What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Braylon Edwards is going to break the NFL Record........... (1 Viewer)

I do not like seeing him drop passes like this. I expect more out of my 3rd round pick and am going to pull the trigger soon and drop him. I need RB help and Andre Hall is on the waiver wire so I am looking at that swap.

He looked bad last week, So I trade for him because his value got lower and now it gets lower this week. Granted it's raining but he's still dropping catchable passes.

Last edited:
I do not like seeing him drop passes like this. I expect more out of my 3rd round pick and am going to pull the trigger soon and drop him. I need RB help and Andre Hall is on the waiver wire so I am looking at that swap.
I wouldn't drop him for Hall... u should be able to trade him away
He was kidding. See this thread (which you made) if you don't get the joke.HTH
oh, so according to his leagues rules... he should have the #1 Waiver Priority and he'll put in the drop of Edwards and the pick up of Hall. Then he'll wake up Thursday morning and see that he didn't get Hall, he'll show his commish that there was sometype of error in the waiver system and present his evidence... no big deal, The Commish will just fix the waivers.Oh wait, the commish then tells him that he mis-interpreted the rules that were clearly written... and there will be no action taken; well... the rules will be reworded to be better understood... or just flat-out changed because it wasn't what the commish intended.

Then he'll take it to a public forum where after over 12 hours of people out-side of the league berating the commish... he finally admits he was wrong, but won't fix it because he went to far.

Man, that sucks.... its a no win situation.

This guy is killing me. It's not that he drops passes, it;s that they hit him in the friggin hands!?!?! My sister could catch those balls...

Just lost by 2. Thanks BE. You piece of ####....

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, so according to his leagues rules... he should have the #1 Waiver Priority and he'll put in the drop of Edwards and the pick up of Hall. Then he'll wake up Thursday morning and see that he didn't get Hall, he'll show his commish that there was sometype of error in the waiver system and present his evidence... no big deal, The Commish will just fix the waivers.Oh wait, the commish then tells him that he mis-interpreted the rules that were clearly written... and there will be no action taken; well... the rules will be reworded to be better understood... or just flat-out changed because it wasn't what the commish intended.

Then he'll take it to a public forum where after over 12 hours of people out-side of the league berating the commish... he finally admits he was wrong, but won't fix it because he went to far.

:thumbdown:

For what it's worth, Derek Anderson is in the running for worst QB in the NFL award. His balls arn't close to where they should be, he is dancing scared like Jim Everett and looks like he doesn't have a shred of confidence. Also, Romeo looks like he's used Edwards more like a decoy than a go to guy. The Browns offensive scheme is LOLable right now. Edwards could have had the underneath ball all night since the Steelers were playing him deep. In two games they have made zero adjustments.

When a player is struggling you throw him the easy stuff till he has confidence. It's easy.

This guy is killing me. It's not that he drops passes, it;s that they hit him in the friggin hands!?!?! My sister could catch those balls...

Your sister has a lot more practice though.

:goodposting: :shrug:

He's my #1 WR and he's KILLING me.

I think Cleveland will be forced to go with Quinn soon and if they do, I will hold onto Edwards a bit longer to see if he hits a stride.

But yeah...they're just about as bad on Offense as my beloved Queens.

:goodposting:

I mostly stayed away from the Browns in my draft (except the kicker) because one year is not a trend, especially against a rather soft schedule in 2007. I'm considering dumping the kicker here.

Now that is hilarious :lol: Seriously though, the Browns are imploding right now. Just wait for the news cycle to churn this week. There will be all sorts of awful news out of Berea. Doom and gloom and talk of firing people. Particularly Romeo.

One might think that Edwards has nowhere to go but up, but when you're talking about the Cleveland Browns the bottom of the barrel is pretty deep.

Now that is hilarious :lmao: Seriously though, the Browns are imploding right now. Just wait for the news cycle to churn this week. There will be all sorts of awful news out of Berea. Doom and gloom and talk of firing people. Particularly Romeo.

One might think that Edwards has nowhere to go but up, but when you're talking about the Cleveland Browns the bottom of the barrel is pretty deep.
Cleveland BrownsCincinnati Bengals

Ohio State Buckeyes

notice a trend?

If not, consider adding:

Michigan Wolverines

Detroit Lions

Colts got lucky, but they aren't playing well either.

Best to avoid the region between Pittsburgh and Chicago.

Braylon Edwards dropped a ton of passes at the U of Michigan... it should be no suprise he is doing it in the NFL.

