What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best car for 30's single guy (1 Viewer)

Joe T

Footballguy
What's the best car for a guy who is in his 30's and single?

Let's set the limit at 45k. (Can go 50k if necessary.)

Whichever small luxury sports sedan you like best.

Go test drive a 3 series, a C class, an ATS, an Audi, etc. Whichever you like best, buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
2014 Nissan Maxima. Style, power, all the latest safety/GPS/Bluetooth features and plenty room in the backseat.

There's no reason for someone in their 30s to buy a car for 45k-50k unless it's a gift.

Don't get a sports car, they're made for old guys who want to look good for other old guys.

Audi A6. All the bells and whistles of the A8 but a little smaller and a lighter price tag. Car and Driver gave it high marks.

2014 Nissan Maxima. Style, power, all the latest safety/GPS/Bluetooth features and plenty room in the backseat.

There's no reason for someone in their 30s to buy a car for 45k-50k unless it's a gift.

Don't get a sports car, they're made for old guys who want to look good for other old guys.
If you want a fancier version then get an Infinity G37, the coupe is a bit small but a lot of fun to drive, also like the 4 door as well.

Not anywhere near hitting the max of your range, but I just turned 30 and leased first car an A4 w/AWD 2L Turbo and Premium package, and since have leased an Acura TSX w/o Tech Package and an Acura TSX w/Tech Package.

Audi A4 was by far and away the most fun to drive, feels like you're glued to the road even when going fast and up/down windy roads. Didn't keep leasing as that was probably not financially smart, but I lived at home while I leased it so that was my "young and stupid" lease. The prices have gone up since, and any options are killers. I'm out, but if you test drive it, I think you'll really like it. The maintenance schedule is annoying, but it's an awesome automobile.

Been in Acura's since, and love it. Fits my budget well, and I get every bell and whistle I want with the TSX Tech package. It's not on the level of an Audi/BMW/Mercedes, but it's not far off when you drive it, and the price to value is awesome for what you do get. No maintenance, well built, solid drive of a car. Thinking about stepping up to a TL next lease go-round, will have to see what lease programs Acura has next summer.

All I can offer based on my experience w/ a soft 30-35k-ish limit, hope that helps and you enjoy whatever you land on!

BMW M3 (Straight up fun to drive. Fast as hell)
Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec (Luxury & Performance comparable with 60-75k range standard luxury car)

Depends what you're looking for (Speed/Performance or Luxury/Performance).

Posh-and-loaded F-150, Old-school Jeep Wrangler, or something that says "Mercedes Benz" on it, depending on who you want to attract, since you're out of your way to mention "single."

If you want a good car instead, go read professional reviews.

Agree with the sentiment to avoid any kind of sports car at almost all costs. Laughable to anybody who isn't wearing a track suit with "Vinnie" monogrammed on it.

Posh-and-loaded F-150, Old-school Jeep Wrangler, or something that says "Mercedes Benz" on it, depending on who you want to attract, since you're out of your way to mention "single."

If you want a good car instead, go read professional reviews.

Agree with the sentiment to avoid any kind of sports car at almost all costs. Laughable to anybody who isn't wearing a track suit with "Vinnie" monogrammed on it.
That's kind of stupid. There are some very nice luxury sports sedans out there.

Go get a used BMW X6.

You can find one in the $40's. So much fun to drive.
Yeah, the 40 year old MILFs will love him in that.
Yeah, have no idea what that even means.

First, he's in his 30's. Second, that car is just delicious to drive and you don't see many of them around.

The 8-cylinder version of that car can go 0-60 in just over 5 seconds. This is a 5,000lb vehicle. And because of how wide the tires are and how low it is, it handles like a car, not an SUV, where it can fly around curves and corners and stops on a dime.

Go get a used BMW X6.

He said single... not married with 2 kids.
lol.....what?

Go read my post above. This vehicle is FAR from a family car. In fact, there's only 2 seats in the back as it's considered a coupe (sports activity coupe). And it is a horse. The fact that I'm married now with 2 kids is the reason I DON'T have this car or else I would again.

Go get a used BMW X6.

First, he's in his 30's. Second, that car is just delicious to drive and you don't see many of them around.

The 8-cylinder version of that car can go 0-60 in just over 5 seconds. This is a 5,000lb vehicle. And because of how wide the tires are and how low it is, it handles like a car, not an SUV, where it can fly around curves and corners and stops on a dime.
Maybe where you live but in Northern VA every soccer mom that didn't go full-on minivan has one of these.

If I saw a guy in his 30s driving one of these (or the many variations) I would immediately think: "Oh, look who's got mom's car".

An Acura TL. I had three of them. The best part is they come fully loaded. There is only one option and that's the Technology Package which adds the GPS and screen for your iPod. I loved that car.

Go get a used BMW X6.

Maybe where you live but in Northern VA every soccer mom that didn't go full-on minivan has one of these.

If I saw a guy in his 30s driving one of these (or the many variations) I would immediately think: "Oh, look who's got mom's car".
Interesting. Especially considering there's only about 5000-6000 of these sold in the US each year. So, you figure the entire state of VA has maybe 300 sold/year over the last 5 years but every soccer mom has one, right?

