What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Buffalo at Detroit*** (9.5, 54.5) Happy Thanksgiving -12:30 kickoff (1 Viewer)

I hate having to play several starters on Thanksgiving, inevitably they fail for one reason or another
Multiple games today compounds the potential bad feelings
Hard to digest and enjoy your turkey
You know it happens some years

-This game has starters up and down both sides.. Star WRs, Josh Allen, multiple RBs, you can't avoid it.
-My stomach is already unsettled and I haven't even had a cup of coffee yet.

2022 home attendance at Ford Field (capacity 65,000)
  1. 64,537 WK 1 PHI loss 35-38
  2. 57,687 WK 2 WAS win 36-27
  3. 63,920 WK 4 SEA loss 45-48
  4. 61,447 WK 8 MAI loss 27-31
  5. 63,379 WK 9 GB win 15-9
Today's game is trending toward a crowd of more than 66,000 for Thanksgiving, potentially the 2nd highest Lions game attendance in Ford Field history.

Ford Field's home-game record attendance was set in 2011, when the team hosted the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football. The 65,000-seat venue packed in 67,861 for that primetime contest. That figure remains safe, but the Lions are expecting a Thanksgiving crowd north of 66,000, and is tracking to top the holiday classic attendance of 66,613 from 2017, which currently checks in as the No. 2 most-attended game at the stadium.

I hate having to play several starters on Thanksgiving, inevitably they fail for one reason or another

I was fortunate enough to have had Barry in a keeper league for several years and after that I had Calvin. So I experienced quite a few good starts on Thanksgiving.
Today I start J.Williams and ARSB. I’m not quite as optimistic this year but it should still be a good day.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 MOP.

Lions are en fuego. Bills went through Hell and high water,er snow to get a win last week.
This could be the best game of the day.

Bills- 43
Lions- 34

I had the Browns hanging with Buffalo because of their run game, and instead they threw the ball all over and hung with Buffalo. I don't really see Detroit hanging, despite their improvements on defense and their more than capable offense. Buffalo has had a whirlwind two weeks, but I don't think it catches up with them here. At 12:30 EDT. On Thanksgiving.

Oooh, the more I type, the more I think Detroit might hang...

No. I'm gonna call it.

Buffalo 37
Detroit 21

I was fortunate enough to have had Barry in a keeper league for several years and after that I had Calvin. So I experienced quite a few good starts on Thanksgiving.
Today I start J.Williams and ARSB. I’m not quite as optimistic this year but it should still be a good day.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 MOP.
Same to you Dave
Enjoy your time with family and friends

2022 home attendance at Ford Field (capacity 65,000)
  1. 64,537 WK 1 PHI loss 35-38
  2. 57,687 WK 2 WAS win 36-27
  3. 63,920 WK 4 SEA loss 45-48
  4. 61,447 WK 8 MAI loss 27-31
  5. 63,379 WK 9 GB win 15-9
Today's game is trending toward a crowd of more than 66,000 for Thanksgiving, potentially the 2nd highest Lions game attendance in Ford Field history.

Ford Field's home-game record attendance was set in 2011, when the team hosted the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football. The 65,000-seat venue packed in 67,861 for that primetime contest. That figure remains safe, but the Lions are expecting a Thanksgiving crowd north of 66,000, and is tracking to top the holiday classic attendance of 66,613 from 2017, which currently checks in as the No. 2 most-attended game at the stadium.
I wish I had known it was easy to get tickets on Thanksgiving in Detroit, I bet they come close to a sellout next year
I would love to take in a game up there and make a 3-4 day trip out of it and see some of the more interesting parts of the city.
I'm sure there has to be folks who have this down to science regardless of how the lions play including some great spots for food after
Go Lions!!
I'm biased today, for sure

-This game has starters up and down both sides.. Star WRs, Josh Allen, multiple RBs, you can't avoid it.

I hear ya, I'm starting 3 Cowboys - Lamb, Pollard, and Maher. Plus Stevenson for NE.
My opponent is starting ARSB and the Bills DST.
I'll know a lot by the time I wake up for Black Friday.

