What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ben and his 22.6 QB Rating? (1 Viewer)

GRIDIRON ASSASSIN

Footballguy
Congrats to Steelers fans, but Big Ben's 9/21 for 123 yards, ZERO TDs and 2 INTs has to rank with the worst performances of a Super Bowl winning QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to Steelers fans, but Big Ben's 9/21 for 123 yards, ZERO TDs and 2 INTs has to rank with the worst performances of a Super Bowl winning QB.
Do you think this is going to stop them from comparing him to Brady :no:

Ben played a very shakey game. He looked tentative and his passes weren't sharp like they had been leading up to the Super Bowl. Not sure why that is, but he didn't play well at all.

He made a few mistakes and a lot of bad throws, and he made a couple nice plays.

He's still a Super Bowl winning QB, and he's a HUGE reason they got there in the first place.

Bradshaw's first victory wasn't that great, but his QB rating had to be better than Big Ben's:

Bradshaw: 9/14 for 96 yards and one TD with zero INTs

Ben played a very shakey game. He looked tentative and his passes weren't sharp like they had been leading up to the Super Bowl. Not sure why that is, but he didn't play well at all.

He made a few mistakes and a lot of bad throws, and he made a couple nice plays.

He's still a Super Bowl winning QB, and he's a HUGE reason they got there in the first place.
I'm not taking anything away from the Steelers (or their fans) but that statline has to be among the worst for a winning QB.

Yes he looked tentative, but he's now the youngest Superbowl winning QB of all time. I think the operative word is :youngest:. I think that inexperience showed, but he did manage the game quite well.

Ben played his worst game of the year tonight IMO. But that still does not change the fact that he is the MAJOR reason they were ever here in the 1st place. The D held it's own and won this game. Other guys (and Ben a few times) were able to make the big plays when they needed them most and he is SB Champion as well as the rest of the Steelers. I look forward to and hope he is a Steeler for his entire career.

He doesn't make that tackle in Indy, we're not even having this discussion and the Bus isn't all snicks and grins.

I just like knowing Super Bowl trivia, and this will definitely be a nice little nugget of knowledge.

I'm a huge Ben supporter(even thought I'm a Ravens fan, I think hes the 2nd best QB in the league behind only Brady), but I agree that he was terrible today.

QBs need to adjust to the games. Big Ben ran for a couple of crucial first downs, ran for a TD. Big Ben now has a Ring. Ben did what he had to do to win.

Take note Peyton and Vick.

He doesn't make that tackle in Indy, we're not even having this discussion and the Bus isn't all snicks and grins.

I just like knowing Super Bowl trivia, and this will definitely be a nice little nugget of knowledge.
:goodposting:

Just another Stat record broken tonight...lowest QB rating by the winning Quarterback.

Add it to the youngest QB to win a super bowl

longest RB TD

longest Interception run back

I'm a huge Ben supporter(even thought I'm a Ravens fan, I think hes the 2nd best QB in the league behind only Brady), but I agree that he was terrible today.
Palmer is better then Ben.

Yes but he is hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. :towelwave:

That is not a true statement as #84 was right behind Ben on that tackle and would have tackled the COlts ball carrier.

Bradshaw's first victory wasn't that great, but his QB rating had to be better than Big Ben's:

Bradshaw: 9/14 for 96 yards and one TD with zero INTs
That's a 108.0 passer rating. I don't think any winning QB did worse than Big Ben did today.

Ben played his worst game of the year tonight IMO.  But that still does not change the fact that he is the MAJOR reason they were ever here in the 1st place.  The D held it's own and won this game.  Other guys (and Ben a few times) were able to make the big plays when they needed them most and he is SB Champion as well as the rest of the Steelers.  I look forward to and hope he is a Steeler for his entire career.
Agree on all points. I don't see how you can say Ben didn't earn his rings. He was the catalyst on offense in the other three games.Other players on offense had games where we were much less of a factor. Hines Ward was quiet in the Indy game, but huge in the Super Bowl. Parker did very little except for the Super Bowl. Randle El did not factor much in Denver.

On defense, Polamalu wasn't nearly as involved in impact plays tonight. Same for Porter. (And you can keep going on down the line comparing the games.)

Bottom line: The Steelers won the Super Bowl because through four playoff games, they had the best collective team effort. Their performance was better than the sum of their parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved every bad throw that came flopping off his drunken arm. It's a damn shame they won despite his effort to give the game away to the Seahawks.

I just want to clarify that I'm not being CRITICAL of Big Ben.

He's the youngest Super Bowl champion starting QB ever.

Pitt has one for the thumb...

...and other than us Super Bowl Stat/Trivia Geeks, nobody really gives a crap about his 22.6 QB rating.

