What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bradshaw (1 Viewer)

TroyMcClure

Footballguy
Anybody hear anything on him since last week? I thought he'd stir up some big interest after he was cleared. Maybe no one wants to take a chance on him? I hope he gets a starting job somewhere but there aren't many starting jobs left!

Would love to see him in Green Bay if they can work something out, could have a great year (IF healthy) in that offense as a nice ground option to break up the aerial attack.

Would love to see him in Green Bay if they can work something out, could have a great year (IF healthy) in that offense as a nice ground option to break up the aerial attack.
I'd love to see him go to GB as well. I think he could be a 1200-1600 combined yard guy on GB with 10 TD's. Assuming he stayed healthy...that's a BIG assumption!

I'd love to see him go to GB as well. I think he could be a 1200-1600 combined yard guy on GB with 10 TD's. Assuming he stayed healthy...that's a BIG assumption!
Maybe...but I would not be that enthused with it numbers wise.But think he would make a good fit as a rotational guy with Green.When healthy, he is a very good back...but keeping him healthy is hard. GB would definitely limit the carries just how they run their offense.

Maybe...but I would not be that enthused with it numbers wise.But think he would make a good fit as a rotational guy with Green.When healthy, he is a very good back...but keeping him healthy is hard. GB would definitely limit the carries just how they run their offense.
I am probably overly optimistic with those numbers but, Bensen from weeks 2-5 before he got hurt(I leave out week 1 cause they committed to use him more after week 1), was averaging 18 carries and 4 receptions a game. Bensen was never much of a receiver out of the backfield either. When i look at this it makes me think that Bradshaw would thrive with the same opportunity. All speculation of course. Heck, Bradshaw isn't even signed! lol

Probably just idle speculation, but what do you guys think about Bradshaw visiting Pit, hearing they were close to a deal, and then him leaving w/o a contract? Think this is still a real possibility?

Probably just idle speculation, but what do you guys think about Bradshaw visiting Pit, hearing they were close to a deal, and then him leaving w/o a contract? Think this is still a real possibility?
Supposedly he's still gimpy and they won't sign him unless he's 100%.

A lot of this has to do with the fact that the steelers are involved. The steelers are against the cap and I;m guessing are trying like hell to renegotiate contracts right now. NEw England is watching intently. If the Steelers sign Beanie or Bradshaw, then New England gives Sanders a lower offer and Pitt can't match. Pitt isn't signing anyone because if they do, before they get someone renegotiated, then New England gets Sanders for a minimal contract and a 3rd rounder.

Until the steelers get some cap relief, they aren't signing anyone.

A lot of this has to do with the fact that the steelers are involved. The steelers are against the cap and I;m guessing are trying like hell to renegotiate contracts right now. NEw England is watching intently. If the Steelers sign Beanie or Bradshaw, then New England gives Sanders a lower offer and Pitt can't match. Pitt isn't signing anyone because if they do, before they get someone renegotiated, then New England gets Sanders for a minimal contract and a 3rd rounder.
How many WRs would New England sign though? Jenkins basically is a glorified blocker, but they can only carry so many and he gives them how many under contract now? 4? 5? DId they re-sign Edleman, or am I imaginging that? Also, it's not like Sanders(who I really like) has been uber-dependable. Foot stuff, fumbles, etc. etc. They may not want to give up the third for him in a class as deep at WR as this one. They could bring in a 4th-5th option at wideout for a lot cheaper just by burning the third on one instead.

The Steelers have a little over 3.5 million of available cap space available, IIRC. They could also add another 1.3 back to the cap by jerking the tender to Redman they have out there that he hasn't signed yet, which I'd expect would happen if Bradshaw(or whomever) was signed before Ike inks his tender offer. So, they could sign Bradshaw right now without renegotiating anyone else, if he's healthy, but he isn't getting any kind of crazy offer out of them. Especially if, according to the Steeler's primary beat writer, he was still in some kind of boot when he met with them last week.

If Bradshaw's trolling for big money though, yeah, he won't be getting signed by Pittsburgh.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's a really good point to remind us of. Thanks. I had been under the impression that the Steelers have truly seen some significant red flags in Beanie and Bradshaw's health but there is the side of it to consider that you have pointed out.

How many WRs would New England sign though? Jenkins basically is a glorified blocker, but they can only carry so many. Plus, it's not like Sanders(who I really like) has been dependable. Foot stuff, fumbles, etc. etc. They may not want to give up the third for him in a class as deep at WR as this one. They could bring in a 4th-5th option at wideout for a lot cheaper just by burning the third on one instead.

>Until the steelers get some cap relief, they aren't signing anyone.
The Steelers have a little over 3.5 million of available cap space available, IIRC. They could also add another 1.3 back to the cap by jerking the tender to Redman they have out there that he hasn't signed yet, which I'd expect would happen if Bradshaw(or whomever) was signed before Ike inks his tender offer. So, they could sign Bradshaw right now without renegotiating anyone else, if he's healthy, but he isn't getting any kind of crazy offer out of them. Especially if, according to the Steeler's primary beat writer, he was still in some kind of boot when he met with them last week.

If Bradshaw's trolling for big money though, yeah, he'll won't be getting signed by Pittsburgh.
Good post. I didn't view it this way, I really think it's a health issue primarily.

