What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brain Dead Patient In Hospital Gives Birth (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising, but I see the police want DNA of the male workers. Legally, do they have any chance of getting this? 

Not surprising, but I see the police want DNA of the male workers. Legally, do they have any chance of getting this? 
See who volunteers to provide a sample, see who doesn't, stake out the resident's who don't volunteer, wait for garbage day, collect specimens, WA LA.  

This shouldn't be that difficult a case to crack.  How it happened, though?  My god....why would a male staffer be allowed to enter this woman's room unaccompanied?  

CEO stepped down yesterday.  Awfully big of you, dude.

See who volunteers to provide a sample, see who doesn't, stake out the resident's who don't volunteer, wait for garbage day, collect specimens, WA LA.  

This shouldn't be that difficult a case to crack.  How it happened, though?  My god....why would a male staffer be allowed to enter this woman's room unaccompanied?  

Suppose he's a doctor....do you really think DRs dont go into patients rooms alone? How about nurses...all the time. I know nothing of this situation, but I would guess the door to all patient rooms are unlocked. 

Obviously this is no laughing matter but it does remind me of a joke where a doctor told a man that oral sex might be able to stimulate his wife out of a coma.  

This shouldn't be something you need to protect against. I don't think it's abnormal at all that there was a male employee unaccompanied.
They are now:

About Hacienda HealthCare, Cesena said: “Trust has been broken. Trust has definitely been broken.”

Other family members of patients told the news station that they’d noticed more security guards and a new protocol requiring male staffers to be accompanied by female staffers if they go into a female patient’s room.

Oh nice, a horrible story that makes feel like I’m a horrible person because my first thought was family member* and not hospital staff.  

*ETA:  because I’m pretty certain I’ve seen numerous studies putting family members as a high percentage of perpetrators

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like things like this have happened before.  My $ is on a tech or janitor.

I wouldn't volunteer. Lots of people wouldn't. I agree this wont be hard to solve. They likely already have this guys DNA on file and now they have the child's DNA. 

ILUVBEER99 said:
Overkill.  Can't react to every bizarre situation like this.  This situation is unbelievably rare.  Totally inefficient for any male doctor or nurse to need a babysitter when checking on a patient.
Threesome?

[scooter] said:
In this day and age, they probably don't need to DNA test everyone. They can submit the baby's DNA to Ancestry.com and find out the kid's ancestors, then they can search backwards to narrow down the list of suspects.
This wouldn't help if the father is a male family member. 

[scooter] said:
In this day and age, they probably don't need to DNA test everyone. They can submit the baby's DNA to Ancestry.com and find out the kid's ancestors, then they can search backwards to narrow down the list of suspects.
This wouldn't help if the father is a male family member. 
Why not?

Because you'd only get one set of ancestors. The conclusion would be that it's either a family member or someone in a family not in the database, so you wouldn't narrow the field. 

About Hacienda HealthCare, Cesena said: “Trust has been broken. Trust has definitely been broken.”

Other family members of patients told the news station that they’d noticed more security guards and a new protocol requiring male staffers to be accompanied by female staffers if they go into a female patient’s room.
What about homosexual nurses, doctors, etc.  Now they can still have their fun?  That's discrimination.  

How do we know this wasn't an immaculate conception?  The Bible says the Messiah is going to come again in the future, yet we immediately jump to rape?  I don't see how any new Messiah is ever going to have a chance in today's world unless he/she/it are really good at fortnite or have a popular Instagram.

How do we know this wasn't an immaculate conception?  The Bible says the Messiah is going to come again in the future, yet we immediately jump to rape?  I don't see how any new Messiah is ever going to have a chance in today's world unless he/she/it are really good at fortnite or have a popular Instagram.
Anakin Skywalker was an immaculate conception, too. They don't always turn out to be saviors. Just sayin'

So if the baby is half black of half Asian, do they still have to get DNA samples from the white and Spanish workers of the facility? 

Feel free to rotate the ethnicities however way you prefer, still enables authorities to eliminate a lot of potential suspects without a test I would imagine, or is this considered racial profiling and looked down upon?

ILUVBEER99 said:
Overkill.  Can't react to every bizarre situation like this.  This situation is unbelievably rare.  Totally inefficient for any male doctor or nurse to need a babysitter when checking on a patient.
They'll just raise the prices.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-health/2019/01/23/hacienda-rape-investigation-phoenix-police-chief-mayor-give-update/2655766002/

Phoenix police have arrested Nathan Sutherland, a 36-year-old nurse at Hacienda HealthCare facility, alleging he committed sexual assault in the rape of an incapacitated woman at the center.

"From the minute we first became aware of the crime, we have virtually worked non stop seven days a week to resolve this case," Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams said in announcing the arrest Wednesday morning.

Williams joined Mayor Thelda Williams at Phoenix police headquarters to provide an "important" update on the investigation into the rape.

Sutherland was a licensed practical nurse who was responsible for caring for the victim, according to police.

The Phoenix police crime lab on Tuesday determined a DNA sample taken from Sutherland matched the baby. He was then taken into custody.

Sutherland was booked into Maricopa County Jail, charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of vulnerable adult abuse.

Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said they are still working to determine whether Sutherland assaulted other victims inside the facility.

He declined to answer investigator's questions following his arrest.

The woman gave birth to a boy Dec. 29. Staff members told a 911 operator that they had not known she was pregnant. 

According to court records, the woman, who is a member of the San Carlos Apache Tribe, has been a patient at Hacienda for 26 years. The records say the woman is "not alert" and needs a "maximum level of care."

In the weeks since the 911 call calling for help after the child's birth, police and state agencies have launched investigations and the director of the facility resigned. Investigators obtained DNA from male workers at the facility.

Hacienda HealthCare also hired former Maricopa County Attorney Rick Romley to conduct an independent investigation into patient safety.

Two physicians responsible for caring for the woman no longer are providing services at the Phoenix nursing facility.

The new Messiah was aborted in 1986.....    With out parental consent of course  

Jeez...  this place can't take a joke anymore?   I was already posting about 1/5th as much as I used to...  maybe the FFA has passed me by
Dude, it takes quite a bit to offend me.  That was pretty bad considering what happened here.  I don't think anybody is going to report a board legend or anything, but yuck.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread