What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brett Favre Riding High on the Welfare Train (1 Viewer)

Mister CIA

Footballguy
https://mississippitoday.org/the-backchannel/

First I want to say that I'm proud to support mississippitoday.org with my monthly $10 contribution, and I encourage everyone to support local journalism in their backyard.  The reporter, Anna Wolfe, is a pitbull when it comes to digging into a news story.  

Anyway, it's a long read, but well worth it.  The text messages between Favre and the ex-governor, Phil Bryant, are pretty damning. I'm  pessimistic that either will ever be held to account for their actions outside the court of public opinion, but there are criminal trials related to this ongoing. Who knows what kind of deals the defendants might make if they can further implicate Favre and Bryant, but I hope all guilty parties pay their debts to society in the end.  

The bigger story is that nearly $77 million is unaccounted for.  Most all of this has nothing to do with Favre (save a million here and a million there), but I suspect Bryant might be feeling a little uncomfortable right now.  If he's guilty, I hope he lives out the rest of his life filled with regret.

What a legacy Favre has built - #### pics,  accepting money intended to help people living in poverty to pump up his personal ventures, and playing for the Vikings - haha Packer fans.

First I want to say that I'm proud to support mississippitoday.org with my monthly $10 contribution, and I encourage everyone to support local journalism in their backyard.  The reporter, Anna Wolfe, is a pitbull when it comes to digging into a news story.  

Anyway, it's a long read, but well worth it.  The text messages between Favre and the ex-governor, Phil

Bryant

, are pretty damning. I'm  pessimistic that either will ever be held to account for their actions outside the court of public opinion, but there are criminal trials related to this ongoing. Who knows what kind of deals the defendants might make if they can further implicate Favre and

Bryant

, but I hope all guilty parties pay their debts to society in the end.  

The bigger story is that nearly $77 million is unaccounted for.  Most all of this has nothing to do with Favre (save a million here and a million there), but I suspect

Bryant

might be feeling a little uncomfortable right now.  If he's guilty, I hope he lives out the rest of his life filled with regret.

What a legacy Favre has built - #### pics,  accepting money intended to help people living in poverty to pump up his personal ventures, and playing for the Vikings - haha Packer fans.

Playing for the Vikings should have sent him to prison and not some stupid embezzlement scheme.  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyway, it's a long read, but well worth it.  The text messages between Favre and the ex-governor, Phil Bryant, are pretty damning. I'm  pessimistic that either will ever be held to account for their actions outside the court of public opinion, but there are criminal trials related to this ongoing. Who knows what kind of deals the defendants might make if they can further implicate Favre and Bryant, but I hope all guilty parties pay their debts to society in the end.  

The bigger story is that nearly $77 million is unaccounted for.  Most all of this has nothing to do with Favre (save a million here and a million there), but I suspect Bryant might be feeling a little uncomfortable right now.  If he's guilty, I hope he lives out the rest of his life filled with regret.

And my wife was worried I’d ask him to sign a mini helmet in Christmas Eve mass. He goes to the same church as my wife’s parents. 

Craziest part is that all those things happened after he sobered up, so it's not even like he can blame them on his addiction

Poorest state in the nation and Favre rips off 5 Mil to build his daughter a volleyball building. Is that the conclusion or do I need to read into this?

Poorest state in the nation and Favre rips off 5 Mil to build his daughter a volleyball building. Is that the conclusion or do I need to read into this?
Here's a link to the text exchange between Favre and Nancy New, who recently pleaded guilty to various related fraud charges connected to this story.

Disgusting. I lived in Mississippi from 1991 to 1995. I've never before nor since been surrounded by so much abject poverty and dysfunction than my time there in that state. For Brett Favre to take advantage of his home state like this tarnishes his entire legacy for me. The Jenn Sterger ween pics were a tell, this guy is a garbage human being. May he rot in hell next to Pete Rose and OJ Simpson.

Horse is finally out of the barn on this: Shannon Sharpe has something to say.

