What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Broncos signed RB Dayne (1 Viewer)

If you think the trading away Droughns was a sign that Bell is the clear starter, think again. I am not equating Dayne to Droughns or Bell, but I'm curious how he will do in Shanahan's system. I've never been high on this guys, but even his fat ### should be able to get through the zone blockings.

Here's the Link

Last edited by a moderator:
he'll break one 35 yd run in the pre-season and the "Dayne Train" will begin again. I wish i could bump all the threads from last year. The hope that dayne owners exhibited was priceless. Here's hoping it begins again and my opponents waste picks on this fat tub of goo :banned:

If I was a Bell owner I'd be laughing my ### off. This just seems to solidify they won't be drafting a RB in the first few rounds, which should secure Bell the starting role.

Bronco fan here finding it real hard to be getting excited about next year.Didn't like the trade of Ruben & I hate the signing of this worthless bag of dung! :rant:

Hey, Denver what with the all love for underperforming will let you down players?Plummer vote of confidence , The cleveland Brown's DL and Ron Dayne. I thought the genral idea for most teams is to get guys who perform at or above thier physical ability.

Bronco fan here finding it real hard to be getting excited about next year.

Didn't like the trade of Ruben & I hate the signing of this worthless bag of dung! :rant:
So you'd prefer to have Droughns over Dayne and Ekuban? If Droughns could run in that offense, Dayne should be able to as well.

So you'd prefer to have Droughns over Dayne and Ekuban?  If Droughns could run in that offense, Dayne should be able to as well.
Only if there was a Big Mac waiting after every run...Edited to add: What a terrible waste of cap and roster space

The Cleveland Browns defensive line, Hayward, Herndon and K. Kennedy defecting to other teams, and Ron Dayne to pair with Bell, Hearst, Sapp and maybe M. Anderson. Yep, I'd be a pretty happy camper if I were a Broncos fan right about now...... :no:

I'd put a late flier on him. He has never really had a shot at the job in NY, and Tiki is no slouch so that could be a part of the reason. He has little competition of any serious quality, so if he does well, he could get that shot in Denver. More than Travis Henry can say right now...

well at least I hope this puts the thoughts of Shananananahan drafting a RB in the 2nd or third round to bed.or not

Looks to me like the idea is clearly take guys with a lot of talent whose price is low due to poor performance in the past, and take a chance that all that talent will pan out.I don't know, I'd rather buy when a guy's stock will never be lower than the opposite (a la Hershel Walker).

If Reuben Droughns and Olandis Gary can look serviceable behind that line, so could Dayne.He was horribly overrated, but he is still somewhere around the #50-#80 RB in the league, which is what you'd expect for a 2nd or 3rd string backup.

I've never quite understood why everybody is so quick to give Ron Dayne such a hard time (bunch of kids on this board with all the fat jokes) :rolleyes: . He's produced alright when given the chance, and he's never really been given the chance to win the starting job with Tiki Barber on his former team. I absolutley love Tatum Bell going into next year and feel Bell has the skillset to fit into the Denver system to be a top 5 back in the league. However, if Bell got hurt, I think Ron Dayne would fit right in like a Mike Anderson player and churn out the yards too. Dayne was a changed man last preseason and trimmed down and showed a step he hadn't in quite some time. Finally being out of New York I expect his motivation level will be high and he'll do well enough to push Mike Anderson out of the door.

Ugh...I just took em in Zealots31, at the end of round 30. I have Bell and Droughns, this whole Denver RB situation has been like a carnival ride, not sure if I'm going up or coming down. :unsure:

I really believe this is decent news for Tatum Bell.. Assuming that T.Bell has the goods, this is a perfect situation, Ron Dayne would be OK behind that line but if Bell is as good as we all hope than Dayne doesn't see the field

I really believe this is decent news for Tatum Bell.. Assuming that T.Bell has the goods, this is a perfect situation, Ron Dayne would be OK behind that line but if Bell is as good as we all hope than Dayne doesn't see the field
This is good news for Tatum Bell. Anyone who follows the Broncos closely knows that Shanahan believes in Bell and fully intends for him to be the "stud buffalo" next year. Shanahan said last year that Bell can be an 1800 yard rusher. I think he'll certainly test his prediction next year. The Ron Dayne signing is solid as he'll provide a healthy backup...Mike Anderson is aging and coming back from injury, I think Mike Anderson is on the way out. I don't see Denver drafting a RB any earlier than the 6th round. My predictions are that Denver will be looking to go S, CB, WR on day one.

