What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bills sign J Reed to a 4-year $10mm deal (1 Viewer)

Haggan and Reed Agree to Terms with Bills

3/17/2006

The Buffalo Bills agreed to terms with restricted free-agent linebacker Mario Haggan and unrestricted free-agent wide receiver Josh Reed. Reed signed a four-year deal for $10 million, with a $2 million signing bonus, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports.

Haggan was a seventh-round pick in 2003 and was a highly regarded member of Buffalo's special-teams unit. Haggan led the Bills with 25 special-teams tackles in 2005. Haggan played in all 32 games in the 2004 and 2005 seasons.

In 2005, Reed was one of two Buffalo Bills to catch a pass in all 16 games. Reed registered 32 receptions for 449 yards and two touchdowns in 2005.

http://sports.espn.go.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the end of Moulds. That's alot of money for a #3 WR (cept for the 'Skins). Didn't they draft Lee Evans because Reed underperformed when given the chance to be a #2, and even a #1 when Moulds was injured that one year?

I'm surprised by this. I got the impression they had little interest in him. Reed got a decent contract for a guy who looked like an afterthought.

Trying to read the tea leaves here, wondering if this dings Roscoe a bit, mostly from a dynasty perspective. Will Roscoe settle into a Daunte Hall type role?

Personally, I do not have Roscoe categorized as a 2006 sleeper, but I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I'm surprised by this. I got the impression they had little interest in him. Reed got a decent contract for a guy who looked like an afterthought.
Considering he was used a a #3 WR last year, combined with the ugly offensive situation he was in...32 rec for 449 yds isn't that bad. Most Bills fans hate the guy but I watch every Bills game and I still think the guy can play...especially when a clutch first down is needed.

Considering he was used a a #3 WR last year, combined with the ugly offensive situation he was in...32 rec for 449 yds isn't that bad. Most Bills fans hate the guy but I watch every Bills game and I still think the guy can play...especially when a clutch first down is needed.
Schooner, as a Bills homer who do you think starts alongside Evans assuming Moulds is gone: Parrish, Davis, Reed, other?

Schooner, as a Bills homer who do you think starts alongside Evans assuming Moulds is gone: Parrish, Davis, Reed, other?
Reed is the #2 if Moulds leaves and I'll take criticism for saying this but I'll explain. Reed's best attributes are his knowledge of where the first down marker and his willingness to go over the middle. When the Bills drafted him, he was often compared to Andre Reed for these very reasons. I think he still has the talent to become a solid starter. Bills fans need to remember hoiw much they called for Moulds' head after a couple seasons. Look at the stats below from the first 2 seasons from Moulds and ReedReed

| 2002 buf | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 37 514 13.9 2

| 2003 buf | 16 | 3 38 12.7 0 | 58 588 10.1 2

Moulds

1996 buf | 16 | 12 44 3.7 0 | 20 279 13.9 2

1997 buf | 16 | 4 59 14.8 0 | 29 294 10.1 0

The 3rd and 4th year is where the differences are drawn. In Moulds' 3rd year he had Flutie as QB and a solid running game & O-line. Reed's 3rd year was marred by disappointment due to a horrible O-line coupled with an non-mobile QB (Bledsoe) meant limited opportunities for Reed. Give him a solid O-line/running game/QB and I beleive we will see this kid flourish in a hurry.

With that being said--I don't think Mould be wearing anything but a Bills jersey next year. After seing all the other contracts being give, I thnk Levy will realize that Moulds is well worth his $7 contract for this year with $10 cap him.

Roscoe Parrish is just a smallish PR/KR who will play on specific WR sets. Reed looks to be the 2nd or 3rd WR behind Evans.

I also expect Buffalo to go after a free agent or rookie WR to compete for starting time.

Terrible, terrible signing. Marv Levy clearly doesn't know what he's doing and you can expect the Bills to underachieve under his era. Knock every Bills player down a notch. Giving 10 million to an underachieving #3 WR is the sign of a terrible franchise. Bye-bye Buffalo Bills...I will stay away from your players and pick your team to suck until you prove me round.

10 million dollars to Josh Freaking Reed.

Josh Reed is terrible and he's slow. Isn't he like a 4.6 guy and he has the body type to be a 4.3 guy.

Terrible, terrible signing. Marv Levy clearly doesn't know what he's doing and you can expect the Bills to underachieve under his era. Knock every Bills player down a notch. Giving 10 million to an underachieving #3 WR is the sign of a terrible franchise. Bye-bye Buffalo Bills...I will stay away from your players and pick your team to suck until you prove me round.

10 million dollars to Josh Freaking Reed.
Andre Davis doesn't intrigue you?

Roscoe Parrish is just a smallish PR/KR who will play on specific WR sets. Reed looks to be the 2nd or 3rd WR behind Evans.

I also expect Buffalo to go after a free agent or rookie WR to compete for starting time.
Yeah, there's that guy Andre Davis. I agree though, there's no way in hell Josh Reed deserves that kind of $. He's a decent WR3 I guess, but I would've rather seen him out of Buffalo. As long as he CATCHES THE DAMN BALL I can live with him.

Bills | Reed was considering Carolina

Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:57:11 -0800

Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills WR Josh Reed was giving consideration to signing with the Carolina Panthers before he re-signed with the Bills. "Mr. (general manager Marv) Levy, head coach (****) Jauron and Josh's receivers coach Tyke Tolbert called and reassured him they were going to have a different offense, and with (offensive coordinator) Steve Fairchild coming over from the Rams, he would have a legit chance to step up and be far more productive."

Panthers | Reed was considering Carolina

Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:52:47 -0800

Allen Wilson, of the Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills WR Josh Reed was giving consideration to signing with the Carolina Panthers before he re-signed with the Bills. "He had a great visit with Carolina," said Reed's agent, Ben Dogra. "They're a first-class organization with great people and they were obviously very interested in getting him. I just think that based on the city and the team he has been with he certainly had a stronger comfort level there just being familiar with everything."

I'm surprised by this.  I got the impression they had little interest in him.  Reed got a decent contract for a guy who looked like an afterthought.
Time to stop drinking the brown pops and staring at the Jills when they bend over pal. Reed's numbers might be weak but he's had more than his chances to show his talent. He's slow, is supposed to be a possession type of receiver yet he drops waay too many balls to be considered a starter. The only play I can think of they he made me go wow over his entire career was the catch and run for a score against the Broncos late in the game last year. So in other words when the pressure is on we can count on Reed not making the play. You might expect that from a 1st year guy but this was what his 4th year?

Users who are viewing this thread