What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brett Favre owners... (1 Viewer)

Romofan

Footballguy
I'm guessing you've been benching him or dissapointed. Who are you guys starting over Favre and have any of you straight out cut him for another QB - if so who??

At this point I am thinking about just cutting him in favor of a Thigpen/Garrard QBBC combo...

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that most teams with Favre at QB have a better QB already on the roster since you would have been nuts to roster him as your QB1 going into the season. If he was a compliment to Brady, Bulger or Hass or Romo, I could see how you would be struggling, but i do not see how outright cutting a guy with the ability to go off, helps. Why not just grab either Thigpen or Garrard and play them in conjunction with Favre?

At the expense of a WDIS issue, I'd rather have Thigpen right now than Favre - at least for fantasy purposes, of course.

Brett doesn't need to chuck the ball that much with the solid running game/DEF, while Thigpen will probably be forced to the air a lot more even when LJ returns.

Farve is killing me. Romo has been out. I pickup Ryan and never use him. Figure that Frave has nice matchups like vs the Rams. I am dropping Farve, so sick of his inconsistency...bye bye

I was trying to figure out how to create a similar post without making a team management/WDIS thread...

I'm in a redraft, keep one player from last year, and started the season with Brady and Favre. Then added Rodgers after Brady (my keeper) was injured. I dropped Rodgers after the shoulder injury for Orton. I recently added Ferotte. So I have three roster spots clogged with QBs: Orton, Favre and Ferotte. I wasn't so sure about Orton with the home games in the winter weather so I was considering another option. Then the injury to Orton. Problem is, he's too productive and has too much potential to cut him.

Now for Favre, take away his single best and single worst game this year, then looking at his numbers one can see that he just isn't producing fantasy wise. I've debated cutting him for the past three weeks but fear that he'll instantly turn it on. After four or so crappy weeks, I want to cut him and Ferotte and roll the dice with Orton and Thigpen. That is one hell of a gamble in a 6 pt for all tds league but I'm about to roll the dice.

Favre, take away the 6 td game, just hasn't been productive. Under 200 yds passing and one td or less just ain't helping my fantasy squad. AND he hasn't been playing tough competition either!

I originally drafted Favre to be my #1 until I scooped up Warner later on, then had him as a #1 before Rivers started lighting it up.

The Jets had third and goal from the five and ran Leon up the gut for no gain. Why? They are not attacking at all on offense.

The Jets had third and goal from the five and ran Leon up the gut for no gain. Why? They are not attacking at all on offense.
No idea. I've been asking the same thing. I went cheap on QB this year and drafted Hasselback and Kitna late. Needless to say that iddn't work out. Now I have to choose between Favre and Shaun Hill....

I originally drafted Favre to be my #1 until I scooped up Warner later on, then had him as a #1 before Rivers started lighting it up.
:goodposting:Rivers has been lighting it up since week 1. I don't know why you would have started either 1 over him to begin with.
I have Favre in 2 different leagues. One with Warner and Cassel. Favre's only start was that wretched game @ OAK. The 2nd league is with Rivers. I think I've started Favre 3 weeks there, and obviously not his 6TD week go figure.

In my draft I grabbed him early and grabbed Rivers later. I have been riding Rivers and overall he is better. I just grabbed Pennington off the wire but still have favre. I think he may get into a realy shootout this week but I'll probably stick with Rivers against the Steelers D since they wont be able to run against them. I am holding favre more to keep him away from other teams at this point.

Well I was able to grab Thigpen ....but I decided to keep Favre for 2 matchups only - week 13 vs Denver and if I'm still around in week 16 @SEA... until then it's Thigpen and Garrard....

We only roster 2 QB's and I've been holding Brady Quinn waiting for him to get his shot. So I've been using Favre as a stopgap. Now I'll strictly use him as a matchup play. there really isn't a better QB out there. And sure as #### when I cut him, he gets scooped up and have another 6 TD game against me.

We only roster 2 QB's and I've been holding Brady Quinn waiting for him to get his shot. So I've been using Favre as a stopgap. Now I'll strictly use him as a matchup play. there really isn't a better QB out there. And sure as #### when I cut him, he gets scooped up and have another 6 TD game against me.
How about cutting him today so I can feast on that 6 TD game, then I can cut him and bring Matt Ryan off my rookie squad. I fear the same thing as you if I cut him. One of us may as well win. I'm pretty sure I deserve to.

Users who are viewing this thread