What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brian Schottenheimer (1 Viewer)

rickyg

Footballguy
How does he still have a job in the nfl? Who is his dad greasing to keep getting him hired? He might be the worst OC I've ever seen.

If fisher wants to save this season first thing he needs to do is fire Schotty and either take over play calling or hire another OC. Period.

I'm calling into work sick tomorrow after watch the pitiful performance. Ashamed to be a Rams fan and that's saying a lot after the years we've had recently.....

love this special package and set of plays he hid all preseason to unleash tavon austin on the league. Tavon run 3 yards and turn around. Catch it and get tackled. Rinse, repeat.

His play-calling has been dreadful everywhere he has been. He has no imagination with his play calls.
Exactly...as a New Yorker, I am very familiar with Schotty...he was absolutely horrific for the jets. I'm a giants fan and I felt bad for my jet fan friends. They were unbearable to watch. Big gaffe for fisher to bring him into stl.

They won't even have a chance at success until he is gone.

Was just coming in here to start this thread.

Lil' Schotty needs to GO! Although I am not sure that's going to help Bradford's accuracy issues.

His play-calling has been dreadful everywhere he has been. He has no imagination with his play calls.
Exactly...as a New Yorker, I am very familiar with Schotty...he was absolutely horrific for the jets. I'm a giants fan and I felt bad for my jet fan friends. They were unbearable to watch. Big gaffe for fisher to bring him into stl.

Yea, Jet fan here, and he's just awful.

The biggest thing with him is he has no signature, and never gets a rhythm going. Are you a running team? A passing team? Balanced? West Coast... what? There's just nothing with him, save for a lot of three-and-outs.

The biggest thing with him is he has no signature, and never gets a rhythm going. Are you a running team? A passing team? Balanced? West Coast... what? There's just nothing with him, save for a lot of three-and-outs.
maybe that's his signature

Exactly...as a New Yorker, I am very familiar with Schotty...he was absolutely horrific for the jets. I'm a giants fan and I felt bad for my jet fan friends. They were unbearable to watch. Big gaffe for fisher to bring him into stl.They won't even have a chance at success until he is gone.

maybe that's his signature
It's all starting to make sense now...keep going 3 and out as quickly as you can so as to lull the defense into thinking you suck...then score a td in garbage time with 4 min left to show them that they were wrong...it's brilliant actually!

It's like the Ali-foreman rope a dope strategy, except Ali wins at the end!

Another Jet fan here. He's beyond awful. He's so far beyond awful that I actually used to think that he was holding back Sanchez.

The guy has no idea what he's doing. Its like he's calling plays randomly.

Wow. That's a shame. The Rams have some really nice weapons to play with, but there is absolutely no creativity in the play calling at all. Extremely vanilla and highly predictable.

So much wasted talent on that team. Except Bradford. It reminds me of a young version of Matt Schaub. Not really a compliment.

So much wasted talent on that team. Except Bradford. It reminds me of a young version of Matt Schaub. Not really a compliment.
Matt Waldman discussed this during the Audible last night with Bradford. He has all the talent in the world but he's never had a steady even remotely good coaching staff and he never had that good veteran receiver that so many of these other young rookie QBs get. RG3 had Garcon and Moss, Kaep had Crabtree, Rogers had Driver, Luck had Wayne, Wilson had Rice, Cam had Smith. None of these guys really 'world class hall of famers' but they're pros who have been around the block and they're guys you can count on to run the right routes and be where they're supposed to be. Which helps build confidence in a young QB. Bradford's never had that, even now he still just has a bunch of young WRs with a lot of talent but they're learning the game with him. Instead of being that essential cog for him to go to when he's in trouble.

Another Jet fan here. He's beyond awful. He's so far beyond awful that I actually used to think that he was holding back Sanchez.

The guy has no idea what he's doing. Its like he's calling plays randomly.
it's like he throws the darks, lights and delicates all into the same washing machine and presses start..

Bradford isn't very good. If he was a 4th round pick starting and performing the way he has he would have been cut. His contract/draft status has kept him in his job. Also doesn't seem they have done much with all the picks they received from the RGIII trade.

Glad I went to bed at halftime seeing I had to be to work at 4:20 am... I was happy about going to bed to as I knew I wouldn't miss much... STL was pitiful and every time they ran the ball they went same way and and gained 0 yards or a half yard.... their passing game was pathetic. Next weeks could be worse with BUFF and CLeveland :cry:

How does he still have a job in the nfl? Who is his dad greasing to keep getting him hired? He might be the worst OC I've ever seen.
Jimmy Raye II could take this offense and take it down a number of notches without breaking a sweat. His resume reads 'I leave a path of destruction behind me'. From 1983-2010 this ###### has destroyed 7 different teams as an offensive, AND I DO MEAN Offensive, co-ordinator.

Bradford isn't very good. If he was a 4th round pick starting and performing the way he has he would have been cut. His contract/draft status has kept him in his job. Also doesn't seem they have done much with all the picks they received from the RGIII trade.
They drafted Austin and Ogeltree with those picks this year. Ogeltree led the team in tackles the first three weeks. That's saying something with Laurinitis on the team. And Austin is well, I don't know. because three yard curl routes completely negate his strengths. How is he supposed to outrun a LB or corner from stop who is running at him full speed? He's fast, but nobody is that fast.

Since becoming an OC in 2006, Schottenheimer's offense have ranked:

25th

26th

16th

20th

11th

25th

23rd

That means, in 7 full season as an NFL OC, his offenses' average ranking is 21st. :lol:

So tell me again why this guy has a job in the NFL?

25th

26th

16th

20th

11th

25th

23rd

That means, in 7 full season as an NFL OC, his offenses' average ranking is 21st. :lol:

Amazing. Just because of his last name.

Dude, trolling only works if the reality isn't more painful than the picture you're painting. We're too busy mourning a season of wasted potential to get worked up over what you are bringing to the table.

They drafted Austin and Ogeltree with those picks this year. Ogeltree led the team in tackles the first three weeks. That's saying something with Laurinitis on the team. And Austin is well, I don't know. because three yard curl routes completely negate his strengths. How is he supposed to outrun a LB or corner from stop who is running at him full speed? He's fast, but nobody is that fast.
Wasn't Austin their own first round pick? The pick they got from the Skins was in the 20's.

25th

26th

16th

20th

11th

25th

23rd

Jimmy Raye has that beat. I believe his best was 15th and that was with Eric Dickerson.

Exactly...as a New Yorker, I am very familiar with Schotty...he was absolutely horrific for the jets. I'm a giants fan and I felt bad for my jet fan friends. They were unbearable to watch. Big gaffe for fisher Rams to bring him Fisher into stl.

fixed.

while Brian Schottenheimer is unqualified to be an NFL OC, Fisher isn't exactly the best HC, either..I'm not sure he was such a good signing by the Rams front office.

Hang 10 said:
TheFanatic said:
Wasn't Austin their own first round pick? The pick they got from the Skins was in the 20's.
Sorry. Still pissed about Austin.

Still, Ogeltree was a nice pick. And I believe they traded down and got Ogeltree and another pick...

TheFanatic said:
Wasn't it Brockers & Ogletree plus the Skins 1st next season?

They should have traded Bradford and taken RGIII in the draft. Then they would have had additional draft picks and a superstar QB on a cheap contract. Poor move by the GM.

They should have traded Bradford and taken RGIII in the draft. Then they would have had additional draft picks and a superstar QB on a cheap contract. Poor move by the GM.
i don't think trading Bradford for even 50 cents on the dollar was even possible nevermind an optionBradford 6yrs 78m Vs RG3 4yrs 21m says it all

Not a good OC, but it's not like he's had much to work with. It's not like Sanchez suddenly became good after Schotty left or Bradford was any good before he arrived.

Straight up nepotism. There are quite a few sons of competent football people that are simply in the league because daddy got them a job. It's ridiculous.

you say that now, but to be fair about it, he's a superstar qb being coached by shanahan -- if schotty was his oc maybe you wouldn't think he was such a deal.

bearing in mind I do think the guy's way better than bradford, but situation matters.

Users who are viewing this thread