ETA--If you're talking about the X3 or the X5, then absolutely. But the X6 is a completely different vehicle.

Go get a used BMW X6.

Exactly.

IF you think that things fast and handles well, you should try driving an M3 or M5... that thing is a crossover grocery getter. No way a single dude in his 30's should be driving a grocery getter.

Go get a used BMW X6.

Exactly.

IF you think that things fast and handles well, you should try driving an M3 or M5... that thing is a crossover grocery getter. No way a single dude in his 30's should be driving a grocery getter.
:goodposting:

[icon] said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Go get a used BMW X6.

Exactly.

You realize the 8 cylinder X6 goes from 0-60 in 4.8 seconds which is the same as the M3, right? I'm really hoping you're confusing this with an X3 or an X5 or maybe you simply haven't driven one. It is the farthest thing from a grocery getter or a "mom's car".

[icon] said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Go get a used BMW X6.

Exactly.

MIGHT be able to find a reasonable used M3 at $45,000...no chance new (if that matters to you)

[icon] said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Go get a used BMW X6.

Exactly.

You realize the 8 cylinder X6 goes from 0-60 in 4.8 seconds which is the same as the M3, right? I'm really hoping you're confusing this with an X3 or an X5 or maybe you simply haven't driven one. It is the farthest thing from a grocery getter or a "mom's car".
A Honda Odyssey could go 0-60 in 1 second and it would still be a grocery getting mommymobile.

Joe T said:
What's the best car for a guy who is in his 30's and single?

Let's set the limit at 45k. (Can go 50k if necessary.)
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=35wZAIIA6pqvBM&tbnid=lN7xPsVo9kBXyM:&ved=0CAIQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.saschina.org%2Fseyoung01px2020%2Ffiles%2F2013%2F02%2F2013-chevrolet-camaro-tur_600x0w.jpg&ei=IDBMUtHgEoOY9QTZxYCoBQ&bvm=bv.53371865,d.aWM&psig=AFQjCNFDOj2XTZV5sJZgkoP0OGQWeQUdhw&ust=1380811163414891

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=YVct4_IYHM-jYM&tbnid=E-MCnPPKAXjizM:&ved=0CAIQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prophetsofmadness.com%2Firoc-z%2Fmystory%2F11-1-09%2520Car%2520Show%2520Pictures%252007.JPG&ei=nDBMUq3GDILO9ASH6YGQCQ&bvm=bv.53371865,d.aWM&psig=AFQjCNHH89hdp9VkF7Igbp_wqEt49oJ8nQ&ust=1380811241351403

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=smSZbehz55Il6M&tbnid=iJHVodMlbn7haM:&ved=0CAIQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic03.mediaite.com%2Fsportsgrid%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FBieber-car-body.jpg&ei=ujBMUtzPHoTO9ATqjIDwCw&bvm=bv.53371865,d.aWM&psig=AFQjCNHH89hdp9VkF7Igbp_wqEt49oJ8nQ&ust=1380811241351403

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=smSZbehz55Il6M&tbnid=iJHVodMlbn7haM:&ved=0CAIQjBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.belgeinfo.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FGold-Bugatti-2.jpg&ei=yTBMUrWWMIL-9QSatYCIDg&bvm=bv.53371865,d.aWM&psig=AFQjCNHH89hdp9VkF7Igbp_wqEt49oJ8nQ&ust=1380811241351403

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7457/9264218264_fcf6b7d167_z.jpg

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/03/14/09/39/2006_nissan_skyline-pic-14720.jpeg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/FullCanvas/DouchebagHummer.jpg

and once you pick one you'll need a new crew

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eytledAI8vQ/T6NDcrhjgiI/AAAAAAAAA2s/0hc24TRCDMo/s400/douchebags_11.jpg

Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Go get a used BMW X6.

Yup,

Or "who's got his wife's car" i don't ever see guys driving these things around Chicago

Don't do it

[icon] said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Go get a used BMW X6.

Exactly.

My neighbors have one of these. The wife drives it exclusively. It may be fast, but it is neither attractive or manly.

Coupe....not a family sedan

Audi A5 (or used S5)

Mercedes C250 or C350
I like these ideas. But are the C250/350's too small? The interiors look awesome and these can be had for far less than 45k. Just worried about how small they are.

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Q50. I think they start around $38k. Parked next to one at the gym this week that looked very nice.

http://www.automobilesreview.com/gallery/2014-infiniti-q50/2014-infiniti-q50-03.jpg

[icon] said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Arizona Ron said:
gianmarco said:
Go get a used BMW X6.

Exactly.

My neighbors have one of these. The wife drives it exclusively. It may be fast, but it is neither attractive or manly.
thats a weird thing to say about your neighbors wife

Arizona Ron said:

Love my Maxima. Can be had in the low $30s fully loaded. Fun to drive, plenty of room for friends, will haul ###, looks sexy as hell. I get complimented all the time on it.

Users who are viewing this thread