I'll leave out my banworthy comments on this matter, but repeating what I previously said, I hope everyone involved feels a lot of heat and regrets their actions, bigly. I want the ex-governor and current governor (was Lt. Gov.) to receive the Blagojevich treatment. The former gov might have spearheaded all this illegal activity, but the new guy is actively trying to cover it up - he fired the MSDH attorney investigating this mess after he subpeoned Southern Miss records (see if you can spot the LDE here). Jackson residents need to clean their own house too, as the local pols are a corrupt bunch too, and highly unfit to lead.

I'll leave out my banworthy comments on this matter, but repeating what I previously said, I hope everyone involved feels a lot of heat and regrets their actions, bigly. I want the ex-governor and current governor (was Lt. Gov.) to receive the Blagojevich treatment. The former gov might have spearheaded all this illegal activity, but the new guy is actively trying to cover it up - he fired the MSDH attorney investigating this mess after he subpeoned Southern Miss records (see if you can spot the LDE here). Jackson residents need to clean their own house too, as the local pols are a corrupt bunch too, and highly unfit to lead.
I’ll agree but having worked in Jackson and lived in the suburbs, we will be waiting the rest of our lives for them to get politicians there to clean it up.

That fat turtle, Mitch McConnell-lite Tate Reeves offered my ex-gf money to sleep with her. And she did. That's her story, anyway. We both slept around on each other the 4 years we dated, but that was a bridge too far for me (I was living in Portland by then, she was still in Jackson). Yuck. That dude is just disgusting.

Appear on Celebrity Apprentice and then later parlay that into a pardon from Trump?

That fat turtle, Mitch McConnell-lite Tate Reeves offered my ex-gf money to sleep with her. And she did. That's her story, anyway. We both slept around on each other the 4 years we dated, but that was a bridge too far for me (I was living in Portland by then, she was still in Jackson). Yuck. That dude is just disgusting.
When was this? He's been married since 2001. Maybe she could sell her story and make a little bit more off that fat turtle.

Here's a link to the text exchange between Favre and Nancy New, who recently pleaded guilty to various related fraud charges connected to this story.

Disgusting. I lived in Mississippi from 1991 to 1995. I've never before nor since been surrounded by so much abject poverty and dysfunction than my time there in that state. For Brett Favre to take advantage of his home state like this tarnishes his entire legacy for me. The Jenn Sterger ween pics were a tell, this guy is a garbage human being. May he rot in hell next to Pete Rose and OJ Simpson.
Pete Rose gets the same spot as OJ. Harsh!

Is there a Cliff Notes on this?
Newly-revealed text messages from 2017 indicate that former Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant, who left office in 2020, was aware of the arrangement, and that the money that was intended to help low-income families. After being funneled through a nonprofit, it eventually went to Favre to help build a volleyball facility at the University of Southern Mississippi, the lawsuit alleges.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ippi-welfare-scandal-latest-news/10387884002/

When was this? He's been married since 2001. Maybe she could sell her story and make a little bit more off that fat turtle.

1995/1996

She ended up marrying one of my friends after we broke up. Trust fund kid. Go figure. Nice miss on my part. She wanted to move up to Portland with me after she graduated.

Tate was a colossal dooooosh of the highest order - member of the racist KA frat. Lucky sperm club member. Always with those rosy red cheeks and chins.

Dude was raping a child. Uh, yeah.....all three can rot in hell.

Is there a Cliff Notes on this?
Favre worked with the governor of Mississippi to divert federal welfare money to build a new volleyball arena for the school his daughter attended. He also received welfare money for giving speeches which it appears he did not give. The Republican government official who investigated it was fired by the new Governor.

Never heard of this. Eeesh.

Never heard of this. Eeesh.

The woman, identified as Jane Doe in 2017, said Rose called her in 1973, when she was 14 or 15, and they had sexual encounters in Cincinnati that lasted several years. She also alleged Rose met her in locations outside Ohio for sex.

Rose's lawyer had said the woman's claims are unverified.

Rose acknowledged in 2017 that he did have a relationship with the woman, but he said it started when she was 16. He also said they never had sex outside Ohio.

At the time, Rose was in his mid-30s and was married with two children.

Brett gonna be remaking a real version of “The Longest Yard” or at least he should be.

That Governor can be on the team too.

Users who are viewing this thread