What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand New Dynasty Startup Auction 12 Teams PPR (1 Viewer)

eaglesfan7

Footballguy
Welcome to the No Kickers Dynasty Football League!

Brand new startup dynasty league forming. Looking for serious owners that will run a team for the long haul. You don't have to be active every single day on the site. Just come in to the league knowing you'll be an active owner when life allows it and are not the type to bail on a team if the team gets injuries or just goes in the tank. You'll rebuild if you have to - that's the type of owners we're looking for right now. If you join dynasty leagues and leave for new ones in a year or two, simply put, we don't want you in this league. If you are interested, please PM me with your email, desired team name if any and full name so I can set up Leaguesafe for funds.

The auction will start the same weekend as the NFL Draft but will be a slow email auction over a couple of weeks. Rookie draft will be a month or so after the NFL Draft.

It's a pretty standard league except for a couple of wrinkles. Let's get them out of the way first.

Teams may not make two trades in the same season involving the same player. This means I cannot trade Andre Johnson to a team and then trade him back to that same team within the same season.

Total Points prize: $50 (entry fee back) The total points winner is the team that has the highest points through week 16 that did not make the dynasty championship. This guarantees 3 different owners will get paid at the end of each season - winner, runner-up and the non-championship total points producer.

The second thing is the rookie draft starting with year 2 and beyond will have an extra pick at the end of the first round going to the Toilet Bowl winner. This keeps competition and activity going for the non-playoff teams. So, there will be 12 rookie picks and then one extra pick to the toilet bowl winner before round 2 starts.

$50 entry, with $25 deposit toward the following season, $75 total payment for first year only. So, every year after the payouts are made there will be $25 left over from each owner that will go toward the following season. From the second season and on each owner will be required to put up the $50 entry fee while the $25 deposit stays for the future seasons. The deposit will be used to make sure everyone is in it for the long haul and to make it easier to find a replacement owner if needed. If you leave the league for any reason there will be no refund for the league fee or the deposit. NO REFUNDS! Leaguesafe will be used for everything.

With 12 teams the total will be $600. $70 for MFL and $530 for prizes as follows:

Total Points: $50 (entry fee back) Non-championship total points producer

2nd $180

1st $300

2 divisions of 6 teams (divisions will be randomized), 13 week regular season. 6 teams make the playoffs, 6 do not.

Playoffs

Dynasty Playoffs: Division winners get a bye the first week of the playoffs. The 2nd and 3rd place teams will play to face the division winner. The winners will meet in the championship.

Toilet Bowl: No money is on the line but the winner gets an extra pick at the end of the first round of the rookie draft. So, there will be 12 picks made in the first round of the rookie draft and then the toilet bowl winner gets another pick before the start of the second round.

24 man rosters, 2 IR spots (must be on the NFL IR). Must cut down to 20 players before the rookie draft each offseason.

Starting Rosters will be:

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB, WR or TE) and 1 Defense

The entire startup auction will be slow format on MFL through email, not a live auction. Each owner can only have 3 players nominated at any given time. So, if you nominate 3 players and you or another owner wins one of those players from auction you can then nominate one more player so that you have 3 in play at once. You don't have to nominate 3 at once but it is the max. So, a total of only 36 players can be nominated at once throughout the league auction. To win the nominated player you must own the high bid for 48 hours.

Each season we will have a 4 round rookie draft with the draft order being the same each round. The rookie draft will begin on August 9th. It will be a four round slow email draft with a 24 hour time limit per pick.

The startup auction will not include any rookies, however each of the 48 rookie draft picks will be included in the startup auction. So for example, you cannot nominate Keenan Allen, but you can nominate rookie draft choice 1.01, 1.02, etc. Each rookie pick you win in the auction will count towards your 24 man roster maximum. So for example if you nominate and win four rookie picks, you will only be able to have a max of 20 other players from the auction. After the 4 rookie picks are made, you will obviously then have 24 players on your roster.

Waivers: Waivers will be based on the reverse order of the standings each week and will reset each week. Use it or lose it. First come, first serve after waivers run once a week up until the first game of the week (not including Thursday games - these players will be locked once their game starts)

Scoring

Will be detailed on the MFL website before the draft starts, but in general will be as follows:

Passing: .04 per 1 yard, 6 pt. passing TDs, -1 per INT

Rushing: .10 per 1 yard, 6 pt. rushing TDs, -1 per Fumble lost

Receiving: .10 per 1 yard, 6 pt. receiving TDs, 1 PPR across all positions

Just a few questions that popped into my head as I was reading this:

How much money is available for the auction.

Can draft picks (2014 + ) be traded

Must a team draft 4 rookies each year (meaning in 4 years will have acquired 16 rookies)

There was no site indicator to check things out.

Just a few questions that popped into my head as I was reading this: How much money is available for the auction. Can draft picks (2014 + ) be traded Must a team draft 4 rookies each year (meaning in 4 years will have acquired 16 rookies) There was no site indicator to check things out.
The auction runs as a $1 minimum bid and total budget of $250 to spend on 24 players. Draft picks can be traded at any time without paying for future seasons. Teams do not have to draft rookies if they don't want to fill out the roster that way. It can be filled with veterans or rookies or a combination of both. Let me know if you have any problems with the links. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your response. I' ve checked your site and although it looks good a few things are not to my preferences so I'll pass.

Must a team draft 4 rookies each year (meaning in 4 years will have acquired 16 rookies)

The auction runs as a $1 minimum bid and total budget of $250 to spend on 24 players. Draft picks can be traded at any time without paying for future seasons.

Teams do not have to draft rookies if they don't want to fill out the roster that way. It can be filled with veterans or rookies or a combination of both.

Links to site:

Scoring: http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=52746&O=09

Bylaws: http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2013/options?L=52746&O=26

Let me know if you have any problems with the links.

Thanks.
Not even a deposit for the next year by trading away future draft picks?Could spell disaster for win now focused owners that want to dump the league the next season

The auction runs as a $1 minimum bid and total budget of $250 to spend on 24 players. Draft picks can be traded at any time without paying for future seasons.

Teams do not have to draft rookies if they don't want to fill out the roster that way. It can be filled with veterans or rookies or a combination of both.

Let me know if you have any problems with the links.

Thanks.
Not even a deposit for the next year by trading away future draft picks?Could spell disaster for win now focused owners that want to dump the league the next season
Nick,there is no deposit for trading future picks because part of the startup fee is a $25 deposit that is held each season as explained above. Thanks for asking.

Ah sorry... I'm positive I read that the first time, then ended up commenting on one of your responses. My bad :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread