What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Smashing Pumpkins song (1 Viewer)

Cherub Rock is the only one that's withstood the test of time for me.  While I used to be a SP fan back in the day, Corgan's voice grates my old man ears.  

I think Disarm is like a top 20 song all time, so I guess that’s the one. I also like Cherub Rock and Muzzle. Zero probably has the greatest guitar work. 

Cherub Rock for sure
talk about an awesome opening track for a record. Never a huge huge fan smashing pumpkins (liked a lot of other alt rock bands better back then) but did see them in concert a couple times back in the 90's, awesome shows when you were young and messed up.

This is damn near impossible. 

Cherub Rock

Drown 

Here Is No Why

first two are staples, a steady stream of about 10 other songs could make their way into the third slot. 

New track 'Silvery Sometimes' is so damn close to being great. Just missing some angsty, distortion in the chorus. 

This band and Green Day really didn't stand the test of time for me.

Loved them then, insta-skip worthy now.

Last edited by a moderator:
when you're high, every song on siamese dream becomes your favorite as soon as it comes on.

a legendary 90s album that is somehow underrated.... i'd go so far as it call it a masterpiece.

moreso than ANY album, even tho it isn't my alltime fave 90s album (but close), brings me back to me teens.

It's not a Smashing Pumpkins song but it is a Billy Corgan song, Honestly.  Was by his other band ZWAN and I love it.

Hard to narrow it down, depends on the mood.  One of my favorite bands.  Here are my top 7 in no particular order:

• Disarm
  • Landslide
  • Bullet w/ Butterfly Wings
  • Ava Adore
  • Zero
  • Cherub Rock

when you're high, every song on siamese dream becomes your favorite as soon as it comes on.

a legendary 90s album that is somehow underrated.... i'd go so far as it call it a masterpiece.

moreso than ANY album, even tho it isn't my alltime fave 90s album (but close), brings me back to me teens.
So it is the Josh Gordon of albums?

Cherub Rock is the only one that's withstood the test of time for me.  While I used to be a SP fan back in the day, Corgan's voice grates my old man ears.  
Yeah, he's tolerable because of the band. I liken him to Dave Mustaine. Both play with a great band for the genre, but their vocals... :X

EYLive said:
I hate his voice, so I hate the whole band.
His voice got progressively whinier and whinier.  Anything after Siamese Dream has been hard for me to get into. 

But the Peel Sessions /  Lull / Gish / Pisces Iscariot / Siamese Dream run was rad AF~

His voice got progressively whinier and whinier.  Anything after Siamese Dream has been hard for me to get into. 

But the Peel Sessions /  Lull / Gish / Pisces Iscariot / Siamese Dream run was rad AF~
They (The Smashing Pumpkins) were stellar. Just a great alt-rock band.

Saw them in SPFLD, MA in the nineties. It was Pearl Jam/Smashing Pumpkins/Jane's Addiction. Had to convince my friend to make Pearl Jam, actually. Bands I don't appreciate anymore, but might wind up HoF in Cleveland given how good they became and how mediocre Cleveland became.  

i like that one where it has the guitar riff that is pretty cool take that to the bank brohans 

not at all what the topic asks, but my god I wish they never wrote Tonight, Tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread