What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Moves You've Made This Year? (1 Viewer)

MCguidance

Footballguy
I figured this was only fair, give us all a bit of a repreive from torturing ourselves for the bad moves we made. Therefore, what are the best moves you have made this season? Either via WW/Trade...

Sad to say I don't have many other than maybe Kevin Smith for Winslow after week 1. Even that's not so great. Picking Owen Daniels off the wire was solid, though.

Share yours, let's see what you have - and maybe toot your own horn a bit.

What are the lessons here? (besides being a good FF player/stupid owner). Do better research? Trust your gut? Trust your draft?

MC

-----

ETA: Here is the Worst Moves Thread, in case people dont see it: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...howtopic=440473

Last edited by a moderator:
By far it was my decision to trade Marvin Harrison after his 2 TD performance (week 6) for Thomas Jones. TJ has been an elite back since, scoring in double digits in every game.

About 4 weeks ago traded Deuce McAllister + Robert Meachem for Thomas Jones.

Unfortunately last week I then traded Jones + Calvin for LT ;)

Picked up Warner in both of my leagues the night that Leinart threw 3 picks in the preseason. Thank you Matt.

Made a series of trades with different teams within a one hour window that basically resulted in:

Give: McNabb, Cotchery

Get: Larry Fitzgerald, DeAngelo Williams

Pretty happy with that.

Picking up Slaton off free agency in Week 1, using him all year, and trading him for SJax this week could be my best moves if he produces in the playoffs. Otherwise he sits on my bench for LT and Brown and its my worst move....

Had a busy season. 16 team IDP keeper/dynasty

The Good:

Drafted Favre in rnd two and then traded Bulger and a 6th for Quinn and a 3rd

Picked up Hightower in week 2

Picked up Torain in week 4 and stashed him on my IR--plan to deal him this offseason.

Traded Mason for a 4th.

Traded Bryant Johnson and LJ after the Denver game for Boldin and Fred Taylor

Traded Clinton Portis, Braylon and a 3rd for ADP, Driver and a 7th.

Picked up Caddy this week just in case.

Current roster:

QB: Favre, Quinn

RB: ADP, Hightower, Chester Taylor.....Caddy and Torain on IR

WR: Colston, Boldin, Avery, Driver

TE: Greg Olsen, Boss

K: Gostkowski, Hartley

DL: Jared Allen, Will Smith, D. Tapp....Burgess on IR

LB: Beason, R. Lewis, Timmons....David Harris on IR

DB: Gibril Wilson, Ndwuke, Kenny Phillips

ST: Bears, Cards

The bad:

Traded a 3rd for V. Davis this preseason falling for the "potential" :goodposting: cut him after Singletary sent him to the showers

Sitting at 6-4 and leading my division and the top scoring team thusfar. Been very lucky with no major blunders so far.

Drafted Kurt Warner late in two leagues.

Drafted Matt Forte and chris Johnson fairly late in two leagues.

Moved a cheap expiring contract of Michael Turner ( $1.44 of a $300 cap straight up for a fairly cheap ( $37 ) Frank Gore.

Grabbing Reggie Bush in the third in a PPR 10 team redraft. He still sits atop the leaderboard for scoring in that system.

Traded Lee Evans for Slaton early(a wash, pretty much) but,

Traded Rodgers(had Brees) MJD and Deuce for ADP, Ricky and JaMarcus. Already had Portis.

Traded Bowe and Slaton for LT and Hines Ward.

Scheffler off waivers during injury.

Brees

ADP, Portis, Ladanian and Ricky

Marshall, Megatron, Ward and Bradley

Daniels and Scheffler

Gostkowski

Titans.

Very deep team in a long standing redraft league, 9-1 and ready to make a serious run at the title again.

Right after week 7 finished up I traded Barber III and Slaton for ADP, Boldin and Chester Taylor.

