What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Movie Endings (1 Viewer)

The Blair Witch Project's ending fell a little flat for me, although the movie is certainly a classic.

The best Found Footage horror movie ending is Final Prayer (also called Borderlands).

I've always loved the last 30-40 minutes of The Matrix.  Basically from where Neo and Trinity enter the lobby to rescue Morpheus all the way to the end.

If I'm flipping through channels and come across anything after that part, I typically will watch to the end, even though I can basically quote the lines verbatim at this point.   :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The ending to Shawshank Redemption is as perfect an ending to a movie as I can imagine.

One that is a guilty pleasure of mine specifically for the way it ended is Lucky Number Slevin. Not a particularly good movie, but it went from "This is a goofy, kinda fun, kinda weird movie that I'm oddly interested in" to "Oh, holy ****, everyone is going to die" in about three minutes.

The ending to Shawshank Redemption is as perfect an ending to a movie as I can imagine.

One that is a guilty pleasure of mine specifically for the way it ended is Lucky Number Slevin. Not a particularly good movie, but it went from "This is a goofy, kinda fun, kinda weird movie that I'm oddly interested in" to "Oh, holy ****, everyone is going to die" in about three minutes.
I enjoyed Lucky Number Slevin. 

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Just kidding.  I mean, I appreciate it more now, but still can't totally get over how disappointed I was as a kid, loving the movie so much but hating the ending.

Layer Cake was pretty great.

Watched it on a plane on a mini-DVD player years ago. The battery died about 5 minutes before the ending but I figured it was over and didn't bother watching it til years later. Completely different movie.

Westerns have some good endings with the heroes riding off into the sunset.  "Shane, come back!" and Gary Cooper throwing his star into the dirt in High Noon are a couple that stick out for me.

I don't think it needed to be spelled out. And the primary emotional note was hope, not resolution. That Andy brought hope back into Red's life was the point. IMO, anyway.
Interesting take.  I'll have to chew on that before I say I agree (or disagree) but definitely thought-provoking.

I understand why you feel that way. If it had ended without seeing them reunite, I would have been disappointed.
I'm gonna rephrase this. I wouldn't have been disappointed. But I don't think it would have been quite as rewarding to me without it.

Since Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels as well as Layer Cake were already mentioned (can't believe I forgot those two) then I will add in Snatch for the trifecta.  Three truly entertaining movies from start to finish and all three had great endings.

Just saw the legendary noir B picture Detour got a 4k restoration is coming to my local theater in May. Talk about great endings. 

Disagree with the bolded.  I think it is a good movie.

bryhamm said:
Disagree with the bolded.  I think it is a good movie.
Oh, I enjoy it, and own it. But there were a few things story-wise and a few of the deliveries by Willis, Kingsley and Freeman that just kinda felt like they were mailing it in.

jhib said:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Just kidding.  I mean, I appreciate it more now, but still can't totally get over how disappointed I was as a kid, loving the movie so much but hating the ending.
Was going to post the same thing  ;)

8 Mile  -  I mean, I can give or take the rest of the movie, but I'll watch the ending every time.

The Goat said:
Andy Dufresne said:
I don't think it needed to be spelled out. And the primary emotional note was hope, not resolution. That Andy brought hope back into Red's life was the point. IMO, anyway.
I understand why you feel that way. If it had ended without seeing them reunite, I would have been disappointed.
I love the movie, and always liked the ending.

that said- I agree with andy on this one. I much prefer movies that allow room for me to think rather than spelling things out obviously. this ending was pat- in satisfying ways- but without any room for the subtlety the rest of the movie contained. 

Oh man, how could I forget the ending to Pieces.  Gotta include that.  

After searching through the apartment and discovering the jigsaw puzzle, Holden – joking to Kendall that he should join the police force – leans on a bookshelf which switches around and contains the Dean's human puzzle; a decomposing body made of the Dean's victims' body parts stitched together and donned in his mother's dress, which tears apart as the jigsaw-corpse falls on Kendall, horrifying him. Later on, a shaken Kendall leaves with Holden and just as he grabs his jacket, the jigsaw-corpse inexplicably comes to life and castrates him as he screams.

Love the Casablanca call-outs -- great story behind that movie, as not even the actors knew what the ending would be as writers were iterating and writing through production right up to the end of filming, being influenced by what was going on in the war right at that time.

Not sure I saw a call-out to my favorite movie of all time:

The Sting.

Users who are viewing this thread