I really believe this is decent news for Tatum Bell..  Assuming that T.Bell has the goods, this is a perfect situation, Ron Dayne would be OK behind that line but if Bell is as good as we all hope than Dayne doesn't see the field
This is good news for Tatum Bell. Anyone who follows the Broncos closely knows that Shanahan believes in Bell and fully intends for him to be the "stud buffalo" next year. Shanahan said last year that Bell can be an 1800 yard rusher. I think he'll certainly test his prediction next year. The Ron Dayne signing is solid as he'll provide a healthy backup...Mike Anderson is aging and coming back from injury, I think Mike Anderson is on the way out. I don't see Denver drafting a RB any earlier than the 6th round. My predictions are that Denver will be looking to go S, CB, WR on day one.
I agree.... basically with everything you've said thus far in the thread. I think Den will look to fill CB in the 1st though rather than S.

I really believe this is decent news for Tatum Bell..  Assuming that T.Bell has the goods, this is a perfect situation, Ron Dayne would be OK behind that line but if Bell is as good as we all hope than Dayne doesn't see the field
Agree. :thumbup:

I have Bell in MOX 1 and could not bring myself to pickup Dayne. I'm embarrassed to have even thought about picking him up.

I have Bell in MOX 1 and could not bring myself to pickup Dayne. I'm embarrassed to have even thought about picking him up.
Honestly, I don't think picking up Dayne if you are a Bell owner is a bad idea. I mean anything can happen in a Den backfield and Bell has been prone to injury in the past. Dayne would e a very nice fill in not just for Den, but fantasy teams as well I think.

I have Bell in MOX 1 and could not bring myself to pickup Dayne.  I'm embarrassed to have even thought about picking him up.
Honestly, I don't think picking up Dayne if you are a Bell owner is a bad idea. I mean anything can happen in a Den backfield and Bell has been prone to injury in the past. Dayne would e a very nice fill in not just for Den, but fantasy teams as well I think.
I know you are right, but for me personally, it's a matter of principle. I've always thought Dayne was puke and I still think he is puke. I'd be a hypocrite to pickup Ron Dayne. I had my chance to before he was picked up, but decided against it.

I have Bell in MOX 1 and could not bring myself to pickup Dayne.  I'm embarrassed to have even thought about picking him up.
I know you are right, but for me personally, it's a matter of principle. I've always thought Dayne was puke and I still think he is puke. I'd be a hypocrite to pickup Ron Dayne.
:rotflmao: Certainly understandable.

I would agree that this is probably good for Bell, for reasons stated before (less likely of an early drafted RB).As for those stating that even Dayne can do well behind the line, I tend to disagree. It seems that a big part of Denver RB success has been an ability to hit the hole quickly and decisively, which is certainly not a Dayne characteristic.Maybe he could have some kind of renaissance if given the chance, but I don't see it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get cut before the end of training camp.

I would agree that this is probably good for Bell, for reasons stated before (less likely of an early drafted RB).

As for those stating that even Dayne can do well behind the line, I tend to disagree. It seems that a big part of Denver RB success has been an ability to hit the hole quickly and decisively, which is certainly not a Dayne characteristic.

Maybe he could have some kind of renaissance if given the chance, but I don't see it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get cut before the end of training camp.
Mabye he only plays FB. What kind of blocker is Dayne? With so deep of a RB draft, I expect Denver to draft one in the 4th or 5th rd.

I would agree that this is probably good for Bell, for reasons stated before (less likely of an early drafted RB).

As for those stating that even Dayne can do well behind the line, I tend to disagree. It seems that a big part of Denver RB success has been an ability to hit the hole quickly and decisively, which is certainly not a Dayne characteristic.

Maybe he could have some kind of renaissance if given the chance, but I don't see it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get cut before the end of training camp.
Mabye he only plays FB. What kind of blocker is Dayne?
Hard to say as he hasn't been on the field too much, and when he has, he really never been asked to do so. Even when he got a good amount of carries in his rookie year, he was replaced on passing downs for Tiki.I think he's too "soft" (in more ways than one) to be an effective fullback.

Mabye he only plays FB. What kind of blocker is Dayne?
Hard to say as he hasn't been on the field too much, and when he has, he really never been asked to do so. Even when he got a good amount of carries in his rookie year, he was replaced on passing downs for Tiki.I think he's too "soft" (in more ways than one) to be an effective fullback.
I agree with you on that. Besides, Denver really likes Sapp at FB.Broncos | Pleased with Sapp - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:59:32 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan was pleased with the performance of FB Cecil Sapp last season and he is currently ahead of RB Reuben Droughns on the depth chart at fullback due to his physical style.

