What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Hot Sauce? (1 Viewer)

Thank you for putting out a kick-*** product! How long is an unopened bottle of hot sauce really good for? Do you really have to pay much attention to the best by date?
Legally I can only say “go by the recommended use-by” date.

Off the record, hot sauce doesn’t really expire. If it’s kept in optimal temps/out of direct sunlight, it’s probably fine.

Also the “recommended use-by” is for opening, I believe. After that they’re good in the fridge for a while. Also off the record.

Fuego Box
Is this worth looking into?
I received this as a gift last year. I thought about 1/3 of the varieties were good to great. Most were meh. I'd recommend going to Hot Sauce Guy's site and creating your own variety box. I've had about eight varieties so far, and haven't had a miss, and had some tremendous surprises (Cherry Chipotle, Heat's a Peach, and Year of the Dog being some personal favorites).
Thank you! :wub:
You got a link? or is the Lucky Dog referred to above?

ETA: going to assume yes based on the logo there. I am definitely going to order some.

Still trying to figure out a use for the peach lucky dog. Thoughts?
Carnitas tacos, Al pastor, carne asada, pizza, burgers - it’s one of my most versatile and can be used on anything. Peach / pear are super subtle and will fade or shine depending what you use it on. Roasted garlic & scorpion are the dominant notes. It’s not a very sweet sauce, I just use peaches/pears in lieu of sugar.

My first thought would be pork. Make a sauce/glaze from the hot sauce.

Or a spicy peach margarita
It’s a Barbados-style sauce. Instead of plantain/banana, I use peaches for pectin & a subtle sweetness.

You could absolutely make a glaze with it, but you’d need to add molasses or brown sugar, or simple syrup. It doesn’t have nearly enough fructose to glaze up on its own.

But sure, it could be used like that.

Carnitas tacos, Al pastor, carne asada, pizza, burgers - it’s one of my most versatile and can be used on anything. Peach / pear are super subtle and will fade on or shine depending what you use it on. Roasted garlic & scorpion are the dominant notes. It’s not a very sweet sauce, I just use peaches/pears in lieu of sugar.
Is scorpion a type of pepper?

Carnitas tacos, Al pastor, carne asada, pizza, burgers - it’s one of my most versatile and can be used on anything. Peach / pear are super subtle and will fade on or shine depending what you use it on. Roasted garlic & scorpion are the dominant notes. It’s not a very sweet sauce, I just use peaches/pears in lieu of sugar.
Is scorpion a type of pepper?
Yep - Stupid hot, with a floral flavor, notorious for creeping heat.

I have a couple not listed on the site as well (I make ‘em for other people) - a cherry chipotle, a mandarin orange + habanero with horseradish, and an XXX scorpion sauce. Happy to sub in if you order like a Green, just leave a note asking for a sub & I’m happy to help.
I got the cherry chipotle as part of the gift basket for winning the kicker contest last year and it is great. Might be my favorite of the 3 I received. The Mandarin Orange w/horsradish sounds great!

I have a couple not listed on the site as well (I make ‘em for other people) - a cherry chipotle, a mandarin orange + habanero with horseradish, and an XXX scorpion sauce. Happy to sub in if you order like a Green, just leave a note asking for a sub & I’m happy to help.
I got the cherry chipotle as part of the gift basket for winning the kicker contest last year and it is great. Might be my favorite of the 3 I received. The Mandarin Orange w/horsradish sounds great!

Thank you! It’s one of my most popular sauces, and I kind of regret giving them an exclusive on it. I could certainly sell a lot of it wholesale and/or on my website.

But as long as they keep ordering it a pallet at a time, it’s probably worth it for the marketing.

Picked up some Truff hot sauce at Costco. It's interesting. Have not figured out what to pair it with, yet.

When I make chicken wings now they’re exclusively “truffalo wings” because of these sauces. I use a Kinder’s truffle spice rub. Grill the wings indirect low/slow and then fry to get them crispy. Toss with truffle hot sauce, franks, butter, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire.

Thank you! It’s one of my most popular sauces, and I kind of regret giving them an exclusive on it. I could certainly sell a lot of it wholesale and/or on my website.
Hmmm.

I may have heard of someone ordering from your site, and they MAY have received Cherry Chipotle in their box. This is unconfirmed, of course, I will neither confirm deny that this happened.

Hmmm.