I'm as high on Edwards as anybody. That said, he hasn't played well. You might even say he's played poorly. Don't worry, tho. He hasn't lost that great ability he has. Slow start? Yes. However, there's no doubt in my mind he'll turn it around (maybe starting in week 3). He's simply too good of a player to not produce in that offense.

Anderson really isn't the problem as far as Edwards is concerned. I'm not big on Anderson & believe Quinn will get the call sooner or later (this season), but either QB can get him the ball. Edwards just seems out of sync right now (for whatever reason). I'd still bet he finishes top-5.

seems like a perfect buy low guy judging by the reactions in this thread

:thumbdown:
:lmao:

I own Edwards and not Anderson and in week 1 Anderson was fine. Braylon crapped the bed big time. Last night I didn't see where Anderson was so bad as much as the wind and rain being a problem along with several drops again. On 2 plays they showed Braylon on his routes and he looked like he was just taking a stroll. On another he didn't get his head around quick enough or the pass was a bit early either way the timing was off. Best I can remember Quinn didn't look all that great in preseason and if I am a Braylon/Winslow owner I am really want anything out of them, I think my best bet would be with Anderson as QB.

All in all I thought they played better this week. It was ugly for sure but so was Pitt. I'm giving both weeks a mulligan (Braylon rusty week 1 and bad conditions week 2) and hope they get back on track. They haven't exactly been playing Miami and KC so far either.

For what it's worth, Derek Anderson is in the running for worst QB in the NFL award. His balls arn't close to where they should be, he is dancing scared like Jim Everett and looks like he doesn't have a shred of confidence. Also, Romeo looks like he's used Edwards more like a decoy than a go to guy. The Browns offensive scheme is LOLable right now. Edwards could have had the underneath ball all night since the Steelers were playing him deep. In two games they have made zero adjustments. When a player is struggling you throw him the easy stuff till he has confidence. It's easy.
What more can Anderson do? When he hits the WR in the hands he should be coming down with the ball.

so how many did he drop last night?
I think 2.... one dead on his hands, which was a really bad drop... and the other was a little behind him, but he should have caught it. There were a couple other plays where the D-Back broke up the play last second. I swear that some people are looking at these plays as "drops". To boot... the Browns play calling and clock management was brutal.That being said, BE was really bad in Week One. Maybe because of missing so much pre-season work. Last night the wind was whipping in that stadium. Anderson couldnt get the ball deep to Edwards if he wanted to. And it was raining a heavy misty rain all night. Pretty tough conditions to expect a big game from a WR.I think that's all the excuses I will make for the dude right now. If he lays another egg in Week 3... might be time to panic.

Tong Po said:
so how many did he drop last night?
I think 2.... one dead on his hands, which was a really bad drop... and the other was a little behind him, but he should have caught it. There were a couple other plays where the D-Back broke up the play last second. I swear that some people are looking at these plays as "drops". To boot... the Browns play calling and clock management was brutal.That being said, BE was really bad in Week One. Maybe because of missing so much pre-season work. Last night the wind was whipping in that stadium. Anderson couldnt get the ball deep to Edwards if he wanted to. And it was raining a heavy misty rain all night. Pretty tough conditions to expect a big game from a WR.I think that's all the excuses I will make for the dude right now. If he lays another egg in Week 3... might be time to panic.
I'm trying to take an optimistic approach to this as well - he's rusty, field conditions were bad, etc ... still, I have a lot of anxiety about my 3rd round pick now. My WR corps of Moss/Edwards no longer looks as daunting as it once did ...

I own Edwards and not Anderson and in week 1 Anderson was fine. Last night I didn't see where Anderson was so bad as much as the wind and rain being a problem
You must have missed the 2d half of the DAL game. He didn't exactly dazzle. Not buying it was just the wind and rain vs PIT either.However he's a star compared to Stone-hands Edwards. I saw at least 2 drops/passes he shoulda caught vs PIT and didn't even see the whole game. One he heard footsteps and had one of the worst "alligator arms" drops I've seen in some time, like a kid about to get hit by someone twice his size. ???I avoided him due to having Winslow. whew.These guys really, really need JJ.

Edwards always seemed to make the great catch and drop the easy one at UM

he's like TO in that respect

however, if the rest of the offense comes around he'll be fine. He'll still drop some, probably always will, but he'll catch enough. HE is way down on the list of problems for the Browns

Users who are viewing this thread