What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Hot Sauce? (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Always been a Tabasco guy, but the wife accidentally picked up some Cholula this week... I like it a lot. What are some others that are worth giving a shot?

My personal everyday fav is Crystal, though Louisiana is right up there. Cholula is great, but for me, it is not quite as universal. And honestly, straight up Franks Hot Sauce is pretty good as well.

Hot sauce should be paired to its application. Franks for wings, srirachia for asianed, crystal for jambalaya, Valentina's for mexicaned...

I don't know if it's technically a hot sauce, but I'm absolutely addicted to sriracha.

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal everyday fav is Crystal, though Louisiana is right up there. Cholula is great, but for me, it is not quite as universal. And honestly, straight up Franks Hot Sauce is pretty good as well.
Never heard of Crystal Hot Sauce.. I'll put this on the list...

I like Cholula bc it is a little thicker than the Tabasco.

Never heard of Crystal Hot Sauce.. I'll put this on the list...

I like Cholula bc it is a little thicker than the Tabasco.
Crystal

If you like thicker, Louisiana is a little thicker than Crystal, which is closer to a vinegar / Tabasco consistency.

Never heard of Crystal Hot Sauce.. I'll put this on the list...I like Cholula bc it is a little thicker than the Tabasco.
Crystal

If you like thicker, Louisiana is a little thicker than Crystal, which is closer to a vinegar / Tabasco consistency.
That link is for microwavable casserole dishes

I've experimented with different hot sauces, but I always end up going back to Tabasco. It's ubiquitous but so good.
I'm always requesting Tabasco too, but this thicker Cholula feels a little more flavorful... I might be making the switch.

Got Crystal and Louisiana on tasting menu too before making the final decision.

Slap Ya Mama cajun hot sauce is one of my favorites if you can get it where you live.

I also love some of the hot sauces made by breweries like Oskar Blues and Stone. I particularly love the Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's Megaluta hot sauce and the Stone Arrogant ******* chipotle hot sauce.

For general use, Tabasco is hard to beat.
I've always been a Tabasco guy, can't argue against but I'm really feeling Cholula... Maybe just bc it's new to me.

Used to be Louisiana. Now I lean towards Sriracha on everything. Not fire hot but enough heat and love the flavor.
I like the Sriracha, but not with Mexican/Spanish... More Asian... I've never had it with eggs, but I bet it would go pretty well there too.

Tapatio is good. Spicy and paprika-y.

Siracha is very good, but it's not quite as universal for me as the (State of) Louisiana made sauces.

In my opinion, Tapatio is a better Mexican hot sauce than Cholula. However, Tapatio vs. Cholula is a pretty polarizing debate.

In my opinion, Tapatio is a better Mexican hot sauce than Cholula. However, Tapatio vs. Cholula is a pretty polarizing debate.
de La Viuda ####s on both those hot sauces... Mexico's best stuff. And Im a huge Cholula fan.

Also, when I lived in Australia, I got addicted to ABC Hot Sauce... It's from indonesia, and is more of a "ketchup" consistency than a liquid, but easily the most flavorful and spicy sauce ever

Slap Ya Mama cajun hot sauce is one of my favorites if you can get it where you live.

I also love some of the hot sauces made by breweries like Oskar Blues and Stone. I particularly love the Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's Megaluta hot sauce and the Stone Arrogant ******* chipotle hot sauce.
Love their Spicy Cajun Rub

I didn't even know it was a debate. Tapatio is made in LA. Cholula is made in Mexico and costs 3X as much and has 3X the flavor. Tapatio is kind of a Cholula substitue.

Love their Spicy Cajun Rub
Yeah, I use all of their various rubs (hot, white pepper, original) in my cooking. They make some high quality stuff.

My wife used to work for Slap Ya Mama whenever they went to food industry trade shows trying to expand. They've picked up some bigger distribution deals lately, as I can now get their stuff out in Colorado when they were previously limited to Louisiana and the Southeast.

I didn't even know it was a debate. Tapatio is made in LA. Cholula is made in Mexico and costs 3X as much and has 3X the flavor. Tapatio is kind of a Cholula substitue.
I need to use 3x the Cholula (at least) compared to Tapatio. Brought back my first bottle last trip over to see what all the hype is about. Not impressed. Better than Tobasco, but Tapatio > Cholula for me.

I need to use 3x the Cholula (at least) compared to Tapatio. Brought back my first bottle last trip over to see what all the hype is about. Not impressed. Better than Tobasco, but Tapatio > Cholula for me.
I prefer Valentina (extra hot) over both. It's also nice that a big 34 oz bottle is about $2.

I like all 3 though.

The only thing that sucks is the bottle cap design completely horrible. It's hell trying to keep the cap closed, especially after some sauce gets caked up around it.

I prefer Valentina (extra hot) over both. It's also nice that a big 34 oz bottle is about $2.

I like all 3 though.

The only thing that sucks is the bottle cap design completely horrible. It's hell trying to keep the cap closed, especially after some sauce gets caked up around it.
Next trip is in April, will try and bring a bottle back.

I always have at least 3 different sauces in the house.

Sriracha is a must. It goes with just about anything.

I prefer Louisiana over Crystal

Cholula is absolutely awesome, but expensive. I recommend buying the two huge bottles for 7 bucks at Costco. If you can find Tapatio, it's not as good but will do as an alternative and is much cheaper.

Tobasco is awful stuff.

I used to be all about the Sriracha, but now I love Sambal Oelek. Made by the same company but Sambal Oelek is a lot warmer.

ETA: In my cupboard I have Sriracha, Sambal Oelek, Tabasco Chipotle, Franks, Tapitio(sp)

I'm not a big fan of regular Tabasco, but their Roasted Chipotle flavor is absolutely awesome.

Standards for me are Frank's and Cholula.

Alright, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I'm a huge fan of all of the hot sauces listed, except for Sriracha, way way too much sugar, and each has their place and purpose. Now that being said, if we are going on the basis of flavor, not necessarily heat index then let me introduce to you a little brand called... The Pepper Plant. This is a Northern California standard. Far and away the best flavor out of all of them, my opinion.

We keep Valentina, McIlhenny Tabasco, Huy Fong Siracha and Franks...depends on the dish as to which sauce I use.

Greatest hot sauce ever is Inner Beauty but it is no longer made. Great blend of heat and flavor, I would put that stuff on anything that needed a little flavor boost.

http://www.hotsaucecatalog.com/inner-beauty-hot-hot-sauce/

Funny to see Tapatio on this list. We ran out of Tabasco / Red Hot a few days ago and the wife picked up Tapatio from the dollar store as a quick fix. I never heard of it and thought it would be garbage but was pleasantly surprised that it was not bad and now I see it is not a typical dollar store item.

I always have a bottle of sriracha and Tapatio handy. If I ever see Bone Suckin Sauce, I always pick that up.

I am absolutely addicted to this stuff - Tabasco Habanero Sauce. It's hot, but oh so good. Not for the faint of heart - are you man enough to try?

Users who are viewing this thread