I may have heard of someone ordering from your site, and they MAY have received Cherry Chipotle in their box. This is unconfirmed, of course, I will neither confirm deny that this happened.
It’s all good. They are out of it temporarily until they order again, so I’m pretty well free to do as I please.

Hmmm.

It’s all good. They are out of it temporarily until they order again, so I’m pretty well free to do as I please.
Haven't tried the cherry chipotle. Looks like now is my chance.
FBG10 still good?

Hmmm.

Are you talking about Fuego? I only see the peach and Hell Hound listed on their site. I am definitely interested in the cherry chipotle. Hypothetically speaking could a Cherry Chipotle find its its way to replacing a Green Label order that is a single bottle, or has it been known to only find its way into combo boxes?

Hmmm.

FBG10 still good?
Alas, I switched to a in-cart discount, which, unfortunately, negates coupon codes. You can try it to see if it works… I’m honestly not sure if it will or not.

Also, the white label is not listed on my site. Go ahead and order any other variety and leave me a note asking for the substitution.

If the coupon code doesn’t work, just write FBG 10 in the note and I will manually refund you 10%.
:hifive:

Hmmm.

Are you talking about Fuego? I only see the peach and Hell Hound listed on their site. I am definitely interested in the cherry chipotle. Hypothetically speaking could a Cherry Chipotle find its its way to replacing a Green Label order that is a single bottle, or has it been known to only find its way into combo boxes?
I’m very clumsy, so I could accidentally drop a white label into virtually any order. That said, one bottle orders are a terrible value. 1 to 4 bottles ships for nine dollars flat rate. Would highly recommend at least ordering two bottles. That’s not trying to be pitchy or anything, it’s just a way better deal.

Hmmm.

I’m very clumsy, so I could accidentally drop a white label into virtually any order. That said, one bottle orders are a terrible value. 1 to 4 bottles ships for nine dollars flat rate. Would highly recommend at least ordering two bottles. That’s not trying to be pitchy or anything, it’s just a way better deal.
Looking at your site, it doesn't seem to allow designing your own combo box, does it...just a range of hotness?

ETA...maybe that is the Dealer Choice option...

Hmmm.

FBG10 still good?
Alas, I switched to a in-cart discount, which, unfortunately, negates coupon codes. You can try it to see if it works… I’m honestly not sure if it will or not.

Also, the white label is not listed on my site. Go ahead and order any other variety and leave me a note asking for the substitution.

If the coupon code doesn’t work, just write FBG 10 in the note and I will manually refund you 10%.
No biggie. Don't need a discount if it's not built into the system. Already asking for the substitution in the comment section. So I'm special.
Need a Year of the Dog and Heats a Peach. Will add 2 Green Labels and ask for Cherry Chipotle instead of the Greens.
Order placed on site.

Hmmm.

FBG10 still good?

No biggie. Don't need a discount if it's not built into the system. Already asking for the substitution in the comment section. So I'm special.
Need a Year of the Dog and Heats a Peach. Will add 2 Green Labels and ask for Cherry Chipotle instead of the Greens.
Order placed on site.
Thanks so much! I’ll get it out as soon as I get back from New Mexico. :wub:

@Hot Sauce Guy I am saddened that it has taken me this long to try your sauces. Received on Saturday...half bottle of the Cherry Chipotle gone already. Put some on eggs Sunday morning, and then my son and I tore it up on fajita's Sunday night. That stuff is $$$. Haven't gotten totry the others yet. Well done. 👏
Woohoo! :pickle:

Glad ya diggin the dog!

Cocoa Ghost is a new purchase

Really nice heat level, almost perfect for me.

I was looking around, this is their hottest sauces, but the Scoville units from this site said 71,000, so not so impressive.

But I dunno about these Scoville numbers. Apollo last dab is 2 million? And Da Bomb is only 135,000?
No way

Cocoa Ghost is a new purchase

Really nice heat level, almost perfect for me.

I was looking around, this is their hottest sauces, but the Scoville units from this site said 71,000, so not so impressive.

But I dunno about these Scoville numbers. Apollo last dab is 2 million? And Da Bomb is only 135,000?
No way
Yeah, scoville is wonky. Supposedly, food scientists can put a substance into a machine that detects the amount of capsaicin in an objectively measurable way to determine a scoville rating but food labels are still way off. Probably cuz food manufacturers merely estimate the spiciness level.
Samyang 2X spicy chicken ramen lists 8,800 scoville units on it's packaging. But it melts my face and makes me lightheaded. While some sauces that tout higher numbers just taste medium hot.

Users who are viewing this thread