What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bold Predictions for 2022 (1 Viewer)

Dr. Octopus

Footballguy
Let's see your Top 10 Bold Predictions (weak consensus takes need not apply)

1. Patrick Mahomes doesn't skip a beat without Tyreke Hill, but Hill fails to crack the Top 20 WRs in Miami
2. Breece Hall - offensive rookie of the year, making the Michael Carter as RB1 talk look silly
3. Baltimore Ravens get the top seed in a stacked AFC, while Super Bowl runner-up Cincinnati does not make the playoffs
4. Geno Smith far exceeds expectations and flirts with QB1 (top 12) status as the Seahawks play from behind most of the season.
5. Kenneth Gainwell nearly doubles Miles Sanders in fantasy points.
6. JuJu Smith-Shuster leads KC in targets (narrowly over Kelce) and flirts with 100 receptions on the season
7. Isaaih Pacheco is the most valuable fantasy RB in KC and finishes in the RB25-30 range.
8. Isaaih Spiller leads the Chargers in rushing yards and TDs.
9. Albert O is closer to Top 5 TEs than he is to Top 15 TEs - meaning he finishes at least Top 10.
10. Jimmy Garrapolo starts more games than Trey Lance - who looks like one of the worst passers in the league.

Idk if I have that many but I'll list some

1. Lance finishes top 3 QB. Great fantasy QB terrible real life QB.

2. Njoku finishes as a top 5 te

3. Allegier takes over as the rb1 for the falcons

4. Javonte finishes as the rb1

5. DJ Chark finishes with more points then st ra

6. Kyren Williams looks better then both akers and Henderson

7. Fields finishes at a top 10 QB

8. KJ Osborn outscores Thelien

9. Robinson is back by week 5 and starts

Javonte finishes as the rb1
No. 1 overall? I'm a fan but that is bold.
And Geno Smith flirting with top 12 isn't??? GENO SMITH!!!
They're supposed to be bold - and that one is surely out there. I do not think he'll be a great real life QB by any means, but I do think he'll have a Blaine Gabbert type of garbage time season where he'll compile stats. The one thing Seattle does have is great WRs. With that said, I'm not drafting him or anything - I just think we'll be surprised.

prediction
prediction
prediction

Get it? A rebus?
Well I guess now I've committed to coming up with an actual bold prediction so that this isn't a nuisance post.

- Antonio Gibson is a top 5 ppr RB after all
- Tee Higgins leads team in rec yds, at least 300 ahead of JaMarr Chase
- Rashaad Penny finally breaks out as an RB1

1. The Carolina Panthers make the playoffs as a wild-card team while Baker Mayfield re-establishes his franchise QB credentials.
2. Derek Carr passes for over 5000 yards and 35 TD's.
3. The 49ers start 1-4 leading Shanahan to bench Lance in favor of Jimmy G or risk losing the locker room.
4. Tua emerges as a legitimate star QB and winds up completing 70%+ of his passes.
5. The Colts finish 9-8, the same record as last year, but make the playoffs losing in Round 1.
6. Trevor Lawrence roars back after his Urban Meyer induced rookie year with a 4600/34/16 season adding 350/3 on the ground. JAX barely misses the playoffs.

Here goes:

1. A-Rob has a better fantasy season that Kupp
  2. Dillon has a better fantasy season that Jones
  3. Marquise Brown is a top 12 WR
  4. Cousins is a top 5 QB and both Jefferson and Thielen are top 10 WR's
  5. Nick Bolton finishes as a top 10 IDP LB'er
  6. Isaiah Likely finishes as a top 10 TE
  7. Lamb finishes outside the top 20 WR's
  8. Baker finishes as a top 8 QB
  9. Cole Kmet finishes as a top 5 TE
  10. Vikings win their division and go on to win the Super Bowl!!! (Bold baby!)

1. Chiefs finish in last place in their division, but only miss out on the playoffs by 1 game.
2. Piggyback off #1, 3 teams from AFC West make the playoffs, but not the Chiefs
3. Jaguars finish the season in a tight race with the Colts for the AFC South crown, just missing the playoffs.
4. Joe Burrow leads the AFC in passing.
5. Michael Gallup finishes as a Top 20 WR despite missing 2 games recovering from ACL surgery
6. Lions just miss a wild card berth.
7. Dalvin Cook finishes RB1 in a fully healthy season
8. 49ers win the super bowl over the Denver Broncos
9. Robert Tonyan finishes as a top 5 TE
10. Zach Wilson hooks up with a teammates mom mid-season

Mine aren't nearly as bold as some presented but...

1. Jalen Hurts finishes as the QB1
2. Tee Higgins outscores teammate Chase
3. Waller and Kittle both finish worse than TE8
4. The Steelers win their division
5. The Chiefs miss the playoffs

1. Joe Mixon finishes the season as RB1
2. Cortland Sutton finishes the season as a top 5 WR, Diggs drops out.
3. McCaffrey regains his old magic and has a top 5 RB season while Henry, Harris and Ekeler are disappointments for a variety of reasons
4. Cousins finishes as a top 5 QB but their D is suspect and the Vikes miss the playoffs
5. Chris Olave is rookie of the year and ends with over 1200 yards and 10 Tds.
6. Both Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon finish as top 10 RB. Dillon has more rushing yards and TDs but Jones catches over 80 balls to go with solid rushing numbers
7. With the first pick in the 2023 NFL draft the Chicago Bears select...
8. With the 32 pick in the 2023 NFL draft the Green Bay Packers select...
9. Lead by a strong rushing attack and athletic D the Packers win the Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers retires and moves to a remote tropical island never to be heard from again

1. Patrick Mahomes doesn't skip a beat without Tyreke Hill, but Hill fails to crack the Top 20 WRs in Miami
2. Breece Hall - offensive rookie of the year, making the Michael Carter as RB1 talk look silly
3. Baltimore Ravens get the top seed in a stacked AFC, while Super Bowl runner-up Cincinnati does not make the playoffs
4. Geno Smith far exceeds expectations and flirts with QB1 (top 12) status as the Seahawks play from behind most of the season.
6. JuJu Smith-Shuster leads KC in targets (narrowly over Kelce) and flirts with 100 receptions on the season
7. Isaaih Pacheco is the most valuable fantasy RB in KC and finishes in the RB25-30 range.
9. Albert O is closer to Top 5 TEs than he is to Top 15 TEs - meaning he finishes at least Top 10.
10. Jimmy Garrapolo starts more games than Trey Lance - who looks like one of the worst passers in the league.

Are you drafting Geno?

Are you drafting Geno?
No. I do have him on one dynasty where Fields is my backup QB and Stafford is my starter as injury insurance.
I think people are conflating me thinking Geno is a good QB - I’m using “Blaine Gabbert” logic here - plus these are bold predictions, it’s not like I think they’ll all certainly come true.

Reactions: jps

Are you drafting Geno?
No. I do have him on one dynasty where Fields is my backup QB and Stafford is my starter as injury insurance.
I think people are conflating me thinking Geno is a good QB - I’m using “Blaine Gabbert” logic here - plus these are bold predictions, it’s not like I think they’ll all certainly come true.

I hear you. Even if he was around 12th, that would be the worst starting fantasy QB in the league. Just trying to gauge if you had gone way beyond bold into outlandish. ha.

1. Russell Wilson has the mother of all bounce back seasons, having a career year without Carroll, finishing as QB1 and leading the Broncos to the playoffs.
2. Dak Prescott doesn't miss Cooper/Tyron, as Lamb makes the leap, Tolbert hits the ground running, and Pollard is a matchup nightmare. Dak finishes as QB2.
3. Christian McCaffrey plays 17 games, I could just stop there, but I'll add, he has 2,510+ yards from scrimmage, breaking Chris Johnson's single season record.
4. Austin Ekeler builds off last year, and becomes the 1st player since Tomlinson in 2006, to have at least 25 TD's in a season, I'll add, 10 of which are receiving.
5. Aaron Jones becomes only the 3rd RB in NFL history to have 1,000 receiving yards.
6. Mike Evans becomes the 3rd WR in NFL history to have a 20 TD season.
7. Mike Williams proves to be just a contract year push and takes a huge backseat to Allen/Ekeler. For his part, Allen has a career year and finishes as top-5 WR.
8. Julio Jones gets on the TB12 method and manages to play all 17 games, easily banishing Gage to the bench, and having one last top-15 season.
9. Travis Kelce becomes the 1st TE in history to have a 1,500 yard season. He runs away with TE1 and has close to 175 targets.
10. Dallas Goedert ends up being the Eagles top pass catcher, and finishes as TE2, with a season that would TE1 in any almost other year.

Bold?

Ok!

1. Gabriel Davis scores 10 TDs though the first 10 games of 2022.
2. Saquan Barkley will play 17 games, and finish as a top 5 overall FF player.
3. Damian Pierce plays just 12 games, the Texans are indeed a dumpster fire when the games count, and Pierce is a major letdown at current ADP (yet still a decent deal for those who landed him in the 9th-10th).
4. Elijah Mitchell will neither rush for 1000 yards, nor finish the season as the starter for the SF 49ers.
5. Tyreek Hill will finish the season as a top 5 WR.
6. Tee Higgins will out-score Jamaar Chase this year
7. ETN will lead the Jags in receptions
8. DKM & Lockett will both vastly out-perform ADP
9. Hurts finishes outside the top 10 QBs in 2022
10. Skyy Moore leads the Chiefs in Receiving TDs.

Hey, you said bold.

Bonus, the boldest: Zach Wilson comes off his injury and takes the league by storm, willing the Jets to a 12-5 record & making the playoffs. :pickle:

Last edited:
You want bold?
- Tom Brady has more rushing yards than Trey Lance
- Trey Lance has more passing yards than Tom Brady
- Derrick Henry has more receptions than Cooper Kupp
- Someone will kick a 69 yard FG
and my all-time boldest... The Bears beat the Seahawks in the SB!
Nothing would be more surprising than the NFL deciding to shake up what teams play in what conference midseason.

Cleveland Browns lead the league in rushing with 2 RB each finishing with 1000+ combined yards and double digit TD.
Your 2022 season OROY is… James Cook, Buffalo. Adds a new dimension for the Bills
Sammy Watkins leads all Packers WR in touchdowns and fantasy weekly PPG average
Shout out to @Pipes for the perfect SB prediction delivery. With the 32nd pick in the 2023 NFL Draft… the Houston Texans select…

You want bold?
Nothing would be more surprising than the NFL deciding to shake up what teams play in what conference midseason.
That's what makes it the boldest prediction! I fully expect CHI and SEA to meet in the NFC championship game, but someone has to lose, right?

You want bold?
Holy crap that's bold! :o

You want bold?
That's what makes it the boldest prediction! I fully expect CHI and SEA to meet in the NFC championship game, but someone has to lose, right?
Fair enough, I'd be a lot more surprised if Seattle was suddenly back in the AFC after 20 years, than I would be about a 69 yard FG, which I actually think could very well happen.

Bold?

Ok!

1. Gabriel Davis scores 10 TDs though the first 10 games of 2022.
2. Saquan Barkley will play 17 games, and finish as a top 5 overall FF player.
3. Damian Pierce plays just 12 games, the Texans are indeed a dumpster fire when the games count, and Pierce is a major letdown at current ADP (yet still a decent deal for those who landed him in the 9th-10th).
4. Elijah Mitchell will neither rush for 1000 yards, nor finish the season as the starter for the SF 49ers.
5. Tyreek Hill will finish the season as a top 5 WR.
6. Tee Higgins will out-score Jamaar Chase this year
7. ETN will lead the Jags in receptions
8. DKM & Lockett will both vastly out-perform ADP
9. Hurts finishes outside the top 10 QBs in 2022
10. Skyy Moore leads the Chiefs in Receiving TDs.

Hey, you said bold.

Bonus, the boldest: Zach Wilson comes off his injury and takes the league by storm, willing the Jets to a 12-5 record & making the playoffs. :pickle:
I could see a scenario where every one of these comes true aside from #6 (assuming no injuries to Chase). Nice list HSG.

Are you drafting Geno?
Think you mean Blake Bortles.

Are you drafting Geno?
Think you mean Blake Bortles.
I do.

1. KC misses Hill and Mahomes and the Chiefs struggle some offensively. Teams don't have to allocate 2-3 defenders to stopping Hill, the field gets more congested, defenses can focus on Kelce, they don't run the ball well, and they initially struggle to score as many points (before Reid figures out a Plan B). Hill also finds it tough sledding in MIA without Reid and Mahomes. It becomes a lose-lose for both teams this year as the main players underperform. JJSS is the same guy that averaged 8.6 YPR the past two years and ends up with 90-780-4. No one fills Hill's shoes. KC still wins games, but the game are lower scoring and closer. Things don't click in MIA with a rookie head coach, and Tua does not emerge.
2. Mac Jones far exceeds expectation and flirts with QB1 (Top 12) status as the Patriots play from behind most of the season.
3. Rhamondre Stevenson starts getting a bigger piece of the RB pie including a lot more receptions. Harris gets dinged and RS puts up Top 5-10 numbers with Harris out, the Pats slow role Harris back, but by then he is mostly a backup that spells Stevenson. Harris then leaves after the season in free agency.
4. Evan Engram becomes the next TE that Doug Pederson makes fantasy relevant, and Engram finishes Top 5-10.
5. Daniel Jones finally has a healthy OL and healthy WR and the Giants have a Top 10 offense. Toney finishes around WR20.
6. CAR is a train wreck, Mayfield does not turn things around, and the Panthers "earn" a Top 5 pick to select their next QB.
7. The Jets are far more competitive, are in a lot of close games, and end up with 8-9 wins. Garrett Wilson is the highest ranked rookie fantasy WR at the end of the season.
8, BUF finishes with the league's best record but still doesn't make the Super Bowl.
9. CLE goes 4-7 with Brissett and is effectively out of playoff contention when Watson gets back.
10. The AFC West teams beat up on each other and only two teams make the playoffs. OAK, DEN, and LAC are all better teams than they were, but the first-place team goes 10-7, the two teams in the middle go 9-8, and the last place team goes 8-9.

