What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Breaking News: Chad OchoCinco to change back to Chad Johnson (1 Viewer)

Source: ESPN NFL Live

In case folks were wondering what was going on lately with a 4-12 franchise leading up to the Super Bowl. Don't think Chad covered this on Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't find many people that enjoyed Chad more than me, but I think at this point, he's all sizzle, no steak.

OchoCinico or Johnson big deal, now if he changes from No. 85 then that's big news!

This kind of reminds me of someone who got this big old tattoo and a few years later they want to get it removed. I'd be lying if I said I never saw this coming.

I think what Chad is finding out is people think you are funny when you are good....when you are less than mediocre no one cares and you are kind of annoying.

I think what Chad is finding out is people think you are funny when you are good....when you are less than mediocre no one cares and you are kind of annoying.
:hifive:And Marvin is 100% correct. Bill is too smart to deal with Johnson's me-first media starved declining play crap. I think Bill just recently made that point with Welker.

I always referred to him as Chad Johnson so I guess I don't need to do anything. Sweet!

As Bull Dozier mentioned in the Procrastination Thread, "There is nothing for a procrastinator quite like the euphoria of having a situation that you were avoiding resolve itself."

massraider said:
chidoy said:
Haters gonna Hate.....
If Player would occasionally Play, wouldn't be so easy for Haters to Hate. His routine is getting tired, and he doesn't play the position very well any more.
:unsure: :coffee: I love the short term memories of the shark pool. Chad was pretty good in 2009. He was one of my best mid/late rounder who performed like a early/mid rounder. He was a huge part in my fantasy championship run. So he had a down year, I'm not surprised that so many had him overvalued coming into 2010 after his 2009 campaign.

Two things:

1) Your definition "news" is extremely different than mine (and most peoples)

2) Please stop enabling "Brett Favre Syndrome" - BFS is a serious problem and needs to be stopped in it's tracks. TIA.

I'm a Steelers fan, and I love the guy. He just has fun. The guy doesn't drink at all. No drugs. No arrests. What does he do that is so wrong? He is hilarious on Twitter. He was in Spain and randomly gave away some crazy expensive shoes he bought . . . then he posted something like "isn't it a great feeling when you find money in your pocket . . . extra $1200!!" Then he said "well, since I didn't know I had that money anyway, I'll give that to the shoes winner too". How great is that?

I'm a Steelers fan, and I love the guy. He just has fun. The guy doesn't drink at all. No drugs. No arrests. What does he do that is so wrong? He is hilarious on Twitter. He was in Spain and randomly gave away some crazy expensive shoes he bought . . . then he posted something like "isn't it a great feeling when you find money in your pocket . . . extra $1200!!" Then he said "well, since I didn't know I had that money anyway, I'll give that to the shoes winner too". How great is that?
Yeah, throwing punches at your coaches during haltime of a playoff game, and berating your QB on the field is how all kids should act, what a great guy and role model. :angry:

Yeah, throwing punches at your coaches during haltime of a playoff game, and berating your QB on the field is how all kids should act, what a great guy and role model. :excited:
LOL at you digging up unsubstantiated rumors as your examples of being a poor role model.

Yeah, throwing punches at your coaches during haltime of a playoff game, and berating your QB on the field is how all kids should act, what a great guy and role model. :boxing:
LOL at you digging up unsubstantiated rumors as your examples of being a poor role model.
It's not a rumor, it is fact, please know what you're talking about before typing, TIA.

Yeah, throwing punches at your coaches during haltime of a playoff game, and berating your QB on the field is how all kids should act, what a great guy and role model. :thumbup:
It's not a rumor, it is fact, please know what you're talking about before typing, TIA.
Please know the difference between gossip and fact before typing. TIA.

"No, Chad didn't hit me. Chad loves me. I ... I walked into a door. I fell down some steps. Okay, fine, yes, he did hit me, but I deserved it! I provoked him! We still love each other!"

Now people will have to come up with real reasons to criticize him.
Changing your name back because you originally changed it to a number (two numbers, actually) is reason enough.Chad didn't bother me when he was good and he doesn't bother me now. I'd rather see a guy who loves playing the game and appreciates how special this time of his life is than a sour#### like Jay Cutler. I think Cutler was criticized unfairly for the injury, but he doesn't seem to love the game or be having very much fun. I hope Chad carves out a role on a young team that needs guidance. The Jaguars could use a reliable receiver. maybe Chad could be what Holt couldn't.

So now he's doing his own press releases for his philanthropic work?No, he doesn't do it for the attention. :lmao: Am I glad charity gets done? Yes. Am I impressed when someone gives it and then has to draw attention to what they did? No so much.

Yeah, throwing punches at your coaches during haltime of a playoff game, and berating your QB on the field is how all kids should act, what a great guy and role model. :lmao:
Please know the difference between gossip and fact before typing. TIA.
What reason did he have to make it up? How would making that up benefit him? Please take off the blinders...TIA

Visit My Website

On January 9, 2006, we reported on Johnson’s halftime escapades. The denials were swift, and unequivocal. The team said that it won’t comment on rumors. Johnson even held a press conference to proclaim that nothing happened. The Cincinnati media, which at the time was still under the impression that Ocho Cinco wasn’t a Grande Turdo, accepted his version as gospel.