Mabye he only plays FB. What kind of blocker is Dayne? With so deep of a RB draft, I expect Denver to draft one in the 4th or 5th rd.
he's certainly good at running into prospective tacklers, but he usually falls down shortly after

Denver will still draft a RB, it will be a 3rd - 6th rounder but that doesn't mean the rookie won't blossem into a starter down the road

Denver will still draft a RB, it will be a 3rd - 6th rounder but that doesn't mean the rookie won't blossem into a starter down the road
Honestly, you could say that about all 32 teams in the league. I don't understand why some of you can't seem to grasp the notion that Shanahan already has his starter in Tatum Bell. He feels so confident in that fact that he demoted and traded away his 1,200 yard back from last year in Reuben Droughns.

Honestly, you could say that about all 32 teams in the league. I don't understand why some of you can't seem to grasp the notion that Shanahan already has his starter in Tatum Bell. He feels so confident in that fact that he demoted and traded away his 1,200 yard back from last year in Reuben Droughns.
Kinda like last year when he was so confident in Quintin Griffin etc that he traded Portis away for a shut sown corner and did what in the draft?

he'll break one 35 yd run in the pre-season and the "Dayne Train" will begin again. I wish i could bump all the threads from last year. The hope that dayne owners exhibited was priceless.

Here's hoping it begins again and my opponents waste picks on this fat tub of goo :banned:
:rotflmao: Like this one...SUPERSTUD Dayne

Classic read right here. "TIKI is done!!!" :rotflmao:

Kinda like last year when he was so confident in Quintin Griffin etc that he traded Portis away for a shut sown corner and did what in the draft?
There's so many things wrong with your comment.1. Shanahan did not trade Clinton Portis for a shut down corner because he was confident in Quentin Griffin. He traded Portis because Portis was threatening to hold out if his contract wasn't renogotiated. Shanahan made the best of the situation and filled another team need by trading a potential problem from the team.

2. Shanahan never showed the public confidence in Griffin that he has in Tatum Bell. Shanahan has publicly stated that Tatum Bell can be an 1,800 yard rusher.

3. With Portis gone is was a no-brainer that Denver would draft a RB early. So what does Shanahan do? He passes on Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones in favor of Tatum Bell in the mid-2nd round, who by the way is the highest drafted back by Shanahan.

Quentin Griffin, got first crack at the job early while Bell was healing his broken finger, but clearly Shanahan is geared to hand the job to Bell next year. Just ask Reuben Droughns.

There's so many things wrong with your comment.1. Shanahan did not trade Clinton Portis for a shut down corner because he was confident in Quentin Griffin. He traded Portis because Portis was threatening to hold out if his contract wasn't renogotiated. Shanahan made the best of the situation and filled another team need by trading a potential problem from the team.

2. Shanahan never showed the public confidence in Griffin that he has in Tatum Bell. Shanahan has publicly stated that Tatum Bell can be an 1,800 yard rusher.

3. With Portis gone is was a no-brainer that Denver would draft a RB early. So what does Shanahan do? He passes on Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones in favor of Tatum Bell in the mid-2nd round, who by the way is the highest drafted back by Shanahan.

Quentin Griffin, got first crack at the job early while Bell was healing his broken finger, but clearly Shanahan is geared to hand the job to Bell next year. Just ask Reuben Droughns.
I see you actually believe what Shanahan states to the media. I'll stop here then - keep believing.

After only reading the first post in this thread, I'm really looking forward to the rest of it

Slash, I'm not saying that the Broncoes don't intend for Bell to be the starter this year, I fully believe that they do and that he will be. I'm saying that the signing of Dayne is not going to stop them from drafting a RB, which I also believe that they are going to do, it will just be later in the draft, much like in previous years.

Like this one...SUPERSTUD Dayne

Classic read right here. "TIKI is done!!!" :rotflmao:
That's some great stuff there. :D
If I was a Tiki owner, I would be feeling a little uneasy now!
The guy looked like Jamal Lewis.
Um. I'm not sure, but isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?
My girlfriend does the EKG's for the Giants (seriously). She said that he does look like he lost some weight. But she may have been distracted by him being naked.

Users who are viewing this thread