Avg points per game since trade

Barber III - 7

Slaton - 8

ADP - 15.7

Boldin - 19

Taylor - 7.3

Traded Romo & Moss for Burress & Brees before Romo got hurt

Traded Holt & Sproles for Moss which allowed me to send Moss for Burress

Traded TO before season started for Holt (Had to or I would lose him. Keep league & his contract was up)

Picked up NYJ DEF, Avery & Moore off the WW

Couple of good trades for me this year:

1. Traded Bobby Engram for Chris Chambers (Engram first week back)

2. Traded Jerricho Cotchery and Felix Jones for Randy Moss and Derrick Ward (Week 3)

3. Traded Andre Johnson & Darren McFadden for Thomas Jones and Philip Rivers (Week 2 after I lost Brady)

After week 2:

I sent Kitna and Scheffler away and got back Edwards and Cooley.. really solidified me in a PPR TE league.

The good: Traded Graham + Cadillac for Boldin during preseason.

The bad: My original offer was for Santonio and this was his counter.

Traded Ocho Cinco and the Giants D/ST for Andre Johnson after week 4. AJ averaged ~6 ppg in his 3 games before the trade, and ~15 ppg since. :blackdot:

Another vote here for picking Warner up immediately following Leinart's three int debacle. That move definitely softened the blow of Roethlisberger's disappointing season.

Traded Torain and Kevin Curtis last Wednesday (day before Torain's ACL) for Larry Johnson and Chris Chambers.

Will work out for me; however, the points gained from Torain and Curtis last week gave him a 2 point victory that he wouldn't have had and may have saved his season.

Picked up Rudi Johnson wk3 when he was dropped wk 2. after he blew up, traded him with gates for slaton and colston.

After Deangelo Williams blew up wk 5 traded him with Jake Delhomme for MJD.

Traded Slaton and Brandon Marshall for Chris 'Flash' Johnson and Andre Johnson wk7.

This wk traded MJD, Flash, Jlew and Andre Johnson for ADP and Larry Johnson.

Then traded Larry Johnson, Ronnie Brown and Roddy White for Gore and Jennings (not sure I should have done this one)

Already guaranteed playoff spot but hopefully will have Brees, ADP, Gore, SJax, Colston, Jennings and Witten, Def and PK as starters for wk14+

Love to trade guys I am actually low on after good wks for more quality.

Traded a lot of depth for studs, I hope.

-- trading Delhomme and J. Jones for Jennings and Rivers

-- Picking up (and playing) D. Avery when he blew up against NE

-- Trading Eli and Meacham for Jennings and Hasselbeck (Really needed a #1 rec)

ROOK

Before the season began I traded Jerricho Cotchery for Clinton Portis

I also plucked Owen Daniels, Vincent Jackson, and Jake Delhomme from the waiver wire.

I just got Tyler Thigpen off the WW this week and I'm starting him>>Delhomme. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Traded away McFadden (after Fargas went down) for Addai to a very nervous Addai owner back around Week 4.

Traded away Edge for R Bush to an SJax/Bush owner, the week before AZ made the switch to Hightower.

Drafted CJ3 and Turner on that team, so I'm liking my RB depth for the stretch run. :popcorn:

My first 5 picks this year were Colston, Housh, Rothleisberger, McFadden, and Nate Burleson. But then this series of events: I had a 1 year contract on Selvin Young that I traded to a guy for his 3rd round pick. With that pick I acquired Anquan Boldin. After the first 4 weeks, he was the #1 WR but got destroyed at the end of that Jets game. As he was questionable for the next week, I traded him to to the same guy for Andre Johnson, who had had two crappy games in a row. He went on to have the best October for any WR in over 35 years. After week 8, I traded Andre Johnson to another guy in our league for Kurt Warner and Addai and his 1 year contract for next year. Two weeks later, I traded the contract on Addai to a guy who was out of it and looking to bolster next year's team for Marques Colston (who I traded to him after week one for Jerricho Cotchery) and Willis McGahee.

So in the end, I turned Selvin Young into Warner, Colston, and McGahee. It is a shame all of them will be injured in the playoffs.

Best Trade:

Traded away Egde after week 5 (back2back good performances) for Andre Johnson to a team that had great WR depth and needed some RB depth. Edge has since gained a total of 50 yds and fumbled once.

