What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Better democrat minority woman candidate 2020 (1 Viewer)

Its a marathon, not a sprint.

But right now, Harris has the look and feel of an American President.  This is her race to lose.

Honestly, you or I would look presidential next to Trump.  The Dems have several folks that can win - honestly, I struggle to think of somebody who would lose that is talking about running unless that Hillary talk is true.
She hasn't named an issue she is for, just ideas.  Obama doesn't win if running today, she is trying to use his playbook.

Cav - I love ya - but you have to put down the pipe.

Obama could win even if he campaigned Bird Box-style.
Yeah - you've taken this too far man.  Cav, you are making all these crazy statements with nothing to back it up.  Obama is wildly popular.

Name any non cop position she will fight for, she's a joke running a con game.
Being "Presidential" and supporting all of my issues are two separate things.

She will naturally attract women voters, minority voters, democratic voters, independent voters, and even some moderate republican voters.

She will be tested early in the Iowa caucuses - but she has a bicoastal advantage in campaigning - a natural California base, and setting up HQ in Baltimore.  I am very much of the opinion that Dems want a new voice - and she provides that.  When push comes to shove - I do not think Bernie, Biden, or least of all Clinton will be factors in the race.

Right now she has a target on her back - lets see how she weathers the summer, with Trump and other Dem candidates sniping at her.  She appears to be tough enough to handle the pressure.

Yeah - you've taken this too far man.  Cav, you are making all these crazy statements with nothing to back it up.  Obama is wildly popular.
Obama was/is popular.  You win.  But he promised hope and change and delivered as much as Trump did on a wall.  Check out economics of the poor and middle class some time guys.  

Simple question that has nothing to do with above.  Did Bill Clinton expand or shrink the social safety net?  Did his policies but more or less minorities in jail?  If you don't know the answers off the top of your head you might want to look at Obama the war monger too.

She's a cop.  Black community is not dumb.
Wanted to come back to this - can you explain how this is a factor and how it will make a difference?  First, nobody will look at her as "a cop".  Second, I'm willing to bet that most African Americans will see an AA first and women will see a woman first.  That will resonate with them - the idea that she's "a cop" and it will turn folks off seems laughable to me but maybe I'm missing something.

Now if you tell me there will be specific scandals related to the job she's done that's a different story.

Obama was/is popular.  You win.  But he promised hope and change and delivered as much as Trump did on a wall.  Check out economics of the poor and middle class some time guys.  

Simple question that has nothing to do with above.  Did Bill Clinton expand or shrink the social safety net?  Did his policies but more or less minorities in jail?  If you don't know the answers off the top of your head you might want to look at Obama the war monger too.
- Obama didn't deliver as much as he promised - I agree on that and most of his knowledgeable supporters would probably agree (I don't include myself in that group - I'm not super knowledgeable)

- Clinton was a mixed bag and some really not great stuff for minorities - especially putting them in prison - agree.

- We are talking about Harris - are you suggesting she's done the same?  Or are you just assuming she will?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to come back to this - can you explain how this is a factor and how it will make a difference?  First, nobody will look at her as "a cop".  Second, I'm willing to bet that most African Americans will see an AA first and women will see a woman first.  That will resonate with them - the idea that she's "a cop" and it will turn folks off seems laughable to me but maybe I'm missing something.

Now if you tell me there will be specific scandals related to the job she's done that's a different story.
Okay you are right, she didn't threaten too put parents in jail while letting bankers that took people's homes illegally skate.  My bad.

- Obama didn't deliver as much as he promised - I agree on that and most of his knowledable supporters would probably agree (I don't include myself in that group - I'm not super knowledabler)

- Clinton was a mixed bag and some really not great stuff for minorities - especially putting them in prison - agree.

- We are talking about Harris - are you suggesting she's done the same?  Or are you just assuming she will?
I don't like her as a presidential candidate.  After she bankers slide as DA in Cali, what Trump cabinet person donated the max to her?  It was the only Dem he donated too.

- Obama didn't deliver as much as he promised - I agree on that and most of his knowledable supporters would probably agree (I don't include myself in that group - I'm not super knowledabler)

At the least she should be for free education through college since it means so much to her, is that on her platform?

I don't like her as a presidential candidate.  After she bankers slide as DA in Cali, what Trump cabinet person donated the max to her?  It was the only Dem he donated too.
Would like to add that DAs in general pretty much max out on the opportunist scumbag scale.

Honestly, you or I would look presidential next to Trump.  The Dems have several folks that can win - honestly, I struggle to think of somebody who would lose that is talking about running unless that Hillary talk is true.
No way in hell Hillary runs again. The DNC will Bernie her.

Would like to add that DAs in general pretty much max out on the opportunist scumbag scale.
I can't speak for all.  But some feel really power entitled.  I have never been in a DA's office but I doubt the one that is gunho, doesn't last long unless they have a good DA.

Trump landslides her, if Bernie runs he get 2x more minority vote than the cop.
Like he did in 2016? Though in his defense, Hillary was a progressive darling, so he'll surely do better with minority voters facing Harris (and 20 other candidates) than he did facing Hillary one on one.  :rolleyes:

Like he did in 2016? Though in his defense, Hillary was a progressive darling, so he'll surely do better with minority voters facing Harris (and 20 other candidates) than he did facing Hillary one on one.  :rolleyes:
He did better with them against HRC, look at the numbers, ones that voted Bernie in primary sat home in GE.  

Did she win any states that Bernie did in the primary?  I don't know but for being so experienced she got got.  If Trump is the worst President ever, well, she kicked her butt as a novice.  

IC FBGCav said:
He did better with them against HRC, look at the numbers, ones that voted Bernie in primary sat home in GE.  

IC FBGCav said:
Did she win any states that Bernie did in the primary?  I don't know but for being so experienced she got got.  If Trump is the worst President ever, well, she kicked her butt as a novice.  
Your posts are so incoherent, I'm not entirely clear what you're trying to say, but for the record, Hillary won 75% of African American votes in the 2016 primary, so I don't know by what standard you could say that Bernie did "better with them against HRC" (can't find hard numbers for Latinos, but I remember her generally doing very well with them as well.)

Performance in primaries has very little correlation with the general election, but for the record, Hillary won 8 states in November where she had lost primaries or caucuses.

Finally, you seem to be saying that Hillary was a terrible candidate because she lost to Trump. I agree with that. But then, what does it say about Bernie that he lost to Hillary?

Your posts are so incoherent, I'm not entirely clear what you're trying to say, but for the record, Hillary won 75% of African American votes in the 2016 primary, so I don't know by what standard you could say that Bernie did "better with them against HRC" (can't find hard numbers for Latinos, but I remember her generally doing very well with them as well.)

Performance in primaries has very little correlation with the general election, but for the record, Hillary won 8 states in November where she had lost primaries or caucuses.

Finally, you seem to be saying that Hillary was a terrible candidate because she lost to Trump. I agree with that. But then, what does it say about Bernie that he lost to Hillary?
Lmao, so dumb.

Sources: Data are from an analysis by Public Opinion Strategies, a Republican polling firm, of all exit polls conducted during the primary season. Those surveys were conducted in 27 states (Ala., Ark., Conn., Fla., Ga., Ill., Ind., Iowa, Md., Mass., Mich., Miss., Mo., Nev., N.H., N.Y., N.C., Ohio, Okla., Pa., S.C., Tenn., Texas, Va., Vt., W.Va., Wis.).; Real Clear Politics

Lmao, so dumb.

Sources: Data are from an analysis by Public Opinion Strategies, a Republican polling firm, of all exit polls conducted during the primary season. Those surveys were conducted in 27 states (Ala., Ark., Conn., Fla., Ga., Ill., Ind., Iowa, Md., Mass., Mich., Miss., Mo., Nev., N.H., N.Y., N.C., Ohio, Okla., Pa., S.C., Tenn., Texas, Va., Vt., W.Va., Wis.).; Real Clear Politics
In your defense, I'm sure all of your posts make a ton of sense in your own mind. But here in the real world, I've already wasted too much time trying to decipher your cryptic ramblings. 

In the meantime, you know why I'm sure Bernie is going to lose in 2020? Because he still doesn't realize he lost in 2016.

In your defense, I'm sure all of your posts make a ton of sense in your own mind. But here in the real world, I've already wasted too much time trying to decipher your cryptic ramblings. 

In the meantime, you know why I'm sure Bernie is going to lose in 2020? Because he still doesn't realize he lost in 2016.
At this point Bernie isn't running.  Dumb is dumb.

IC FBGCav said:
She's a cop.  Black community is not dumb.
Obama at least had the image and seeming record of a constitutional scholar that would reform criminal justice system and drug war.  The ability to connect with Cornel West demographic.  He was a lot more sophisticated about maintaining appearances.  

Anyone with functioning blinkers can see Harris is a banker-worshipping cop.  She appeals to plastic starbucks left, not real one.  They will reject her.  Although Trump/GOP are extraordinarily unpopular, so who knows.  

Obama at least had the image and seeming record of a constitutional scholar that would reform criminal justice system and drug war.  The ability to connect with Cornel West demographic.  He was a lot more sophisticated about maintaining appearances.  

Anyone with functioning blinkers can see Harris is a banker-worshipping cop.  She appeals to plastic starbucks left, not real one.  They will reject her.  Although Trump/GOP are extraordinarily unpopular, so who knows.  
OK I'll bite: what is the "Cornel West demographic"? Because if ever anyone struck me as sui generis, it was that dude 

Users who are viewing this thread