Tre White is ACTIVE

Bills Inactives
LB Tremaine Edmunds
DE A.J. Epenesa
S Cam Lewis
C Mitch Morse
DE Greg Rousseau
LB Baylon Spector
TE Tommy Sweeney

I hear ya, I'm starting 3 Cowboys - Lamb, Pollard, and Maher. Plus Stevenson for NE.
So Pollard no problem today?
Can't expect a repeat of last week so 34 down to 15 would be solid in PPR
I have RS too, CMC, comes down to Pollard/Wilson or RS/Wilson for my Flex, depends on your POV, happy to hear your input on this

Lions Inactives:
CB Jeff Okudah
G Evan Brown
G Jonah Jackson
DL Charles Harris
DL Josh Paschal
DL Michael Brockers

So Pollard no problem today?
Can't expect a repeat of last week so 34 down to 15 would be solid in PPR
I have RS too, CMC, comes down to Pollard/Wilson or RS/Wilson for my Flex, depends on your POV, happy to hear your input on this
Pollard could be a wild card with Zeke getting healthier. If the Giants do DPI in the End Zone then Zeke will be the man. But if the Giants can keep it close then the Boys should keep throwing which makes Pollard more valuable.
I think you have to start CMC. Stevenson mainly depends on what you think Harris will do - do the Pats keep the same rotation as last week, then RS for sure, but if it's 50/50 then not so much. Have to love Wilson against Houston. Also have to like Pollard a lot.
You do have First World Problems here my friend.

Lions missing both starting guards

6’9” Dan Skipper (70), the tallest OG in NFL history, will be in at RG

Not clear if LG will be filled by rookie Kayode Awosika (74) or Logan Stenberg (71)

Okudah is a big loss

2022 NFL season: Six things to watch for in Bills-Lions, Giants-Cowboys, Patriots-Vikings during John Madden Thanksgiving Celebration

Excerpt:

1. Can the Lions rumble their way to an upset of the Bills? Since the early season injury to D’Andre Swift, it has been Jamaal Williams who has carried the load in the backfield for the Lions. He’s now on pace for more than 1,100 rush yards and already nearly as many touchdowns (12) this season as he’s had for the remainder of his career (13). Last week, he scored three times on red-zone carries. So there’s little mystery who is getting the ball when the Lions crash the red-zone party, and they’ve been very good down there this season. Swift has returned to the lineup, gradually receiving more work with each game and also scoring in the win over the Giants. But in a short week, it’s hard to know what all he can offer while still managing a tender ankle. The Bills largely have been good defensively this season, but if you look at a few games in particular -- the Packers certainly and even the Jets game -- certain opponents have had success running the ball against them. Look for the Lions to ride Williams, whose roughshod running style also could harass a Bills defense that played 75 snaps in Week 10 and 83 more on Sunday.
  2. Bills come back to “home” stadium where they won Sunday. In a travel week unlike any other, the Bills received word that epic snow squalls were headed their way. Their Week 11 game was moved in advance to Ford Field, and yet the Bills barely made it out of town in time before the snow hit in Buffalo and the game against the Browns started in Detroit. Beating Cleveland was a big challenge considering the Bills had lost two straight and Josh Allen didn’t look the same as he did during his early-season MVP form. And yet the Bills decided to head back home for a few days before returning for the early Thursday kickoff. Every game is crucial down the stretch for the Bills as they attempt to fend off the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots for the division crown -- and Buffalo heads to New England for a massive game next Thursday. This stretch of the season will be a big test for head coach Sean McDermott and his championship-caliber roster. They’ve been through the ringer a bit in recent weeks, and taking care of business against the Lions prior to three straight AFC East games will go a long way toward showing they are still capable of making a long run in January.

I don’t know if it’s a coaching thing or what, but Buffalo has more dumb penalties that cost them than any team I watch each week.

Users who are viewing this thread