What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blizzard Warning in Los Angeles County (2 Viewers)

Terpman22

Footballguy
Seems pretty typical and normal for this time of year. Interesting to see what the Grapevine looks like and the post storm carnage out here. Anyone else out here ready to rumble in the snow?

Saw a weather alert, warning for 4 - 8 FEET of snow in LA. Sure, sure, 'higher elevations', but, never seen anything close to that before.

:lmao:

**** shuts down here with an inch of snow. I can't imagine the vapor lock in LA with a foot of snow.

It's already back to being sunny in West L.A. :shades:
High desert was supposed to get a bunch of snow overnight but haven't heard from my colleagues living out there.

It's already back to being sunny in West L.A. :shades:
High desert was supposed to get a bunch of snow overnight but haven't heard from my colleagues living out there.
How about now haha. A lot of parts of the freeways are under 1-2 feet of water. The Grapevine is/was whited out and shut down this morning. Can't imagine the craziness of the psychos that still went up to the mountains for skiing and snowboarding. Easily the biggest rain storm I have seen in SoCal since I got based out here in '99. Lot of downed trees, but power is still good, no reported landslides...yet from what I can tell.

Current active warnings: blizzard, thunderstorm, high wind, hail, flash flood, and tornado

Nothing too crazy for us down in LBC, just some downed trees and the like. Those people that went up to the mountains might be stuck up there for a minute.

The mudslides are starting. Nothing crazy yet, but I would expect a few more bigger ones this week with more rain in the forecast. LA just ain't built for water haha.

Sitting in LAX waiting for a connecting flight. Hilarious to see people decked out in full Winter garb walking around the airport. Big boots, coats, etc.

Nothing too crazy for us down in LBC, just some downed trees and the like. Those people that went up to the mountains might be stuck up there for a minute.
Power was out for a few hours, but Spectrum internet was down until this morning. I'm so over this moisture. o_O

my directv signal has been subpar for three days. they're lucky its past football season, or else i'd be on the phone giving them a piece of my mind. spectrum internet here in the valley hasn't been out as far as I know except the brief couple hours when we had the power outage couple days ago.

I was in San Marcos (northern San Diego County) on Wednesday and it was chilly and windy, but no precipitation. Read on a friend's Facebook feed that it was mega-hailing just 20 minutes south in San Diego proper.

This weekend at one point, it was basically sunny with some light rain in Huntington Beach... got a text from my mom in the neighboring city Costa Mesa that it was straight-up hailing for a good 5 minutes.

I was in San Marcos (northern San Diego County) on Wednesday and it was chilly and windy, but no precipitation. Read on a friend's Facebook feed that it was mega-hailing just 20 minutes south in San Diego proper.

This weekend at one point, it was basically sunny with some light rain in Huntington Beach... got a text from my mom in the neighboring city Costa Mesa that it was straight-up hailing for a good 5 minutes.
heading to san diego friday and san marcos on saturday, hoping the current forecast holds true :unsure:

White flaky stuff, not quite hail, not quite snow, falling in Burbank. Tiny little snowballs, bounce when they hit the ground. The amateur meteorologist in the office claims it's 'graupel'.

White flaky stuff, not quite hail, not quite snow, falling in Burbank. Tiny little snowballs, bounce when they hit the ground. The amateur meteorologist in the office claims it's 'graupel'.
My wife said this was happening in Huntington Beach about 30 minutes ago. The sky in northern OC (like Fullerton/Brea) was completely black at about 2pm. I imagine it was downpouring up there (I'm in Irvine).

People up in the mountains are really screwed a bit. Me and my wife got married up in Lake Arrowhead, and besides the fact a lot of those roads are still unplowed, the only local grocery store (who some people are having to hike to) had its roof cave in due to all the snow. Went on a run yesterday and its wild to see literally every mountaintop in the surrounding area just covered in snow. Sinkholes are swallowing cars in some spots, and if you live here, you know these roads are already trash. Wild times.

Central Sierra Snow Lab near Donner Pass reports so far this winter, we've had 48 feet of snow. 12 feet in just the last two weeks. More precipitation expected over the next two weeks. Prepare for rain to melt the snow pack and cause flooding.

Jus arrived in Santa Rosa yesterday for several days of wine tasting in the Russian River. Looks like tomorrow thru Sat are a wash out with high rains/flooding.

Everyone is getting "better get ready" warning for this weekend. I'll be in Houston all next week to miss the fun!

Jus arrived in Santa Rosa yesterday for several days of wine tasting in the Russian River. Looks like tomorrow thru Sat are a wash out with high rains/flooding.
that sucks, graton in rohnert park is just south of you if you fancy some gambling. I’m just south in marin and it’s supposed to be a wild 48 hours starting tomorrow morning.

Friday's supposed to get pretty wet down here in SoCal. Nothing compared to our NorCal neighbors from what I've heard though. I won't leave the house come Friday, except to drop my kiddos off at school.

Felt like a hurricane at times last night. Palms bending so hard I thought they’d break, house sounding like we were inside a vacuum, big curbside trash cans floating down the flooding street. Was nuts.

Raining again here in Irvine near the airport. This simply just doesn't feel like SoCal these past few weeks. I feel bad for my son, who's just started playing flag football.... the fields have been too saturated to play on the past two Fridays. We'll probably see a cancellation again this week, too.

Raining again here in Irvine near the airport. This simply just doesn't feel like SoCal these past few weeks. I feel bad for my son, who's just started playing flag football.... the fields have been too saturated to play on the past two Fridays. We'll probably see a cancellation again this week, too.
Go out with him in the rain/mud and have fun. The BEST days to play football

We're in Thousand Oaks and hail + a tornado warning last night. Another monsoon today. And every time you think it's going to pass another storm looms. They are just stacking up. Mammoth broke the all-time record for base with last night's storm. They just sent an email - slopes will be open at least through July. In California. It isn't all roses. Homes are getting buried in Mammoth. Roofs collapsing, walls cracking. A bunch have been red tagged. Imagine owning a vacation home, have it get red tagged, can't inhabit but guess what you still owe the full mortgage on it.

Go out with him in the rain/mud and have fun. The BEST days to play football
Unfortunately we're at the mercy of Matt Leinart's football league managers. We'll get a practice in tomorrow, mud or not.

You know it's bad when you get an email on Tuesday letting you know Santa Anita is canceling horse racing for Friday

I don't live out there and feel bad for those affected but is this good for the droughts?

Eh, probably not. Seems like it would be but I always hear stuff like "no resources to save the rain that is falling" or "not falling where it's needed to run off into the reservoirs, but uselessly out into the ocean" or something like that.

Same for my daughter (8) and softball. So far every practice has been canceled and 50% of the games. Unfortunately the games she has played effectively end up being practice as the team is never together learning. Sucks.

I don't live out there and feel bad for those affected but is this good for the droughts?
It will help for sure, there’s no denying it, but not to the degree it should Considering the amount it’s rained. So much lost to run off.

Users who are viewing this thread