What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Draft Position with Keepers: Chubb in 3rd (1 Viewer)

abosweiler

Footballguy
10-team, 1-keeper, PPR, 2 RB/WR/TE Flex league.

Other Keepers: McLaurin (8), Dobbins (7), Diggs (4), Montgomery (3), Herbert (11), Lamb (9), Godwin (5), Jefferson (11), Gaskin (11)

My keeper: Chubb (3)

What would be the best draft pick position (1-10) to have knowing that I keep Chubb in the 3rd? Our league starts pretty RB/WR heavy, with 1-4 TEs sprinkled in first 4 rounds. Most owners have learned to wait on QB until 5th round or later, but Mahomes/Allen will probably go in rounds 3-5. I'd like to maximize my value, so pick 10 would let me get Chubb as the last pick in round 3, then get the first pick in round 4. Any thoughts on picks 1-9?

Jefferson?  Is that Justin Jefferson from Minny?  If so, for me a no brainer...  Jefferson.  

Hm, tough to analyze as I'm not in a league with any snake drafts. At first your logic seems sound -- whatever pick you "lose" due to your keeper, you'd like that pick to be as low as possible. But at the same time, the top few picks in the draft can be significantly more valuable than the rest. You'd be missing out on all of the top 9. But still, you'd get #10 and #11 ... plus Chubb and then #31 ... I think I agree that #10 is your best bet. But clearly there is not a lot of experience or confidence behind my opinion.

10th is the easy choice for me.  I want to maximize Chubb as the last pick in the round so that makes it easy.

Jefferson?  Is that Justin Jefferson from Minny?  If so, for me a no brainer...  Jefferson.  
my bad... totally misread this.  I agree with the others, 10 would be good.  I do like the double pick...

Last edited by a moderator:
who are the other keepers in the league going to be as that for me determines where i want to be round 1 to make sure i get a top player if one will be there.

Take a guess at who you think would be taken in the 1st and 2nd round. Then list your top 15-20 players, see what your "worst" would be at picks 8,13 / 9,12 / 10,11. Hopefully there will be one or two that slip a little further. 

Users who are viewing this thread