TBD:

Since I had great WR depth and needed just two starters, I just traded away Colston and Royal for Reggie Wayne to complement Andre Johnson as my two starting WRs.

footballnerd said:
Picking up Slaton off free agency in Week 1, using him all year, and trading him for SJax this week could be my best moves if he produces in the playoffs. Otherwise he sits on my bench for LT and Brown and its my worst move....
How in the heck did you get SJax for Slaton??? I sent an offer to the SJax owner 2 weeks ago, no interest at all... but i guess ill sit with Slaton. Hopefully within these next couple weeks Kubiak wants to "Freshen" his legs back up. Helping me for My early Playoffs 12,13,14,15 (TEN) :thumbup:

Also id like to add.... As soon as i heard the KC Chiefs picked up Mark Bradley, i also moved him onto my roster... If he can keep his numbers up, he may be that one last piece to my victory. (lets just hope)

sub title for this thread could be "how did you get warner"

my huge move was preseason trade of portis and mjd for manning and willis, so far the guy i traded with is in first (he got warner in last round of draft) and i fighting for playoff spot........

Best Moves:

Drafted Drew Brees equivilant of 4.01 pick (over T Holt, Plex & DMac).

Traded Lance Moore & Moose Muhammad for Plex & V Jackson

Best Trade:

-E. Graham for McNabb & Grant

Best FA:

-Picked up Avery and started him the week of his 6/163/TD game

-Grabbed Rhodes which helped me land Addai for McGahee/Fargas

I had Addai for the last 2 years in my main 12 team keeper league, but I was very nervous about Indy's situation w/ Peyton & the O-line, plus I got really frustrated watching Joe "tap out" of the game every two minutes last season. I was scared to death to go into the season with him as my RB1.

The first deal was right before the season. I traded Addai & Nate Burleson for Reggie Bush, Torry Holt, and Selvin Young. Nate was put on IR shortly thereafter & Addai hasn't done a thing. Bush went on to be the #1 RB in our PPR league until he messed up his knee a few weeks ago. Dumped Young pretty quickly, but had to play Holt early since I also have CJ2, Steve Smith, & Colston. Lost Colston right after the first game and Smith had his two game suspension. Sometime in there I picked up Michael Bush off waivers when Fargas & McFadden were hurt. This brought about trade 2.

Trade 2 was Michael Bush & Torry Holt for MJD! He had Mcfadden who was injured & Moss & Braylon who weren't doing much early. So now my RB1 is Reggie Bush (out for now) & RB2 MJD. I already had Thomas Jones (my 1st round pick after all 48 keepers were declared) and DWill (my 6th round pick).

So I have really patted myself on the back quite a bit for trusting my gut and not following the projections when it came to Addai. The two deals essentially amount to trading Addai for RBush & MJD. Not too shabby IMO.

Too bad it hasn't translated into more wins ;) but at least I'm leading my division :lmao:

Picked up Rodgers before week one when a non believer dropped him for Josh Morgan. Traded Tory Holt for Roy Williams from a frustrated owner early in the season. Traded Hasselbeck before he was injured to a desperate team in need of a Qb for Hines Ward. Picked up Hasselbeck from waivers after his injury from previous frustrated owner. Traded Ward and Roy Williams for Colston. Picked up Roy Williams from waivers after the previous owner got frustrated and need Wr help last week. So basically Hines Ward netted me Roy Williams and Marques Colston.

Nothing flashy:

WW grabs: MeMo the two weeks he's subbed for FWP - big scores

This week: Traded Romo/Memo for CJ3/Edwards & traded Turner/Deuce for Forte

I'm in first place, and I'm looking at playoff matchups.

footballnerd said:
How in the heck did you get SJax for Slaton??? I sent an offer to the SJax owner 2 weeks ago, no interest at all... but i guess ill sit with Slaton. Hopefully within these next couple weeks Kubiak wants to "Freshen" his legs back up. Helping me for My early Playoffs 12,13,14,15 (TEN) :thumbdown:
I noticed the SJax owner is on the edge of making the playoffs, needs to win badly, and with him being out this week he needed a starting rb, I offered Slaton and he took it. Slaton does have some nice match ups down the stretch tho.

Users who are viewing this thread