Yes he looked tentative, but he's now the youngest Superbowl winning QB of all time. I think the operative word is :youngest:. I think that inexperience showed, but he did manage the game quite well.
He managed the game well? HOW? :confused: If you're going to talk about game management... the INT near the end zone was a play that pretty much defines poor game management. He threw a very dangerous pass to a bad spot on the field. In that situation, you need to make a low-risk pass - if you can't find one, throw the ball away or maybe run with it.

Why must people insist on calling a QB who plays poorly a good game manager just because his team wins? Roethlisberger did not play well. He didn't throw the ball well, he didn't manage the game well, he didn't do much of anything well.

A quarterback can play like crap and his team can still win a football game. There's no need to rationalize on Ben's behalf. He's had a very good season and his team is a champion.

Uh, let's remember that the guy is 23 years old. He played MUCH better in the playoffs this year than last. Yeah, he had a rough SB, but if he continues to improve the way he did from last year to this year, chances are he'll have another shot or two at improving his SB stats.

Ben is the most over rated player in the NFL since Jason Sehorn...
Yeah, because his 98.6 passer rating in the regular season and 124.8 rating in the 3 playoff games wasn't at all impressive. :rolleyes: :bye:

Who's wearing the ring?

I am sorry if your team passed on him. I am sorry if you believe he is just a cog. You know what I feel like a million bucks right now and the Lombardi trophy is going where it belongs. To know that the Steelers have Big Ben and Cowher on lock for years to come I'm not going to bed saying wait until next year. Sorry Brownies. :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Haven't read the thread. Just here to say:

No doubt, Big Ben played his worst game of the year. Many kudos to the Seattle D. But to me, this proves that the Steelers team is a TEAM. This win goes to all of them.

I dont give a #### who managed the game. We got one for the thumb. And if one more person says that Indy would be there if not for Ben, Im going to rip your ####ing head off and #### down your neck. Just like you Cinci #####ies would be there if Plamer didnt go down. :cry: :cry:
You're in a pretty bad mood for someone whose team just won the super bowl.Go drink something for chrissakes.

Who's wearing the ring?

I am sorry if your team passed on him. I am sorry if you believe he is just a cog. You know what I feel like a million bucks right now and the Lombardi trophy is going where it belongs. To know that the Steelers have Big Ben and Cowher on lock for years to come I'm not going to bed saying wait until next year. Sorry Brownies. :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:
uhhhhh.... ya dude, I agree............ :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

I dont give a #### who managed the game. We got one for the thumb.  And if one more person says that Indy would be there if not for Ben, Im going to rip your ####ing head off and #### down your neck. Just like you Cinci #####ies would be there if Plamer didnt go down.    :cry:   :cry:
You're in a pretty bad mood for someone whose team just won the super bowl.Go drink something for chrissakes.
:goodposting: Honestly. If the Lions were to win the Super Bowl, I would be partying like there's no tomorrow... and there probably wouldn't be, because a Lions title is a sure sign of the apocalypse.

Surely you have something better to do than act like a complete tool on an internet message board.

Pittsburg won inspite of Big Ben.

LOL to all these people that will proclaim him to be among the elite Qb's because of his SB performance.

LOL to all these people that will proclaim him to be among the elite Qb's because of his SB performance.
He's among the elite QBs despite his SB performance. Ben carried this offense into the SB, that is undeniable.

Last edited:
Ben choked in the big game.

Has Peyton ever had that kind of game, or rating, in any of his playoff chokes.
Does Peyton have a ring?

He's among the elite QBs despite his SB performance. Ben carried this offense into the SB, that is undeniable.
Ahhh... I knew this was going to happen, if Big Ben has an awesome game in the superbowl non stop praise, if he has a bad game non stop excuses. Big Ben is a good QB, but for those claiming he's in the top 3 with manning and brady are nuts, and this game proves it.

Ahhh... I knew this was going to happen, if Big Ben has an awesome game in the superbowl non stop praise, if he has a bad game non stop excuses. Big Ben is a good QB, but for those claiming he's in the top 3 with manning and brady are nuts, and this game proves it.
Well, I don't believe I ever claimed he was top 3. But the last time I checked, the main reason for playing a team sport was to win a championship. And at the age of 23, Ben already has one. And he's a big reason that it happened.

Ben choked in the big game.

Has Peyton ever had that kind of game, or rating, in any of his playoff chokes.
Does Peyton have a ring?
Does Peyton have a defense that can carry the team? Is Peyton just expected to not make mistakes and let the running game take over? I just find it funny that all those people that were proclaiming Big Ben to be the next big thing will forget this abysmal performance and only remember that he won a Superbowl.

Here's a newsflash:

Trent Dilfer did more to help the Baltimore Ravens win their Superbowl than Ben did to win Pittsburghs.

Users who are viewing this thread