What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best fans in the NFL (1 Viewer)

Who is it?

• EAGLES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Packers

• Browns

• Jets

• Bills

• Chiefs

• Other

• Total voters
Bears

The Superfans weren't made up
yea, I shoulda had them up there. I just think it's funny how much heat Eagles fans are always taking.It's one of the best Pro football cities in the NFL. Not many rival it.

Green Bay - season ticket waiting list position is over 25,000 people long. If you joined today, you wouldn't be able to get season tickets in your life time.

Eagles easily..... This isn't a poll about the best fans, but the most passionate.It's either the Eagles for raw emotion or the Packers for cult following

Green Bay - season ticket waiting list position is over 25,000 people long. If you joined today, you wouldn't be able to get season tickets in your life time.
With all due respect to the Lambeau faithful, they live in friggin' GREEN BAY! What are they gonna do if they aren't sitting in that antiquated tuna can? Go surfing?I'd give the nod to Chiefs fans. Great fans, they. Damned knowledgeable too.

I voted for the Packers. What other team regardless of whcih sport, do more than 100,000 people own stock in the team.

Terrible POLL.
A little harsh but I agree with the sentiment. You cannot define something like this and there are to few options in the poll. However even if you had all 32 teams, the only thing this poll would show is how many fans of each team we have on FBGs.If I had to try and be objective about this I would go with what I read from Jay Mohr's column on CNNSI this week. To sum up he asked Nomar Garciapara which team had the most knowledgeable fans and he said New York.

When asked why he felt that way Nomar said "It's the only place where 50,000 fans all yell 'balk' at the same time." I consider knowledge to be an indicator of passion.

From my own experience I say that there are very few things in the entire universe that are more annoying than a transplanted New Yorker in another city.

Houston - just for showing up.
But they don't show up. Remember the Oilers' last couple years in Houston? The stadium was at like 20% capacity sometimes.
That's not fair Maurile. The Oilers played a full season (or was it two) in Houston AFTER they decided to leave the city. I am surprised even 20% would show up to see a team they knew was abandoning them.

But they don't show up. Remember the Oilers' last couple years in Houston? The stadium was at like 20% capacity sometimes.
That was because everyone hated Bud Adams and knew he was going to move the team. The Texans don't have any problems with attendance.

That's not fair Maurile. The Oilers played a full season (or was it two) in Houston AFTER they decided to leave the city. I am surprised even 20% would show up to see a team they knew was abandoning them.
Correlation, not causation. If anything, the Oilers left because the fans didn't show.Anyway, hate to agree with Sabertooth but the cheeseheads win. Although both Oakland and Dallas have plenty of fans passionate beyond what could be described as sane. In fact, Texas in general has strong football fever - and many Houston fans reflect that. But no way are Houston fans the best in the NFL.

:yawn: Same for the Bears.

BUT...I have to agree with Eagles fans. When the Eagles came to Chicago last season, there were as many if not more Eagles fans in attendance than there usually are Packer fans when the Packers come to town.

They took over the freakin' concourse during halftime singing their gay Eagles song and chanting E-A-G! L-E-S!

It was unreal.

Correlation, not causation. If anything, the Oilers left because the fans didn't show.
Incorrect. The Oilers left because Bud Adams wanted a new stadium. However, you are correct in stating that Houston fans are not the best in the NFL. Whenever the Oilers had a bad season, there were many, many Cowboy fans in the city. I never could stand that.

Hopefully someday the Texans will make it right.

Correlation, not causation. If anything, the Oilers left because the fans didn't show.Anyway, hate to agree with Sabertooth but the cheeseheads win. Although both Oakland and Dallas have plenty of fans passionate beyond what could be described as sane. In fact, Texas in general has strong football fever - and many Houston fans reflect that. But no way are Houston fans the best in the NFL.
Raider fans cause quite a scene - positive and negative - but any team that can't sell out more than one game a season doesn't even deserve consideration.

Green Bay - season ticket waiting list position is over 25,000 people long.  If you joined today, you wouldn't be able to get season tickets in your life time.
With all due respect to the Lambeau faithful, they live in friggin' GREEN BAY! What are they gonna do if they aren't sitting in that antiquated tuna can? Go surfing?I'd give the nod to Chiefs fans. Great fans, they. Damned knowledgeable too.
During one season in the late 1990s, a grand total of 7 Packer fans gave up their season tickets. Do the math. At that rate, it would take thousands of years to get season tickets.It's not just Green Bay residents on the waiting list. It's not just Wisconsin folk on the waiting list. It's people all around the country if not the world, including myself.

Green Bay sure, top 2 or 3.I'd say KC though. That stadium is incredible. They don't have the hype of GB, or even the BlackHole(and KC desreves the credit more). I went to only one game there, but it is impressive, incredible and awe inspiring. I obviosely love the Blackhole that I've sat in for 10 years now, but KC has 10k mor seats and they are all filled with great BBQ and great fans. I hate the SOB's but I respect what they have there in a big way. The Blackhole is incredible and impressive in its own right, but KC's stadium, emotion, and continual passion (the point of the question), is unsurpassed. Hats off to KC....bastards. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
No Bears or Steelers mentioned? :o How about Raider fans? Fantatical or too stupid to realize their team sucks?

I've been to most of the cities mentioned for a game. I would have to say that KC fans win this one. That was the best atmosphere I've ever been in for a game.The title of this thread is misleading, it calls for best fans and then asks most passionate. Those two scenarios are not mutually exclusive.I'd rank most passionate(not fanatical) in this order:ChiefsStillersEaglesPackersDolphinsCowboysRedskinsBearsJetsetc. etc. etc.

I don't believe I was calling it causation, I was offering an explanation as to why the stadium was at 20% capacity for the last two seasons in Houston.

I live in philly and Iggle fans are...umm..."special", that's for sure.Stiller fans are pretty good, but this is an argument nobody will win.I say Browns fans b/c look at the years and years and years and years and years of bad football they've endured.

Detroit for the same reason...and for a LOT more years. :bag:
Hands down, people still show up every week and now they care so much they are having Millen Man Marches and wearing Fire Millen shirts. These fans can be looked at as traitors, but I like to think they are more passionate about their team than normal fans because they are trying to make a statement to ownership about putting a winning team on the field. The other fans just show up and except medeocrity from their football team.

Most supportive/optomistic and most likely to own team-related clothes,bumper stickers,dinnerware,wallpaper,floormats,credit cards,flags,jewelery and most likely to have team-related conversations occupying a significant part of their social life six months out of the year (even when loosing/screwing up etc. ) - Packers

Eagle fans.Probably the only stadium in the NFL where you can't wear anything but hometeam gear without fear of your life.

Eagle fans.

Probably the only stadium in the NFL where you can't wear anything but hometeam gear without fear of your life.
That doesnt make them good fans. It makes them lowlife degenerate idiots

Eagle fans.

Probably the only stadium in the NFL where you can't wear anything but hometeam gear without fear of your life.
I agree with your assessment and it's a sad thing really. The mentality of alot of the folks there is that of a 12 year old...then add copious amounts of alcohol and you have a stereo-typical drunk, belligerant Iggle fan. Not something most of us aspire to be...

I live in philly and Iggle fans are...umm..."special", that's for sure.
yeah, ed maybe! I just can't get the booing of the McNabb pick out of my head.
The booing you are talking about was from 30 idiots called the "Dirty 30" that was bussed to NY by the local sports radio staion.And just to make this clear for the 1000th time. They did not boo Mcnabb, they booed the pick that was not Rickey Williams.

Eagle fans are the most passionate in the league.

Eagle fans.

This poll isn't about BEST or GOOD fans...it was for the most PASSIONATE.

Eagle fans.

This poll isn't about BEST or GOOD fans...it was for the most PASSIONATE.
Best fans in the NFL, Which team has the most passionate fans?
Which is it?And that still doesnt make Eagle fans passionate. That mentality has nothing to do with football, imo

Eagle fans.

:goodposting: Since they've moved to the Linc, it's not the same. Had some great fights at the Vet, though. Just in the parking lot alone.

Stiller fans are the most passionate. Any group of fans that consider Cowher to be the greatest coach has to be blindly loyal. And those idiots are the ones at the bars cheering 2 yard runs on 2nd and 8 like they've just scored a TD. You turn to their dark corner of the bar, thinking they've scored a td, only to see Ward pull sod out of Bettis' mask while standing on the 50.

Eagle fans.

:goodposting: Since they've moved to the Linc, it's not the same. Had some great fights at the Vet, though. Just in the parking lot alone.

Stiller fans are the most passionate. Any group of fans that consider Cowher to be the greatest coach has to be blindly loyal. And those idiots are the ones at the bars cheering 2 yard runs on 2nd and 8 like they've just scored a TD. You turn to their dark corner of the bar, thinking they've scored a td, only to see Ward pull sod out of Bettis' mask while standing on the 50.
:lmao: I was in Pitt for the Bears-Steeler game in the snow a couple of weeks ago, and that stadium got pretty loud. Steelers do have good fans

I put my son on the Giants waiting list when he was born last year. My dad did the same thing for me when I was born, and at 27, I was sent a letter from the Giants saying that tickets were (finally) available. I hope my son gets them before he's 30!

Users who are viewing this thread