“That sounds like drama,” Johnson said. “At halftime, I was getting an IV. Nothing happened.”

But then others began to corroborate our report, including guys like Dave Lapham and Jay Glazer and Boomer Esiason and Mark Curnutte.

Eventually, Johnson acknowledged that something happened, even though he still denied headlocks or swinging fists. (Most recently, Johnson admitted that Lewis at one point had to restrain Johnson.)

But the point is that Johnson created an unwanted distraction at the worst possible time, and his selfishness helped keep the Bengals from capitalizing on their only trip to the postseason tournament since Esiason led the franchise to a Super Bowl twenty years ago

What reason did he have to make it up? How would making that up benefit him? Please take off the blinders...TIA
No other witnesses have confirmed Smith's claim, and one of the Cincinnati coaches has stated "Chad Johnson never hit Marvin Lewis." So you've got at least 3 people denying that it happened (Johnson, Lewis, and Jackson) but only one person in that locker room claiming that it did happen.That's why it's closer to gossip than it is to "fact".

As for why a former Bengal would make it up......who knows? Who cares? Disgruntled ex-employees can be unpredictable.

Maybe Smith was just trying to deflect questions about his own character issues.

No other witnesses have confirmed Smith's claim, and one of the Cincinnati coaches has stated "Chad Johnson never hit Marvin Lewis." So you've got at least 3 people denying that it happened (Johnson, Lewis, and Jackson) but only one person in that locker room claiming that it did happen.That's why it's closer to gossip than it is to "fact".

As for why a former Bengal would make it up......who knows? Who cares? Disgruntled ex-employees can be unpredictable.

Maybe Smith was just trying to deflect questions about his own character issues.
The only people denying it happened are the 3 with something to lose, and the rest other than Smith haven't said anything either way, the silence is deafening. Why isn't anyone else claiming it didn't happen? Why did other people corroborate the report, like Dave Lapham and Jay Glazer and Boomer Esiason and Mark Curnutte ? You need to wake up man, every prisoner in jail would be free if you were a judge, because nobody there is guilty there either. :goodposting: :goodposting:

The only people denying it happened are the 3 with something to lose
What does Jackson have to lose?
Why did other people corroborate the report, like Dave Lapham and Jay Glazer and Boomer Esiason and Mark Curnutte ?
None of those people were in the locker room, and some of them were just "corroborating" each other's stories! :excited: Look, if you want to hitch your wagon to an unstable dirty player, who likes to fondle other players, who may or may not have quit on his team and may or may not have punched a teammate, was suspended and then cut from the team, be my guest. I'll stick with a witness that actually has some credibility, thanks.

TommyGilmore said:
Sheriff66 said:

It's funny that the link is described as "Johnson never HIT Lewis." Of course, he could have still taken a swing at him.....

Sheriff66 said:
TommyGilmore said:
Sheriff66 said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
Yeah, throwing punches at your coaches during haltime of a playoff game, and berating your QB on the field is how all kids should act, what a great guy and role model. :confused:
Even in that article its self the author asks you to "pretend it's true" to make a point. Interpret that how you want.Regardless, We weren't there, we don't know the situation. This isn't 5th grade, where tommy got pushed at lunch and you heard about it in Math and by then Tommy got a knifed pulled on him.

TommyGilmore said:
Sheriff66 said:

It's funny that the link is described as "Johnson never HIT Lewis." Of course, he could have still taken a swing at him.....
:goodposting: I think it's safe to say that Chad made a violent gesture in Marvin's general direction. But why is that even a big deal? I'd want to punch somebody too if my teammate had just been injured the way Palmer was.

Even in that article its self the author asks you to "pretend it's true" to make a point. Interpret that how you want.Regardless, We weren't there, we don't know the situation. This isn't 5th grade, where tommy got pushed at lunch and you heard about it in Math and by then Tommy got a knifed pulled on him.
Reading issues ?PFT had a YouTube video of the interview that's since been taken down. Fortunately, they did jot down some quotes before it magically disappeared. Here's what Smith said of Johnson:
“He swung on Marvin. . . . [Johnson] shattered the training room glass. . . . He swung on Marvin [and] hit Marvin in the eye. . . . Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who’s now in Baltimore.”

Reading issues ?PFT had a YouTube video of the interview that's since been taken down. Fortunately, they did jot down some quotes before it magically disappeared. Here's what Smith said of Johnson:
“He swung on Marvin. . . . [Johnson] shattered the training room glass. . . . He swung on Marvin [and] hit Marvin in the eye. . . . Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who’s now in Baltimore.”
Im confused what you didn't understand...I already took in all that information. My point was that we weren't there, and we don't know how reliable the first hand source is.

Yeah, Chad needs to start being a better role model like those fellas in Pittsburgh. What are their names? Oh yeah...James Harrison (punched his girlfriend) and Ben Roethlisberger (goes without saying).

Im confused what you didn't understand...I already took in all that information. My point was that we weren't there, and we don't know how reliable the first hand source is.
I, amongst many others, consider eye witness testimony reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread