What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

British Rapper Zuby - 20 Things I’ve Learned (Or Had Confirmed) About Humanity During The ‘Pandemic' (6/19/22 20:37 PST) (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
TWEETS: ZUBY: XX@XXZubyMusic

20 Things I've Learned (Or Had Confirmed) About Humanity During The 'Pandemic' (THREAD):

1/ Most people would rather be in the majority, than be right.

2/ At least 20% of the population has strong authoritarian tendencies, which will emerge under the right conditions.

3/ Fear of death is only rivaled by the fear of social disapproval. The latter could be stronger.

4/ Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not made the average person any wiser.

5/ Anything and everything can and will be politicised by the media, government, and those who trust them.

6/ Many politicians and large corporations will gladly sacrifice human lives if it is conducive to their political and financial aspirations.

7/ Most people believe the government acts in the best interests of the people. Even many who are vocal critics of the government.

8/ Once they have made up their mind, most people would rather commit to being wrong, than admit they were wrong.

9/ Humans can be trained and conditioned quickly and relatively easily to significantly alter their behaviours – for better or worse.

10/ When sufficiently frightened, most people will not only accept authoritarianism, but demand it.

11/ People who are dismissed as ‘conspiracy theorists’ are often well researched and simply ahead of the mainstream narrative.

12/ Most people value safety and security more than freedom and liberty, even if said ‘safety’ is merely an illusion.

13/ Hedonic adaptation occurs in both directions, and once inertia sets in, it is difficult to get people back to ‘normal’.

14/ A significant % of people thoroughly enjoy being subjugated.

15/ ‘The Science’ has evolved into a secular pseudo-religion for millions of people in the West. This religion has little to do with science itself.

16/ Most people care more about looking like they are doing the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.

17/ Politics, the media, science, and the healthcare industries are all corrupt, to varying degrees. Scientists and doctors can be bought as easily as politicians.

18/ If you make people comfortable enough, they will not revolt. You can keep millions docile as you strip their rights, by giving them money, food, and entertainment.

19/ Modern people are overly complacent and lack vigilance when it comes to defending their own freedoms from government overreach.

20/ It’s easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled.

Bonus thought:

21/ Most people are fairly compassionate and have good intentions (this is good) As a result, most people deeply struggle to understand that some people, including our ‘leaders’, CAN have malicious or perverse intentions (this is bad).

4:36 AM  Jul 5, 2021

https://twitter.com/ZubyMusic/status/1412012537986568193

VIDEO Truth Over Politics: A British Rapper’s View of America | Zuby | The Glenn Beck Podcast | Ep 54  Oct 12, 2019

Zuby is a British rapper, author, and podcast host who went viral after claiming he broke the British women’s deadlift record because he “identified as a woman whilst lifting.” Raised in Saudi Arabia and working in the U.K., Zuby sees the United States as a country that raises its flags high even while plagued by the religion of social justice. Glenn and Zuby compare the U.S. and the U.K., from Boris Johnson and Brexit to the Second Amendment and homelessness. But on both sides of the pond and around the world, people are tired of corruption and want to be heard. Above all, Zuby strives for authenticity and truth in a world that would rather make everything political and polarizing. And he’s using his music and life to spread the message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSzM_DjBXNw

Do you agree with Zuby? Which points and why?

Or if you disagree, which points and why?

I'll leave this here for others to discuss.

20 Things I've Learned (Or Had Confirmed) About Humanity During The 'Pandemic' (THREAD):

2/ At least 20% of the population has strong authoritarian tendencies, which will emerge under the right conditions.

3/ Fear of death is only rivaled by the fear of social disapproval. The latter could be stronger.

4/ Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not made the average person any wiser.

5/ Anything and everything can and will be politicised by the media, government, and those who trust them.

6/ Many politicians and large corporations will gladly sacrifice human lives if it is conducive to their political and financial aspirations.

7/ Most people believe the government acts in the best interests of the people. Even many who are vocal critics of the government.

8/ Once they have made up their mind, most people would rather commit to being wrong, than admit they were wrong.

9/ Humans can be trained and conditioned quickly and relatively easily to significantly alter their behaviours – for better or worse.

10/ When sufficiently frightened, most people will not only accept authoritarianism, but demand it.

11/ People who are dismissed as ‘conspiracy theorists’ are often well researched and simply ahead of the mainstream narrative.

12/ Most people value safety and security more than freedom and liberty, even if said ‘safety’ is merely an illusion.

13/ Hedonic adaptation occurs in both directions, and once inertia sets in, it is difficult to get people back to ‘normal’.

15/ ‘The Science’ has evolved into a secular pseudo-religion for millions of people in the West. This religion has little to do with science itself.

16/ Most people care more about looking like they are doing the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.

17/ Politics, the media, science, and the healthcare industries are all corrupt, to varying degrees. Scientists and doctors can be bought as easily as politicians.

18/ If you make people comfortable enough, they will not revolt. You can keep millions docile as you strip their rights, by giving them money, food, and entertainment.

19/ Modern people are overly complacent and lack vigilance when it comes to defending their own freedoms from government overreach.

20/ It’s easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled.

Bonus thought:

21/ Most people are fairly compassionate and have good intentions (this is good) As a result, most people deeply struggle to understand that some people, including our ‘leaders’, CAN have malicious or perverse intentions (this is bad).

4:36 AM  Jul 5, 2021

https://twitter.com/ZubyMusic/status/1412012537986568193

VIDEO Truth Over Politics: A British Rapper’s View of America | Zuby | The Glenn Beck Podcast | Ep 54  Oct 12, 2019

Zuby is a British rapper, author, and podcast host who went viral after claiming he broke the British women’s deadlift record because he “identified as a woman whilst lifting.” Raised in Saudi Arabia and working in the U.K., Zuby sees the United States as a country that raises its flags high even while plagued by the religion of social justice. Glenn and Zuby compare the U.S. and the U.K., from Boris Johnson and Brexit to the Second Amendment and homelessness. But on both sides of the pond and around the world, people are tired of corruption and want to be heard. Above all, Zuby strives for authenticity and truth in a world that would rather make everything political and polarizing. And he’s using his music and life to spread the message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSzM_DjBXNw

Do you agree with Zuby? Which points and why?

Or if you disagree, which points and why?

I'll leave this here for others to discuss.
Post of the year.   Fine job.

Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not made the average person any wiser.

Once they have made up their mind, most people would rather commit to being wrong, than admit they were wrong.

It’s easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled.
These all seem true. On the first one, I'd say limitless information has probably only made it worse because people are generally not good researchers. You'd think that limitless information would allow everyone to research facts and come to reasoned opinions based on those facts. Unfortunately, most people just continue to reinforce their opinion by only seeking out information that confirms their bias.

People who are dismissed as ‘conspiracy theorists’ are often well researched and simply ahead of the mainstream narrative.
This one seems very debatable. Admittedly people often use "conspiracy theorist" to shout down people with valid, but non mainstream ideas. On the other hand, I doubt flat-earthers are ahead of the mainstream narrative.

On the whole there is some truth to many of those things. But a lot of them are just rephrasings of the same ideas. He could probably narrow this list down to 5 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
squistion said:
Thanks. I have been wondering what British Rapper Zuby had learned or confirmed about humanity during the pandemic.

Aren't you the same guy who posts every possible tweet on Twitter from whatever liberal happens to be trending that day?

19/ Modern people are overly complacent and lack vigilance when it comes to defending their own freedoms from government overreach

There is something to be said about letting the government/schools teach our kids about the what the constitution is and what it means.  

I don't know anything about this person. But on the list:

Disagree with 14 and I think that's kind of a gross way to put it. Some people give up and give in and yield their outcomes to others. But I would never use "enjoy" much less "thoroughly" to describe that.

Very much agree with 16. Talk is easy.  My primary hope for this forum is people go out and actually work towards the things we talk about here. Even if I don't agree with them. Within reason of course. Things happen when we "do" things. Not just talk. 

I don't know anything about this person. But on the list:

Disagree with 14 and I think that's kind of a gross way to put it. Some people give up and give in and yield their outcomes to others. But I would never use "enjoy" much less "thoroughly" to describe that.

Very much agree with 16. Talk is easy.  My primary hope for this forum is people go out and actually work towards the things we talk about here. Even if I don't agree with them. Within reason of course. Things happen when we "do" things. Not just talk. 
Agree with you on the first point. 

On the second, I’m not so sure. Maybe I’m blinded by the people I surround myself with, but in my community, folks are definitely doers more than talkers.  If anything, people tend to be generally quiet about the things they are doing to make a difference.

DISAGREE. I’m sure most people have at least a few non-majoritarian views.

AGREE. For a minority at least, it does feel this way.

DISAGREE.  This is pretty absurd.

MOSTLY DISAGREE.  That said, the effectiveness of limitless information has been undermined by the presence of limitless misinformation.

AGREE. Hard to argue with this one  

AGREE/DISAGREE.  Depends on what is meant by “many.”  I also disagree with “gladly.”

DISAGREE.  Whether or not it’s true, I don’t think most people believe that, at least not categorically.

AGREE.  And it’s unfortunate.

DISAGREE. Indeed, this seems to contradict No. 8.

AGREE/DISAGREE.  Not sure it’s “most,” but I do think that some take this approach if sufficiently frightened.  

DISAGREE.  This has not generally been my experience.

DISAGREE.  Some, but not most.

UNKNOWN. I’m not sure what this assertion means and don’t have the energy to figure it out.

DISAGREE. See JB’s response.

DISAGREE. 

DISAGREE.  Maybe some, but not most.

DISAGREE.  Politics and the media and the business folks in the health care industry, okay, but the scientists and doctors on the ground doing the work  I know too many to agree with this.

SOMEWHAT AGREE.  It certainly makes it easier if you are talking about incremental steps.

AGREE/DISAGREE. Unclear what is meant by “modern people.”

AGREE.  This seems to be the case in many instances.

Bonus thought:

SOMEWHAT AGREE.  I think there is some truth in this.
Interesting post. My quick knee-jerk responses are set forth above. 

Agree with you on the first point. 

On the second, I’m not so sure. Maybe I’m blinded by the people I surround myself with, but in my community, folks are definitely doers more than talkers.  If anything, people tend to be generally quiet about the things they are doing to make a difference.

Thanks. I see that in my real life some too. 

There's a cool ministry in town where 2 sisters make meals and serve folks. I remember about 10 years ago I decided I'd go down and find out all about it and then bring it back to our church and get our folks involved. I was going to be the guy going out and figuring out what needed to be done. 

I walked into the kitchen and there were 5 women from our church cooking. They'd been doing it every week for the past 15 years. What an idiot I was. So yes, there is a good bit of real doing going on. 

Doing is always more difficult than talking. And my hope is we do more doing. 

I think - like a lot of long lists, there is a lot to disagree with and some things to agree with. BB did a very good job going through each one. 

I'll just add that I very much DISAGREE with the following and think the last 8 years have shown us unequivocally that this is FALSE:

I think - like a lot of long lists, there is a lot to disagree with and some things to agree with. BB did a very good job going through each one. 

I'll just add that I very much DISAGREE with the following and think the last 8 years have shown us unequivocally that this is FALSE:

Which part is false, both parts?  I actually think it rings true.

If I'm gonna both sides it, I think both sides have good intentions...and I think they both give each sides leaders way too much credit for always having the best of intentions.

Which part is false, both parts?  I actually think it rings true.

If I'm gonna both sides it, I think both sides have good intentions...and I think they both give each sides leaders way too much credit for always having the best of intentions.

I think the first part is absolutely not true. Most people suck. 

As for the second part, it seems like people are quick to attribute malevolence to politicians. At least those on the other side of the aisle.

I think the first part is absolutely not true. Most people suck. 

As for the second part, it seems like people are quick to attribute malevolence to politicians. At least those on the other side of the aisle.
OK, when he said "each sides leaders too much credit" I think he was implying your own side, not the other side.

I don't think most people suck, most of the loudest ones do, but that is subjective I guess.

OK, when he said "each sides leaders too much credit" I think he was implying your own side, not the other side.

I don't think most people suck, most of the loudest ones do, but that is subjective I guess.

I hope you are right. Its a much more optimistic view and means that there may still be hope for us.

I just don't think you are.

Completely agree. Human nature being what it is, it's essentially futile to try and convince someone how wrong they are or how fooled they've been. 

As a rule, most people generally don't like to admit they were wrong or did the wrong thing. 

Users who are viewing this thread