What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Lloyd (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
OK, so I have to sit Burress this week, and maybe for several weeks. I'm not happy with the WR on my bench (Sidney Rice) so this morning I went looking through the WW, and three names popped out: Lloyd, Lance Moore, and Antonio Bryant. Tough choice between them, but I went with Lloyd, because he seems to have become Orton's main target, and I'm looking for consistency.

What do you guys think? Is Lloyd a good choice for this week and the next few weeks, until Plax gets back? Did I make the right decision? TIA

4 9/28/08 PHI 8:15pm

5 10/5/08 @ DET 1:00pm

6 10/12/08 @ ATL 1:00pm

7 10/19/08 MIN 1:00pm

9 11/2/08 DET 1:00pm

And he's been getting a good amount of targets of late.

He looked really good against TB. He roasted Rhonde Barber most of the 2nd half. Rhonde looked lost when Lloyd got the ball and Rhonde was tripping over himself trying to keep up. Lloyd also showed some pretty good skills in the red zone catching a 2pt and on the TD. I drank the Kool-Aid and picked him up...dropped Galloway for him.

He seems to be the #1 WR for his team and even though that team is the Bears, I guess that has to have some value.

I may be missing out, but thanks to the guy who has the avatar of him ducking out of the way when the ball was thrown to him, I just can't bring myself to consider picking him up.

It is still the Bears. Just like Lloyd's inconsistent history, the Bears have no consistency whatsoever the past few years in getting passing yards or tds. Lloyd will be totally hit or miss.

Good luck trying to guess the hits.

I think Lloyd is maturing as a WR,

and he ran some great routes last week.

I think he's a tremendous "buy low" right now.

He is the #1 option in the Bears passing game.

He believe that the majority of his receptions have been to the left side of the field where Orton looks for him regularly.

I haven't seen any plays where he's come across the middle.

I picked him up thinking he'd be a good future WR3 or 4. I have Moss riding the bench this week (and dispite his lack of production, i've won my last two games) so i'm not sure what to do here. My option are Berrian, Patten, Lloyd, and may be Gage but that looks doubtful at this point. If I could get just 10 pts out of this spot i'd be happy. Lloyd v.s. the Philly D is a bad matchup but so is Berrians and Patten is also questionable this week. I'm just probably going to close my eyes and point because it's a little to hard to tell who to go with here.

I've watched Lloyd closely this year. So far, he's shown the ability to make plays. He's running good routes, making routine and difficult grabs. Wouldn't surprise me if he has 70+ catches this year and finished in the WR25-30 range.

His Career stats

2007 WAS 8 1 2 14 7.0 9 0 0 0 0.0 0 0

2006 WAS 15 12 23 365 15.9 52 0 0 0 0.0 0 0

2005 SF 16 15 48 733 15.3 89 5 0 0 0.0 0 0

2004 SF 13 13 43 565 13.1 52 6 0 0 0.0 0 0

2003 SF 16 1 14 212 15.1 44 2 0 0 0.0 0 0

6 Seasons 71 45 143 2105 14.7 89 14 0 0 0.0 0 0

He has never had more than 48 rec. He is just not good. If you are silly enough to drink the Kool aid you deserve the hang over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like he's hurt now.

From RotoWorld:

Brandon Lloyd (hip) was held out of Bears practice Thursday.

His status for Week 4 is unclear. Lloyd, a surprisingly hot waiver claim this week coming off his best game since September of 2005, is likely to struggle against the Eagles' press corners Sunday night if he does play.

Source: Chicago Sun Times

I am in a similar situation. I've been struggling to find a replacement for Colston. Vincent Jackson isn't cutting it, picked up Brandon Lloyd, Berrian, and Moore. Deciding between the 4.