I never know how bold to go with these. I'm aiming for "things I think have around a 40-60% chance of happening but aren't consensus"

1. Treylon Burks makes the offseason stuff look stupid and wins OROY
2. Cam Akers operates as the clear RB1 in LA (I only just recently found out this is a hot taek- do yourself a favor and avoid the Akers thread right now:laugh:), looks good, and has ~round 1 startup value again heading into the offseason
3. Tua looks like a real NFL QB now that he has a real NFL coaching staff and at least not league-worst protection. Fins make the playoffs.
4. The Raiders finish top 2 in the AFC West and make the playoffs. 2 of the Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers don't.
5. Deshaun Watson looks rusty as all get out when he comes back and the browns pick traded to Houston ends up being top 10.
6. Chase Edmonds outscores Javonte Williams in PPR
7. Stefon Diggs finishes as a top 2 WR
8. Saquon Barkley catches 80 balls and is a top 2 RB
9. Parris Campbell stays healthy all year and is 2nd on the colts in targets
10. Rashaad Penny ALSO stays healthy all year, and the seahawks ride him to preserve the rookie.

3. Rhamondre Stevenson starts getting a bigger piece of the RB pie including a lot more receptions. Harris gets dinged and RS puts up Top 5-10 numbers with Harris out, the Pats slow role Harris back, but by then he is mostly a backup that spells Stevenson. Harris then leaves after the season in free agency.
Not that bold. ;)

Javonte finishes as the rb1
No. 1 overall? I'm a fan but that is bold.
And Geno Smith flirting with top 12 isn't??? GENO SMITH!!!
They're supposed to be bold - and that one is surely out there. I do not think he'll be a great real life QB by any means, but I do think he'll have a Blaine Gabbert type of garbage time season where he'll compile stats. The one thing Seattle does have is great WRs. With that said, I'm not drafting him or anything - I just think we'll be

1. The Carolina Panthers make the playoffs as a wild-card team while Baker Mayfield re-establishes his franchise QB credentials.
2. Derek Carr passes for over 5000 yards and 35 TD's.
3. The 49ers start 1-4 leading Shanahan to bench Lance in favor of Jimmy G or risk losing the locker room.
4. Tua emerges as a legitimate star QB and winds up completing 70%+ of his passes.
5. The Colts finish 9-8, the same record as last year, but make the playoffs losing in Round 1.
6. Trevor Lawrence roars back after his Urban Meyer induced rookie year with a 4600/34/16 season adding 350/3 on the ground. JAX barely misses the playoffs.
I like the Trevor and Lance predictions

Less than bold. Statistically less than likely, of course. But doesn't quite fit the common definition of a bold prediction. At least I don't think so. Not trying to nitpick, just saying.

In no actual order just stream of consciousness here:

10 Detroit gets in as a wildcard
9 Green Bay misses the playoffs (Rodgers throws tantrum on social media)
8 AJ Green outscores Hollywood in FPs per game
7 Brate finishes as a TE1
6 Julio finishes as a WR2
5 Gabriel Davis gets 12+ TDs
4 Patriots have a super embarrassing terrible season and Bill retires
3 King Henry rushes for 2k again.
2 The AFC West reaches critical mass and ignites a hole in the fabric of spacetime. Denver vs KC week 17 for the division.
1 Battle of LA for the Super Bowl. Chargers win vs the Rams

Less than bold. Statistically less than likely, of course. But doesn't quite fit the common definition of a bold prediction. At least I don't think so. Not trying to nitpick, just saying.
You're probably right. I was having trouble getting to 10, and wanted to avoid throwing wild predictions out they I don't think are going to happen.

You're probably right. I was having trouble getting to 10, and wanted to avoid throwing wild predictions out they I don't think are going to happen.
🤷‍♂️ I only made it to 3 predictions in my above post, so its better than my 4-10.

Users who are viewing this thread