What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bills DST Droppable? (1 Viewer)

1320kid

Footballguy
I have rostered the Bills DST and started them for all but this week and another week before that. They have been riddled by injuries and they just look lost right now. To say they've been underwhelming is an understatement.

Available in my league are the Steelers and the Lions. Here are the remaining schedules for each:

BUF Plays DEN NYJ PHI Bye KC DAL LAC NE
PIT Plays GB CLE CIN AZ NE IND CIN SEA
DET Plays LAC CHI GB NO CHI DEN MIN DAL

Outside of the next game against Denver, the Bill schedule looks tough. Add in the recent lackluster performances and I think they are droppable no?

I am seriously considering the Lions for the rest of the year based on performance so far plus remaining schedule. The have pretty much the same sacks/INTs as PIT to this point as well.

Who would everyone pick up the rest of the way? PIT, DET, or stay with BUF?

Yes I can. Outside the AZ game, what other matchups look better in paper for PIT over DET?

Edit, the week 17 game, provided I get to the final round, SEA would be preferred over DAL as an opponent.

Last edited:
In general, all DST are droppable as they are typically very easily replaced week to week. But without knowing how they are scoring compared to the options on the WW you cannot really answer whether or not they should be dropped.

Are Det and Pit scoring better than Buf? If so, drop them and pick up one or both of those other DST.

I disagree that each D is droppable week to week. All my prior championships (3 since 2010) have been won with a solid DST throughout the year.

Also, I think league to league it varies. All the guys in this league I am in currently roster the same DST more or less since the draft/week 1. That means the WW is full of weak teams like CAR, NYG, Etc.

A good, consistent DST is more valuable than trying to guess each week imo!

But as always appreciate the insight Gally. Looking at the trends, Buffalo is going the wrong direction. PIT seems volatile, DET just caught my eye because the rest of their matchups and surprisingly decent past results this year.

I’m even wondering if they are startable against Denver this week or I should I drop them now.. them against DEN or PIT against GB would be the choice.

Depending on your scoring parameters I would go with PItt. They will get more sacks and likely more turnovers.

1 point for a sack 2 for int and fumble recovery. Thanks for the input!
Seems like defense is an afterthought unless there are other scoring parameters. Almost not worth the effort on them. Most games they probably get 5-10 pts at best.

That was a half assed response on my part. Full DST scoring breakdown:

DST TD 6
0 Points allowed 10
1-6 Points allowed 7
7-13 Points allowed 4
14-20 Points allowed 1
21-27 PA 0
28-34 PA -1
35+ PA -4
Sacks 1
INT 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Forced Fumble 1
Blocked Kick 2
Safety 2

I am playing the Bills at home in a potential big bounce back spot against Denver.

Other options I’m playing them over:
Chicago
Tampa
Cinci
GB

I am playing the Bills at home in a potential big bounce back spot against Denver.

Other options I’m playing them over:
Chicago
Tampa
Cinci
GB

I am leaning starting them one last time this week. After that you have NYJ PHI Bye KC DAL LAC NE. Those are 4 hard passes, and 2 could go either way imo.

If they perform against Denver, I am definitely keeping them in against the Jets (one of the main reasons I’m putting my faith in them this week lol)

That’s one of the two iffy matchups I was talking about, the Jets and NE. Could lay a dud like week 1 but who knows. I do know I’d rather roll DET against CHI next week over BUF against NY though!

Users who are viewing this thread