What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black Friday deals (1 Viewer)

Purchased this.

I don't expect a $200 kinfe. But should be as good or better then my other $40 knife.

Deal of the day: HENCKELS Classic Razor-Sharp 8-inch Chef's Knife, German Engineered Informed by 100+ Years of Mastery https://a.co/d/0GOIOgB

:blackdot:
In the market for a 65” OLED TV
This one looks like a good deal. I bought an older model back in 2018 for 2x that price :lol:

Have really enjoyed the OLED experience though.

My TV is dying and it seems like this would be a good time to buy a new one, but I'm just stumped as to the differences. Mine is about four years old and a 65" Samsung. I know technology has advanced significantly since then, but no idea what is good or not. I'm a Costco member so interested in this, but...I have no idea.

This one looks like a good deal. I bought an older model back in 2018 for 2x that price :lol:

My TV is dying and it seems like this would be a good time to buy a new one, but I'm just stumped as to the differences. Mine is about four years old and a 65" Samsung. I know technology has advanced significantly since then, but no idea what is good or not. I'm a Costco member so interested in this, but...I have no idea.
OLED screens are different because each of the pixels produce their own light whereas normal LEDs use a backlight to light the pixels. As a result, OLEDs can produce a truer black. Dark shows like Ozark or the Expanse just look fantastic. Sports in a bright room, LED is probably better. I use it in my front room that gets little sun over the fireplace :thumbup:

OLED screens are different because each of the pixels produce their own light whereas normal LEDs use a backlight to light the pixels. As a result, OLEDs can produce a truer black. Dark shows like Ozark or the Expanse just look fantastic. Sports in a bright room, LED is probably better. I use it in my front room that gets little sun over the fireplace :thumbup:

That's so helpful! Thanks.

My current tv is LG and has lasted 10 years, so was leaning to stay with the brand. Trying to determine if the step up from the A2 to B2 or C2 models is worth it. Looks like it’s a $400 jump each level.

If anyone stumbles across a good deal on an 80+" OLED, please let me know. The cheapest I've seen in the LG 83" for around $3700

It's interesting... most years, there's some new thing that everyone wants - GoPro, air fryer, drone, etc. I don't think there's anything like that this year.

It's interesting... most years, there's some new thing that everyone wants - GoPro, air fryer, drone, etc. I don't think there's anything like that this year.
It does seem that way. The smokeless fire pits are popular and pizza ovens.

Would be nice if folks wanted to discount the next gen consoles but supply is still limited.

Wanted to update my wifi.
Just got this
Asus zen wifi 6 tri-band
Sold by Amazon for $349 which was a good deal. Now see on Amazon from another seller for $340.

Edit - mine is arriving this weekend. Will probably set it up tomorrow.

Does anyone know of any good deals on a basic laptop? Had not planned to shop for one but apparently my hard drive is about to go. Started getting pop-up bad boot segment messages today. With Cyber Monday being tomorrow, I don't know that I'll have time to research. I do basic web searches and browsing, a few spreadsheets here and there, Turbo Tax once a year. No gaming or anything like that . Hoping perhaps a fellow FBG or two have been looking already? Thanks...

Any TV deals?
Samsung is having some good TV deals. Just started getting a white spot on my old 60” LED so just upgraded to a 65”
Where please? Our bedroom TV went out about two weeks ago and have been holding off for a good deal.
Samsung.com
Thanks.

Obviously this isn’t directed at you- Their website is pretty awful to navigate.
No argument here. Fwiw, I ended up getting mine from Amazon. Price was the same.

And Amazon loves to show me things I didn't know I needed like this bad boy:
FLIR ONE Pro - iOS - Professional Grade Thermal Camera for Smartphones
can't pull the trigger right now on that, but definitely on my toy wish list

This kind of stuff is like catnip for me. I wish I wouldn't have seen this.
:lol: sorry, GB! I don't even know why it was on my Amazon page. I haven't looked at anything like that or browsed for much of anything recently. It was just a sign from the universe.

:lol: sorry, GB! I don't even know why it was on my Amazon page. I haven't looked at anything like that or browsed for much of anything recently. It was just a sign from the universe.

Check out the photos in the reviews of what people are doing with it. That said, still staying strong ... holding out. Will .... not .... buy .....

My first Black Friday purchase of the year. Been wanting to get some decent patio furniture for a long time. Had eyed this set last year and almost pulled the trigger. Quite a few pieces for the price. Hopefully it's decent quality.

