What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Buffalo at Miami** (+4.5) (53) AFC East on the line (1 Viewer)

I feel strongly Tua wants back in……don’t be surprised if he is at the start of the second half.
I believe the protocol means a doctor makes that call and with the woozy legs there is no way it wasn’t a concussion.
Ahh yes….and I agree with that. But I can’t help but think back to when guys like Steve Young and Brett Favre played and they would tell the doctor to “go **** yourself” I am playing.

And they did.
Ancient History

Brett Welfare Favre?

I appreciate that

I don't want to say that but I would also caution the Buffalo fan base that mgiht feel vindicated for so much of their Defense being out

Teddy looked good and we have another guy behind him too
From what I'm hearing from friends, seems like I'm alone in this assessment among Bills fans. I thought it was dirty. It wasn't a hit that normally would injure someone that badly, but it was late, he grabbed Tua and tossed him to the ground.
We must be watching different games. Did you see the replay? He just pushed him and not that hard. He didn’t grab him and toss him to the ground. Where do you get that?
Sucks he got hurt of course.

I feel strongly Tua wants back in……don’t be surprised if he is at the start of the second half.
I believe the protocol means a doctor makes that call and with the woozy legs there is no way it wasn’t a concussion.
According to Dr Chao, outward signs of a concussion mean that he is automatically out. Even if he clears concussion protocol.
Yep……now this game is tainted. With “what if”
Buffalo is missing over half their starting defense. Not sure it was a straight up game to begin with. Hopefully we’ll get a much healthier matchup later in the season. These two teams are heads and shoulders better than the other AFCE teams. Both should be playoff teams. Fun times.

Tua just ran out of the tunnel pumping the crowd up here at HRS
If he returns I sincerely hope he doesn’t get hit again as that is the recipe for long term serious damage (that the NFL claims to be trying to do away with)
Do we really know? Sometimes when you do hit the back of your head you throw your equalibrum off for a few seconds…it does not automatically mean concussion.

Let’s not make broad brush assumptions.

Tua is gonna play. Let’s see what happens.

Tua back in, I hope we aren't mortgaging the future.

I've never seen a guy get up, fall down, walk off to the locker room and return, that's all I'm saying

I might not love Tua as Miami's franchise QB(although I'm starting to pivot), that doesn't mean I want him out there getting himself long term mental heath issues.

I'm very concerned what the NFL is doing on this front right now.

This is proof like @The Duff Man said that the protocol the NFL is using is a complete joke.

I appreciate that

I don't want to say that but I would also caution the Buffalo fan base that mgiht feel vindicated for so much of their Defense being out

Teddy looked good and we have another guy behind him too
From what I'm hearing from friends, seems like I'm alone in this assessment among Bills fans. I thought it was dirty. It wasn't a hit that normally would injure someone that badly, but it was late, he grabbed Tua and tossed him to the ground.
I didn't think it was a dirty play - it's the kind of shove defenders give QBs all the time. It was clearly roughing the passer though - that does get called every time.

I can't believe Tua came back in the second half - looked like an obvious concussion. I'm starting him this week so glad for that - plus hate to see anybody get a concussion.

per multiple reports
per multiple reports
I knew it. Captain…..showing he is a captain. Old school **** and I love it.
No one is supposed to return after a concussion
I’m no Dr, but it sure looked like he had a concussion
Apprently real doctors are disagreeing with tv viewers assements.

Come on. In this day and age all the protocols….and he is out there….so what the Doctors are now lying?

I've never seen a guy get up, fall down, walk off to the locker room and return, that's all I'm saying

I might not love Tua as Miami's franchise QB(although I'm starting to pivot), that doesn't mean I want him out there getting himself long term mental heath issues.

This is proof like @The Duff Man said that the protocol the NFL is using is a complete joke.
I guess so……but Tua is getting mad respect from me.

Heart and balls…..kid is winning me over each week.

They skipped the tent evaluation (from what I saw) and brought him straight back to the locker room for the 2 doctor administered long concussion exam. It's done with a tablet, very comprehensive. Whether he goes back in is dependent on his results on that and if he has any red flag self reported symptoms. You don't keep players out based just on film, excepts in cases of impact seizure and gross motor instability. That really looked like gross motor instability to me on the TV feed..........

Cook is a future weapon for the Bills….he needs to play more in the passing game.

He is a better pass catcher and RAC guy than Singletary….by a mile.

You and I went to the school of "until we have something better" which is why we are always looking for something better

And Tua is starting to look like a talented NFL QB that might not win every game but gives you a fighting chance, when's the last time we could even say that?

Oh that South Florida heat mixed in with a big time hit from Wilkens…..lol….Knox got rocked.

Let me fake a cramp to get my head together lol.

You and I went to the school of "until we have something better" which is why we are always looking for something better

And Tua is starting to look like a talented NFL QB that might not win every game but gives you a fighting chance, when's the last time we could even say that?
Last time? We know that answer. #13

per multiple reports
per multiple reports

Come on. In this day and age all the protocols….and he is out there….so what the Doctors are now lying?
I’m not accusing anyone of anything, but ….. that was ****ing scary

per multiple reports
per multiple reports

I’m not accusing anyone of anything, but ….. that was ****ing scary
I agree with you….it did not look good intially.

We got another shootout man….can you feel it? Like Marino vs Kelly….this is what is happening in the second half.

Users who are viewing this thread