What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Value Pick In Your Rookie Draft (1 Viewer)

I'm not sure where people are drafting him at but I just drafted Zach Miller at 2.11 in a 12 team dynasty league. I thought it was a steal.

Russell at 9 after Quinn went at 8. I was trying to trade up to like 5 to get Russell.
J hill - 4.9
Dang.
i picked up hill at 4.7
Not much of a steal at that point.
I don't think anyone has started an official biggest reach threads yet but with Hill at 4.7 I think you might need to be the guy to do it.
Oddest First Round Picks

Russell at 9 after Quinn went at 8. I was trying to trade up to like 5 to get Russell.
J hill - 4.9
You didn't take him in the 3rd? If you had a pick who did you take?"I realy don't see CJ at 1.01 as being weird at all:He is widely regarded as the surest prospect in this draft to not bust, and also to be great - consistent #1 FF starter.He isn't falling below 1.03 anywhere I've heard.His ADP is probably 1.02 at worst when rounded.He is also in Detroit. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
In Z37 I got

Dwayne Jarrett at 1.11

Anthony Gonzalez at 2.01

Paul Williams at 4.01

Poszluzny at 3.01

David Harris at 4.05

Not necessarily steals but pretty good value IMO. :D

I got a lot of good deals (in my eyes) in Z63.03 27. Stanton, Drew DET QB ®3.05 29. Beason, Jon CAR LB ®3.06 30. Landry, LaRon WAS S ®4.03 39. Leonard, Brian STL RB ®4.06 42. Harris, David NYJ LB ®5.05 53. Meriweather, Brandon NEP S ®5.06 54. Weddle, Eric SDC S ®
I think Landry dropping to the 3rd is big value. He's a top prospect walking in to a great situation at SS in Washington. I'm also surprised in Stanton dropping to the 3rd, often going behind Beck. Stanton will likely start a year ahead of Beck (IMO) and has Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams, and for the time being, Mike Martz to work with. I like that a LOT more then Beck's situation.
You see the crap that Miami currently has in front of Beck as more of an impediment than Kitna in Detroit? Kitna is not All Pro but he is better than what is in Miami by a wide margin.

Just snagged Sidney Rice at 2.07 in a 12 team PPR that starts 2-3 WRs. :banned:ETA: Free agent vets were also available in this draft, but only one of them went before Rice (DJ Hackett at 2.03).
Same league, other conference I got Rice at 2.02. EBF got the bigger steal but I would have taken Rice at 1.08 or 1.09! I passed on Calvin with the 1.2 so this definately softens the blow! :shrug:

I got a lot of good deals (in my eyes) in Z63.03 27. Stanton, Drew DET QB ®3.05 29. Beason, Jon CAR LB ®3.06 30. Landry, LaRon WAS S ®4.03 39. Leonard, Brian STL RB ®4.06 42. Harris, David NYJ LB ®5.05 53. Meriweather, Brandon NEP S ®5.06 54. Weddle, Eric SDC S ®
I think Landry dropping to the 3rd is big value. He's a top prospect walking in to a great situation at SS in Washington. I'm also surprised in Stanton dropping to the 3rd, often going behind Beck. Stanton will likely start a year ahead of Beck (IMO) and has Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams, and for the time being, Mike Martz to work with. I like that a LOT more then Beck's situation.
You see the crap that Miami currently has in front of Beck as more of an impediment than Kitna in Detroit? Kitna is not All Pro but he is better than what is in Miami by a wide margin.
Actually, I think Kitna is a very solid QB. I think Beck and Stanton are pretty similar in terms of talent, or at least overall talent level.That said, I think that Trent Green will be the Dolphins starter for the next two seasons, and I think Kitna will be the Lions starter for the next one season. That puts Stanton starting sooner, with (arguably) more receiving talent around him. To get Stanton half a round after Beck strikes me as good value.

Got Michael Bush with the 15th overall pick in my Dynasty Rookie Draft.

BTW- addressing other thread interests: Irons went 12th and Brian Leonard went undrafted.

Users who are viewing this thread