What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Biden pardons those with federal convictions for possessing marijuana (1 Viewer)

I guess it goes back to how many users are in federal prisons? It’s also an avoidance of real issues, like fentanyl.

Why would they be in a federal prison instead of a state or county jail anyway? It’s a move that doesn’t move the needle at all.
Not really sure why you can't simply say it was a good decision and move on. The redirection/undermining attempts is partisan hackery that I'm sure you despise when it's going the other way.
I’m very anti-drug.
do you think cannabis should be classified the same as heroin and other hard drugs?

You know that cannabis is just a plan that grows naturally and has been used as medicine for centuries by other cultures?
You also know that if you are in a federal prison, you are probably dealing.
Yes. Dealing a plant that should be legal. Sellers and users alike should be released from prison.

To appease the masses, I’m glad they are out and support their habits more.
If I go home and decide to smoke a bowl or a joint instead of having 2 or 3 beers, is that a habit or just recreational enjoyment?
Do anything you want in your house.
Why do you never answer any questions? Do I have a habit or not as you inferred in your original post?
I have no idea if you do.

This is where I am. It's weird to me how open and celebrated mass amounts of drinking is, and my opinion echoes yours - weed is less harmful.

Hell, there were parents drinking and tailgating at a homecoming parade at 3pm on Friday yesterday in good Ol' Wisconsin. I know a few of them, and they look down on people who do any "drugs" (I guess the alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine they doing don't count). So my life experience in our parent group in WI is having several drinks during your grade school kid's basketball tournament = normal, but me having edibles at night while watching a movie = bad.
Its all defined by what's historically legal and illegal. Fast forward 10-20 years and things will be viewed differently.
I think I also view it differently. It's the legality of it, but it's also the commonplace acceptance of it, and I for sure have a different line there compared to the WI parent group here. I don't think it's appropriate to drink at events like that, legal or not.

I think I also view it differently. It's the legality of it, but it's also the commonplace acceptance of it, and I for sure have a different line there compared to the WI parent group here. I don't think it's appropriate to drink at events like that, legal or not.
Personally I don't begrudge either example. Now if they're acting up and causing a scene, that's a different story.

Personally I don't begrudge either example. Now if they're acting up and causing a scene, that's a different story.
Oh, they were getting mouthy during a game. I realize I have a different line in that respect, just think it's interesting.

Last edited:
So if had possessed 20,000lbs of Marijuana, would I be released too?
If not you should be. Or 20,000lbs of any other plant.

I'm not a big marijuana fan to begin with but passing it off as "just another plant" is akin to passing off a Lamborghini as "just another car".

There is a difference and there should be controls around it like any other drug.
I don't think anybody has ever advocated for there to be no controls around it. It should absolutely still be criminal behavior to sell it outside of regulation and make a profit (as a policy we should want that tax revenue!), sell it to kids, drive under the influence of it, etc.

But imprisoning people for simply possessing it is an injustice. I don't think this statement is all that controversial.

In short, treat it like alcohol and a fair balance seems to be struck between the libertarian ideals of government hands off and ensuring the safety of others.
As I'm sure you know these laws were inacted to control and intimidate a certain segment of the population that prefer weed of alcohol. You're right, it is an injustice and happy it's being addressed.
WTH? No they weren't. Is this one of those Racist Boogeyman Around Every Corner posts?

Get outta' here with that baloney.

Vote grab right before elections, just like the student loan forgiveness. Talk to me when it's legal, but none of the politicians actually want that because they all get their palms greased off of the medical bs.
Can you unpack this? This is an issue I'm pretty well versed on, and I have no idea what you're talking about.
In FL they handed out the vertical integrated licenses to a handful of groups. You basically had to be politically connected to get one of the licenses.

• Thanks
Reactions: Zow
Vote grab right before elections, just like the student loan forgiveness. Talk to me when it's legal, but none of the politicians actually want that because they all get their palms greased off of the medical bs.
What a horrible take.

Why didn’t Obama do it?

Can you explain how they are getting their palms greased from the medical?
I thought it was a good take.
I mean, it's has to be common knowledge at this point the revolving door of politicians - lobbyists - working at Pharma/Military businesses right?

Can you unpack this? This is an issue I'm pretty well versed on, and I have no idea what you're talking about.
In FL they handed out the vertical integrated licenses to a handful of groups. You basically had to be politically connected to get one of the licenses.
Pot shops are every few blocks in my state in some spots. Not sure how we gave our licenses up here but they didn’t seem hard to get.

Who gave these licenses out in Florida?

What a horrible take.

Why didn’t Obama do it?

Can you explain how they are getting their palms greased from the medical?
I thought it was a good take.
He campaigned on it :shrug:

Kamala - "Because the bottom line there is nobody should have to go to jail for smoking weed."

Every time I think this administration has set the mark for being tone deaf we get another lowering of the bar. Kamala, of all people, should stay silent on this one.

Kamala - "Because the bottom line there is nobody should have to go to jail for smoking weed."

Every time I think this administration has set the mark for being tone deaf we get another lowering of the bar. Kamala, of all people, should stay silent on this one.
I'm confused on what you're saying here. Why is saying "nobody should have to go to jail for smoking weed" tone deaf and lowering the bar? I don't see that statement as being all that controversial as it matches lots of state legislation across the country from the last 10-20 years.

I'm confused on what you're saying here. Why is saying "nobody should have to go to jail for smoking weed" tone deaf and lowering the bar? I don't see that statement as being all that controversial as it matches lots of state legislation across the country from the last 10-20 years.
She was not an advocate for this when she was DA and very likely did send some people to jail for smoking weed

She was not an advocate for this when she was DA and very likely did send some people to jail for smoking weed
Ah, that makes sense. Assuming that's accurate, then I agree maybe she shouldn't be the one championing the issue.

Yep, hence the 2020 joke, Kamala Harris has the black vote locked up

Yep, hence the 2020 joke, Kamala Harris has the black vote locked up
Ouch.

Users who are viewing this thread