I really think the end is nigh for Bradshaw. Unfortunate, because I really like the kid.

But this cap angle and how it relates to Sanders totally makes sense as well.

5ish beat me to it -- I was going to post the Steelers could sign Bradshaw if they really wanted but they aren't going to do it until they know he is healthy. This probably explains why no other team is signing Brandshaw right now either.

I don't think Sanders figures into it, at least not from the Steelers viewpoint. While it would be a blow to lose Sanders there are some beat reporters saying the Steelers wouldn't mind it at all if they got the Pats #3 pick, got back $1.35 million in cap space and not have to deal with Sanders as an UFA next season.

From what I read, Bradshaw is expected to continue with rehab/heal for a few more weeks and then he'll visit with the Steelers again. Perhaps they are guaging how well the foot is healing before giving him an offer. It is a possitive sign that the Steelers are looking at him. The Steelers ownership is related to the Giants ownership, so they should know as much about the foot concerns as the Giants do.

Bradshaw needs to be healthy to get a good contract, but he needs to get signed before the draft or his highest paying suitors may move on. If he doesn't get a deal done by the draft, the next domino to fall will be on june 1st, when deangelos contract will allow the panthers to trade him without an extra cap hit. deangelo and bradshaw are both interesting to contending teams like green bay, pittsburgh, denver and indy, and there arent enough rookie rbs who could step in as starters to freeze them both out. at that point, it will depend how stubborn carolinas management gets in trade talks and how healthy bradshaw looks. lots of risk with both players, but they are as cheap as they will ever be right now.

Bradshaw needs to be healthy to get a good contract, but he needs to get signed before the draft or his highest paying suitors may move on. If he doesn't get a deal done by the draft, the next domino to fall will be on june 1st, when deangelos contract will allow the panthers to trade him without an extra cap hit. deangelo and bradshaw are both interesting to contending teams like green bay, pittsburgh, denver and indy, and there arent enough rookie rbs who could step in as starters to freeze them both out. at that point, it will depend how stubborn carolinas management gets in trade talks and how healthy bradshaw looks. lots of risk with both players, but they are as cheap as they will ever be right now.
Very good points BF. Right now Bradshaw could probably go to the Rams, Steelers, Packers and step in as the unquestioned starter, even if he's on a 1-year, "prove-it" type deal. But, if those teams bring in a 2nd round RB in April, then sign Bradshaw in June, he is in a much different situation. Even with the data here on second round running backs, it wil at least be a perceived blow to his value if he goes to a team that also drafted a second day guy.

Best case scenario for us holding out hope for Bradshaw is that he signs before the draft, because a lot of those prime landing spots will find a lot more competition.

Some jobs might open up if an injury happens in camp or preseason. It's also possible Bradshaw doesn't get signed till after week 1 so his contract won't be guaranteed.

How can anyone trust signing Bradshaw as a starter or for significant money when he seems to have chronic foot problems and gets dinged up all the time? I can see teams waiting to see how the NFL draft shakes out before signing Bradshaw.

How many WRs would New England sign though? Jenkins basically is a glorified blocker, but they can only carry so many and he gives them how many under contract now? 4? 5? DId they re-sign Edleman, or am I imaginging that? Also, it's not like Sanders(who I really like) has been uber-dependable. Foot stuff, fumbles, etc. etc. They may not want to give up the third for him in a class as deep at WR as this one. They could bring in a 4th-5th option at wideout for a lot cheaper just by burning the third on one instead.

>Until the steelers get some cap relief, they aren't signing anyone.

If Bradshaw's trolling for big money though, yeah, he won't be getting signed by Pittsburgh.
Yes, they can sign Bradshaw right now. He's only getting an incentice laden contract anyway. But as soon as they do, the Patriots sign Sanders to a cheap offer and the Steelers can't match.

Yes, they can sign Bradshaw right now. He's only getting an incentice laden contract anyway. But as soon as they do, the Patriots sign Sanders to a cheap offer and the Steelers can't match.
So he can be their 5th WR?

Maybe they would, I'm just saying it's not the foregone conclusion you're making it out to be. If they wanted Sanders they could offer him a contract right now that the Steelers probably won't match: Just offer a bit more than his tender amount. They won't go over that. They'll take the pick.

Of course, Sanders likely won't sign something like that. There's that to consider. Just because New England wants to "offer him a cheap contract Pittsburgh can't match" doesn't necessarily mean it'd be enough to make Sanders want to forego UFA in a season either.

I'm pretty sure Sanders would happily sign something that's getting him three years at the money he wants. That may not be as much as New England wants to pay in a situation where they have to also give up a 3 though. Sanders' big pay day is going to be next year. Where is he more likely to see more targets in '13 to make himself the most attractive for UFA in '14? New England as the fourth option in the pecking order at best? Or Pittsburgh as the starting split end?

It's not as cut and dried as "The Steelers can only afford X, so you just need to offer Y and Sanders sprints to the signing table."

So he can be their 5th WR?
Have you seen the current NE WR corps ?

Emmanuel Sanders will be starting if NE signs him, without question.
I meant 5th option in the passing game behind the TEs/Amendola/whoever the pass catching back is. Mea culpa. Clearly he would start.

Users who are viewing this thread