What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blocking Your Opponent - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Thoughts?

• Total voters
bigger crime here is letting GMs grab people off the waiver wire IN THE PLAYOFFS!

at some point, you gotta dance with who brung ya. so close waivers after week 13 for leagues ending on week 17, close it on week 10 for those ending on week 14. or even Thanksgiving.
like shooting fish in a barrel when there are only two teams picking off waivers in week 17 for the title game, and one has the first dibs on the wire. so ridiculous to allow this.
I’m only in dynasty leagues. No.

Any full season league that hasn't already crowned a champion is flawed IMO. And imagine you were playing for title last week with no contest game...although that is obviously the right call I would have to call a title game no contest if I was a commisioner and either team had an affected player...sorry if off topic.

bigger crime here is letting GMs grab people off the waiver wire IN THE PLAYOFFS!

at some point, you gotta dance with who brung ya. so close waivers after week 13 for leagues ending on week 17, close it on week 10 for those ending on week 14. or even Thanksgiving.
like shooting fish in a barrel when there are only two teams picking off waivers in week 17 for the title game, and one has the first dibs on the wire. so ridiculous to allow this.
We used to do this until teams weren't able to submit a lineup because of injuries

We used to do this until teams weren't able to submit a lineup because of injuries
Add in the new concussion protocol and yeah, we'll be adding some kind of waivers through the playoffs next season.

I’m only in dynasty leagues. No.
We basically had this rule in a dynasty league I was in, no waivers after the regular season which was week 13 at the time. The commissioner stepped down and the first order of business was doing the league voting to get rid of that rule.

And fwiw in FFPC redraft leagues their rules are just the 4 teams in the leagues playoffs, which run weeks 13-14, can participate in waivers which then end prior to kickoff of Sunday in week 14. I love it, my favorite waiver time of the year, whole new set of strategy related decisions.

You're in the finals & your opponent has Derrick Henry.
You drop a player so you can pick up Hassan Haskins to block your opponent.
Thoughts?
This is fine.

However, if the opponent's kicker is hurt and you run through all the FA kickers to add/drop them so he doesn't have a viable kicker - something like that would be bad.

You're in the finals & your opponent has Derrick Henry.
You drop a player so you can pick up Hassan Haskins to block your opponent.
Thoughts?
This is fine.

However, if the opponent's kicker is hurt and you run through all the FA kickers to add/drop them so he doesn't have a viable kicker - something like that would be bad.
I thought that has already been discussed and determined that is bad and frowned upon in every league (almost). In one league where dropped players go on waivers until the next waiver run, we have a rule that if a player is picked up and dropped within the same waiver week, then that player is considered a FA.

Last edited:

We had this rule. You can pick up players, but then you must play them.

Strongly disagree. Even NFL teams have a pool of players they can sign and bring in even as late as the Super Bowl. You can't account for every injury or combination of injuries weeks in advance unless you have massive rosters...in which case there's nothing on waivers anyway.

I DO believe waivers should be closed to anyone NOT already in the playoffs
If that's the case, then don't have consolation brackets. If I have a game to play, I want to win it. Why shouldn't I have access to players? If my game doesn't mean anything because I'm not in the playoffs, I totally understand that line of thinking. Just don't have a consolation bracket and don't bother giving me a game to play.

Any full season league that hasn't already crowned a champion is flawed IMO. And imagine you were playing for title last week with no contest game...although that is obviously the right call I would have to call a title game no contest if I was a commisioner and either team had an affected player...sorry if off topic.
I'd rather be fair and accurate that fast. Who cares if they're going to decide it with week 18 stats, or playoff stats? What's the rush?

Users who are viewing this thread