What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Betting on Super Bowl XL winner (1 Viewer)

How much will you be betting on the SB XL winner?

• I won't be betting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Betting $1-$20, Taking Seahawks +4

• Betting $21-$49, Taking Seahawks +4

• Betting $50-$99, Taking Seahawks +4

• Betting $100-$499, Taking Seahawks +4

• Betting $500-$999, Taking Seahawks +4

• Betting $1000 or more, Taking Seahawks +4

• Betting $1-$20, Taking Steelers -4

• Betting $21-$49, Taking Steelers -4

• Betting $50-$99, Taking Steelers -4

• Betting $100-$499, Taking Steelers -4

• Betting $500-$999, Taking Steelers -4

• Betting $1000 or more, Taking Steelers -4

• Total voters

Godsbrother

Footballguy
I am wondering how many FBGs are betting on the Super Bowl and if so how much and for whom. It would also be nice that if you do intend to bet, to post it so we can either congratulate or console you after the big game.

Please only vote what you are actually going to bet, there are lots of other posts to discuss the game and whether or not the Steelers should be favored.

I was tipped out $100 from our fantatsy league winner and had him put it on the Hawks a few weeks ago. No points, but 7-1 odds. Sadly this is the first year I didn't put money down on them pre-season to win it all. I thought maybe it was some bad mojo and I'd try something different. I think they were 25-1 or something at thed time.

Interesting that 2 guys are willing to bet $1,000 or more but yet won't go on record by a post here. It's either BS or they're afraid the IRS may be lurking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was tipped out $100 from our fantatsy league winner and had him put it on the Hawks a few weeks ago. No points, but 7-1 odds. Sadly this is the first year I didn't put money down on them pre-season to win it all. I thought maybe it was some bad mojo and I'd try something different. I think they were 25-1 or something at thed time.
The preseason odds for the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl were 30-1. The Steelers had 12-1 odds in the preseaon.

I put up $50 and took the Hawks +4 with a buddy, we saved the juice :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be betting as much as I can find on The Steelers. Don't take this as an affront Seattle fans,I'm not a Steeler fan. As a bettor I see Pitt -4 as the biggest gift since Tampa got points against Oakland. I scored huge on that one and I think Pitt. is a golden bet giving only 4 points. Throw stats and the regular season out the window,the Steelers are ready to win and win big in this game. I'm not dissing Seattle's accomplishment,I just think Pitt. is the much better team going into this game,from the stand point of what they do,how they do it and their ability to adjust to their opponent. Don't be surprised if Pitt. is up by three scores in the 4th quarter. just my 2 cents.

Interesting that 2 guys are willing to bet $1,000 or more but yet won't go on record by a post here. It's either BS or they're afraid the IRS may be lurking.
Or, they just don't want to be ridiculed by the opposing team's fans.Many idiots would take it as a personal affront.

Interesting that 2 guys are willing to bet $1,000 or more but yet won't go on record by a post here.  It's either BS or they're afraid the IRS may be lurking.
Or, they just don't want to be ridiculed by the opposing team's fans.Many idiots would take it as a personal affront.
Sure but that is part of the fun here. Everyone can go on and on about why they think their team is going to win. I just wanted to see who was actually betting on the game and come here and admit to it.If you're wrong then you'll take some lumps but if you're right you can come back here and crow about your winnings.

Other: I have Pitt as 12-1 to win it all. Bet $10 in August. For what it's worth, I like Pitt -4 and I would make that bet had I not suffered such a bad postseason betting record this year.

Sure, I'll go on record with my $1,000+ bet on Seattle +4. I don't really care how many disagree with me. It's a bet, not a popularity contest.

Users who are viewing this thread