I'm having trouble deciding. Bumping this up for others to offer some good insight

I think you can eliminate Lloyd and Berrian. Neither one plays with a particularly good quarterback, Lloyd's hurting, and the Titans defense could give Frerotte hell on their home turf. Lance Moore could be a sneaky play this week against the Niners, but Brees is Mr. Spreadable, and the only other guy in that offense you can bank on is Bush. I'd go with Jackson. I'm a Colston owner, too, and Jackson's been solid for me. Rivers is white hot right now. He's targeting Jackson slightly more than Chris Chambers and he's thrown deep to him a couple of times each game. If Jackson had fallen forward one more yard Monday night, he would've had a 62-yd TD and more ffers would take notice of him.

Picking the guy who has a good game in a bad passing offense as "their #1 WR" is like seeing a backup RB play well and make sky-is-falling posts about "a full-fledged RBBC."

An unproven WR is intriguing when he suddenly puts up numbers. A guy who is a proven disappointment, on a poor team, is not.

With some byes and many surprise duds at WR this week I don't blame people for picking Lloyd up. I would consider it if you can't swing a trade for someone better. And if Lloyd is gone and the wire thin, I might take a look at Marty Booker instead. I think he's as likely to have a startable WR3 game.

Picking the guy who has a good game in a bad passing offense as "their #1 WR" is like seeing a backup RB play well and make sky-is-falling posts about "a full-fledged RBBC."

An unproven WR is intriguing when he suddenly puts up numbers. A guy who is a proven disappointment, on a poor team, is not.

With some byes and many surprise duds at WR this week I don't blame people for picking Lloyd up. I would consider it if you can't swing a trade for someone better. And if Lloyd is gone and the wire thin, I might take a look at Marty Booker instead. I think he's as likely to have a startable WR3 game.
I understand where you're coming from, but disagree in some respects. While Orton will never be mistaken for Peyton, he has improved the last 2 years. I think he's shown just enough ability to give Lloyd a SHOT at decent numbers. Unfortunately, the recent injury to Lloyd doesn't help him.

Unless you started Lloyd last week he is going to be nothing but a disappointment
Some great insight here. Thanks for the analysis.
Thanks...I did hit the nail on the head
LOL ... you never gave any insight as to why you thought he would be a disappointment ... now in hindsight you are taking credit for predicting he would be a disappointment when the fact of the matter is that he never played a game from Week 5 through Week 10 .... with his first action just yesterday against the Pack?Yea...kudos to you for recommending that a player who ended up on the inactive list every week was going to be a disappointment :shrug:

Unless you started Lloyd last week he is going to be nothing but a disappointment
LOL ... you never gave any insight as to why you thought he would be a disappointment ... now in hindsight you are taking credit for predicting he would be a disappointment when the fact of the matter is that he never played a game from Week 5 through Week 10 .... with his first action just yesterday against the Pack?Yea...kudos to you for recommending that a player who ended up on the inactive list every week was going to be a disappointment :shrug:
Thanks for the Kudos......If you have a question about any other player and if they will be a disappointment let me know.....HTH....TIA

LOL ... you never gave any insight as to why you thought he would be a disappointment ... now in hindsight you are taking credit for predicting he would be a disappointment when the fact of the matter is that he never played a game from Week 5 through Week 10 .... with his first action just yesterday against the Pack?Yea...kudos to you for recommending that a player who ended up on the inactive list every week was going to be a disappointment :bag:
Thanks for the Kudos......If you have a question about any other player and if they will be a disappointment let me know.....HTH....TIA
Yea...I have been considering trading for Earnest Graham or perhaps this rookie RB named Ryan Torain. Maybe you have some breaking insight on them as well? :X

LOL ... you never gave any insight as to why you thought he would be a disappointment ... now in hindsight you are taking credit for predicting he would be a disappointment when the fact of the matter is that he never played a game from Week 5 through Week 10 .... with his first action just yesterday against the Pack?Yea...kudos to you for recommending that a player who ended up on the inactive list every week was going to be a disappointment :rolleyes:
Yea...I have been considering trading for Earnest Graham or perhaps this rookie RB named Ryan Torain. Maybe you have some breaking insight on them as well? :X
I don't provide insight........I thought that was clear.......

Users who are viewing this thread