Sophia & William 8 Pieces Outdoor Patio Furniture Set with 45-Inch 50,000BTU Fire Pit Table Rattan Sectional Sofa Patio Conversation Set with 6 Navy Blue Seat Cushions & 1 Tempered Glass Table https://a.co/d/4Ez7C8S

I bought madden for $29 - plus I had a $10 credit from before..... I haven't bought one in a couple years so figure for $20 it can't be too bad,

This was on Amazon

I saw the FLIR stuff too - I almost sprung for the Smartphone version, but I stopped because I was concerned about apple's switch from Lightning to USBC connectors. I don't want to get one now and have it not work with my next phone in a few years. I've been geeking out over a FLIR though so I can easily find hot/cold spots in our house and work to remedy them to cut down on energy bills.

I bought 100 ft Govee permanent outdoor lights. 35% off. (in 🇨🇦 , but I'm sure there is a similar deal down there) Going to install in the spring when it's warmer. Been looking at these for a while. Expensive but I deserve a nice Christmas present. 🎁

Does anyone know of any good deals on a basic laptop? Had not planned to shop for one but apparently my hard drive is about to go. Started getting pop-up bad boot segment messages today. With Cyber Monday being tomorrow, I don't know that I'll have time to research. I do basic web searches and browsing, a few spreadsheets here and there, Turbo Tax once a year. No gaming or anything like that . Hoping perhaps a fellow FBG or two have been looking already? Thanks...

So... mini-PC. Might not be for you if you need a true laptop with a built in screen, etc. But in case it helps you, or anyone else... I had a laptop die which I'd just been using to power a monitor and wireless keyboard in the living room, for the same kind of purposes as you. I ended up going with a mini-PC whose components ended up being better than I could find in most laptops or even small towers at the same price. $630 on Amazon. Goes for $800 normally.

MINISFORUM Venus UM790 Pro Mini PC. AMD Ryzen 9 7940HS up to 5.2 GHz. 32 GB DDR5. 1TB SSD with AMD Radeon 780M. 4X USB3.2. 2X USB4, 2xHDMI 2.1, 2X PCIe4.0, Wi-Fi 6E/BT5.3. RJ45 2.5 G

It's very quiet, the processor is a laptop one about equal to what an i5-12600K in a tower. It has two USB4 plugs which can do 40Gb/s transfer or 8k@60hz, so could drive four 4K monitors if you wanted. It won't be the best for high end gaming since it has integrated graphics, but then I'll go game on my desktop. Very small case.

Amazon mentions it's an often-returned item. They had a bad hardware batch the middle of the year which I believe is probably the cause of that. Reddit overwhelming preferred this one over another manufacturer I was considering who had nearly identical hardware. But this one has better cooling.

I'm also on the laptop train. Need one for the basics (MS Office / YouTube TV / YouTube). Don't need it for gaming or video editing or anything crazy.

If you see one good enough to raise your eyebrows, please post.

Time to put the brick I'm using out to pasture.

I'm also on the laptop train. Need one for the basics (MS Office / YouTube TV / YouTube). Don't need it for gaming or video editing or anything crazy.

Literally any laptop released in the past decade can do that
Can't hurt to get a great price though
Slickdeals has a bunch of these listed - lots of laptops on sale. I bought one kid (adult kid) a Yoga 2 in 1 from BB. $550, which is a pretty good deal for a machine that folds into tablet mode and has a touchscreen and can also do all the rest.

True, but it would be useful to indicate other features that would be useful to you - is battery life important? Weight? Screen size? Needing large amounts of storage for downloads? That'd at least narrow things down a touch.

True, but it would be useful to indicate other features that would be useful to you - is battery life important? Weight? Screen size? Needing large amounts of storage for downloads? That'd at least narrow things down a touch.
Why not just a chromebook, no?

Fair enough. Battery Life is unimportant. It should always be plugged in. Prefer it to be less than 10 pounds. A good size screen would be nice for when I travel, but 98% of the time it would be plugged into my huge monitor. Wouldn't need long term storage, I use a San Disk to back things up. Like most old guys, I'm just looking for a powerful streamer.

My current laptop is just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. If you've never had a slow laptop, trust me, it's annoying AF.

Why not just a chromebook, no?
I need it to do basic MS Office applications, and store small files. I use Word and Excel for small projects (small enough to fit on a 3.5 floppy). Not sure if a Chromebook can do that.

Edit to add: Seems close to what I want, especially if there are some "office-like" apps out there to substitute for Word and Excel, but I'm not really comfortable with uploading my files to the cloud.

So if anyone sees a good laptop or chromebook deal out there for Black Friday, holla back at your boy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread