many of them around.

The 8-cylinder version of that car can go 0-60 in just over 5 seconds. This is a 5,000lb vehicle. And because of how wide the tires are and how low it is, it handles like a car, not an SUV, where it can fly around curves and corners and stops on a dime.
Maybe where you live but in Northern VA every soccer mom that didn't go full-on minivan has one of these.

If I saw a guy in his 30s driving one of these (or the many variations) I would immediately think: "Oh, look who's got mom's car".
Exactly.

IF you think that things fast and handles well, you should try driving an M3 or M5... that thing is a crossover grocery getter. No way a single dude in his 30's should be driving a grocery getter.
You realize the 8 cylinder X6 goes from 0-60 in 4.8 seconds which is the same as the M3, right? I'm really hoping you're confusing this with an X3 or an X5 or maybe you simply haven't driven one. It is the farthest thing from a grocery getter or a "mom's car".
My neighbors have one of these. The wife drives it exclusively. It may be fast, but it is neither attractive or manly.
thats a weird thing to say about your neighbors wife
Actually now that you have me thinking about it she isnt attractive and is rather manly/boyish. I dont know how fast she is. But her car is not attractive either.

They also think a VW Beetle is cool. Not sure they'd want their man driving one, though.
Well to be fair I have been out of the game for awhile. But when I was in the game I was getting laid while driving a 1975 4 door Nova. I don't think women worry as much about cars as guys think they do.

Well to be fair I have been out of the game for awhile. But when I was in the game I was getting laid while driving a 1975 4 door Nova. I don't think women worry as much about cars as guys think they do.
No. I agree. I was just making a joke. I think if you're worried what car you drive is going to affect your sex life, you have much bigger problems.

I was a lot better looking when I drove my convertible Vette than I was in my Ford Ranger. I was married at the time, so it didn't help me not get laid, but women notice your car.

No. I agree. I was just making a joke. I think if you're worried what car you drive is going to affect your sex life, you have much bigger problems.
Understood and I agree.

Arizona Ron said:
2014 Nissan Maxima. Style, power, all the latest safety/GPS/Bluetooth features and plenty room in the backseat.

There's no reason for someone in their 30s to buy a car for 45k-50k unless it's a gift.

Don't get a sports car, they're made for old guys who want to look good for other old guys.
Love my Maxima. Can be had in the low $30s fully loaded. Fun to drive, plenty of room for friends, will haul ###, looks sexy as hell. I get complimented all the time on it.
Yep. A decked out Altima with the 3.5 is a nice car as well.

I was a lot better looking when I drove my convertible Vette than I was in my Ford Ranger. I was married at the time, so it didn't help me not get laid, but women notice your car.
Oh yeah I'd agree with that. But then again a lot of women make a judgement about guys that drive Corvettes and Porches that isn't too charitable.

Arizona Ron said:
2014 Nissan Maxima. Style, power, all the latest safety/GPS/Bluetooth features and plenty room in the backseat.

There's no reason for someone in their 30s to buy a car for 45k-50k unless it's a gift.

Don't get a sports car, they're made for old guys who want to look good for other old guys.
Love my Maxima. Can be had in the low $30s fully loaded. Fun to drive, plenty of room for friends, will haul ###, looks sexy as hell. I get complimented all the time on it.
Altimas are nice, but you see them everywhere and that 3.5 looks the same as every 2.5 family sedan on the road. Although the Maxima has similar styling, it's different enough to be unique.

Arizona Ron said:

Altimas are nice, but you see them everywhere and that 3.5 looks the same as every 2.5 family sedan on the road. Although the Maxima has similar styling, it's different enough to be unique.
Maxima looks and feels like a luxury car. The Altima feels like a car my daughter should drive to college.

It's not even close.

LET'S GO! http://www.edmunds.com/inventory/used/vin.html?vin=SCFBB03B97GC03412&radius=200&make=Aston Martin&model=V8 Vantage&year=2007&defaultType=&mode=&invtype=USED
I think Tre just won the internet.
:sackdance:
Yes because paying 54k for a 6 year old car is awesome.

Buy new, don't buy someone else's crap car that's right on the verge of needed major repairs - oh and Aston is not cheap to maintain. Especially after 30,000 miles.

Why waste so much on a car?

Buy a cheaper car and retire sooner.
I've told the story before but my parents lived this way. Never buy what they really wanted always saving for retirement. They ended up screwed over. And they didn't even have any fun vacations or toys to point to. Don't live to retire you just might regret it.

LET'S GO! http://www.edmunds.com/inventory/used/vin.html?vin=SCFBB03B97GC03412&radius=200&make=Aston Martin&model=V8 Vantage&year=2007&defaultType=&mode=&invtype=USED

Buy new, don't buy someone else's crap car that's right on the verge of needed major repairs - oh and Aston is not cheap to maintain. Especially after 30,000 miles.
It's iadvice. Stop being practical.

It's all relative. At least he wouldn't be driving a Nissan. :puke:

Arizona Ron said:

Maxima looks and feels like a luxury car. The Altima feels like a car my daughter should drive to college.

It's not even close.
Altima was more fun to drive

Tesla. Little more than you want to spend but the gas savings will put you right in the wheelhouse.
Yeah, $70k just a tad more than he wanted to spend. But assuming $4.00/gallon gas and a car that gets 20MPG AND not having to pay one red cent on electricity to charge his Tesla he'll recoup that $20k difference in short order... a scant 100,000 miles.

Used 2009 Cadillac CTS-V with an extended warranty for about $40k

4 door luxury and faster than just about anything on the road.

Be a man and see what 500hp feels like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPqcTFm2ID8#t=00m10s

Users who are viewing this thread