What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brian Robiskie (1 Viewer)

NorrisB

Footballguy
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — So, Brian Robiskie really can get open, catch the football and be a part of the Browns' offense.All it took was the right quarterback to throw him the ball. What a discovery.Robiskie caught seven passes from Jake Delhomme last Sunday when the Browns squeaked by Carolina, 24-23. Robiskie played a major role in the squeaking, even though the seven catches were for a grand total of 50 yards.Delhomme will start today when the Browns play the Dolphins at 1 p.m. Delhomme and Robiskie working together again, and Joshua Cribbs shaking off a foot injury to be a major part of the offense as well as returning punts and kicks, will be critical for the Browns' chances of winning."We just try to spread the ball around as much as possible," Delhomme said. "I think the biggest thing is you try to take what the defense gives you."Brian did have a very good game (vs. Carolina), especially the last drive making some big catches like he did on some slant routes. He did have a good game along with certainly Mohamed (Massaquoi with four catches)."Robo — it isn't easy to keep a nickname while doing as little as Robiskie has done over two seasons — caught two passes on the drive resulting in Phil Dawson's game-winning field goal. One was for 9 yards to the Panthers' 24. Two running plays gained nothing before Dawson nailed a 41-yard field goal to put the Browns on top."At the end of the day, it's all about winning," Robiskie said on Friday. "I don't know how many opportunities I'll get this week, but no matter what happens, you can't feel like you're not involved if you're not catching the ball. You know you're involved in the running game. You know you're involved in the passing game even if you're not catching passes."This is going to be a tough game. They gave a good team and a great defense."The Dolphins rank sixth in the NFL defensively — 13th vs. the run and fourth vs. the pass. Opponents have scored 14 touchdowns through the air and six on the ground Robiskie is looking for his first touchdown as a pro, but at least he is making progress. The seven catches last week matched his entire 2009 production. He had nine catches this season for 81 yards before his outburst last week."He's a hard-working guy and I'm really happy that he had the production that he had," Coach Eric Mangini said. "Talking about two really young guys (Robiskie and Massaquoi) — young in their career, but they both are the right type of guys. They'll keep getting better as we go on, and I anticipate their production each year to continue to improve as we improve and as they improve."Cribbs did not play when the Browns lost to Jacksonville, 24-20, and he was not part of the offense last week when the Browns needed three rushing touchdowns by Peyton Hillis to beat Carolina.Cribbs hopes to get in on Delhomme's spread-the-wealth plan today. He does not want to talk about the exact nature of his foot injury because he doesn't want the Dolphins to know exactly what is wrong."I can't really hurt it much more," Cribbs said. "It's just a matter of pain tolerance. It's not 100 percent by any means, but it's just a matter of battling through it."Cribbs has 17 catches and has scored one touchdown. He has 16 rushes for 69 yards. His longest punt return was 17 yards and his longest kick return 36 yards. He said he thought he would have broken a long return against the Panthers last week, but he could not cut on his injured foot.The Wildcat was nonexistent in the two games he missed.What: Browns vs. DolphinsWhen: 1 p.m., todayWhere: Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, Fla.Nice fluff piece

Users who are viewing this thread