What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Buffalo at Miami** (+4.5) (53) AFC East on the line (1 Viewer)

You're not a lifelong Phins fan if you thought this game was wrapped up in any way, shape or form

Buffalo 22
Miami 21

It's coming...and we won't be able to stop the clock

If he hadn't hit the dudes *** with that punt, Buffalo probably gets the ball on the 30 yard line and needing 30 yards to win.

The safety made Buffalo go even further than that, just for a CHANCE to win.

That helped them.

If he hadn't hit the dudes *** with that punt, Buffalo probably gets the ball on the 30 yard line and needing 30 yards to win.

The safety made Buffalo go even further than that, just for a CHANCE to win.

That helped them.
I agree with the safety. Their whole plan that drive should have been to bleed as much time as possible ending with a safety if they didn't make progress. Got lucky with an accidental one, but better play calling on 3rd and 4th could have taken ~50 more seconds off the clock

Definitely home field advantage. Like when Brazil plays Bolivia in LaPaz. Let's see how the weather is in December when Miami goes to Buffalo.

What a slugfest and just brutal game. Honestly I would have preferred to get blown out without all the injuries though.
Look forward to No 2 and what I believe will be No 3 in the post season

From MoP to Bills Mafia...you guys are awesome and I love the vibe, forgive us for not acting like we've been here before because most of us cannot

I do regret all injuries today both sides both prior and during, it only weakens the match ups later in the season.

No Buffalo No Miami, the Bills push us to be stronger and better, you can feel it.

Cheers and we will see you in Orchard Park towards the end of the year.

Get well please

Josh Allen just went down a huge notch for me

...whatever happens to him the rest of the game

Total Bull Honkey on a guy that should not do it.
So, if an opponent is squeezing your satchel in a pile up what would you do?
As I said, that would explain things and I did not get graphic, I truly admire him. I just was stunned to see him grabbing a DT helmet/facemask and knowing that without even seeing it, i believe all of you and again that explains why he did that. Understood.

You all will get some revenge in December, trust me. You don't win Super Bowls in September

I truly believe this will set the bench mark for Buffalo and I feel sorry for whoever they play the next few weeks

Every team needs something to chew on and rally around, I doubt they lose a game for several weeks.

Even when it was 14-14 at halftime it felt like Buffalo was whopping us, I'm just telling you how it felt.

I mean, a bunch of Bills injured going into the game. Then more injuries during the game, some due to the heat (which we need to fix). Missed opportunities like the Davis dropped RD (good D play but still should have had it), dropped pick six, missed FG, screwed up FG possibility at the end of the half, Josh getting a 15 yard penalty and not really being that good today. And we still almost won? I guess I have to take that. We'll see them in Buffalo in December.

Entertaining game, and Tua played well. My main takeaway is that Miami's starters vs. Buffalo's second string is a tough, competitive dogfight. Not worried about anything at this point.

(That's not a dig at Miami -- they're a playoff team. Just that you can see the talent gap.)
Only laughing because you're right

:thumbup:

I mean, we had our fourth string C in there at one point. Morse didn't dress, Van Roten got hurt, Bates was already hurt, and here comes freaking Mancz.

Entertaining game, and Tua played well. My main takeaway is that Miami's starters vs. Buffalo's second string is a tough, competitive dogfight. Not worried about anything at this point.

(That's not a dig at Miami -- they're a playoff team. Just that you can see the talent gap.)
On the 50th anniversary of the Dolphins undefeated 1972 season, Bob Griese and Company will take this win versus the team most likely to go undefeated this year. The talent gap is biggest at QB, otherwise it's a wash when you add up all the other positions, IMO.

Injuries and the heat did not help, but the Bills since the start of last season are 0-7 in games decided by 7 points or less. They can blow your doors off, but if you can keep it close, they have a knack for finding ways to not win when it's close. No clue what the solution is, but it is hard to see them as the SB favorite many have made them out to be when they are this bad in close games.

I truly believe this will set the bench mark for Buffalo and I feel sorry for whoever they play the next few weeks

Every team needs something to chew on and rally around, I doubt they lose a game for several weeks.

Even when it was 14-14 at halftime it felt like Buffalo was whopping us, I'm just telling you how it felt.

good teams find a way to win without playing a perfect game

good start, keep going Fins! good team down there in Miami Gardens

Dov Kleiman
@NFL_DovKleiman
#Bills coaches have lost it after the loss.

LINK to video
UM Alum
Love Dorsey's contribution
Love. Dorsey's work as an NFL coach

That said, bad look if you ask me, looked very out of control and I worry about those around someone like that.
Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing. I wonder how Lombardi was after a close loss.

BTW, I've heard that Dorsey is interested in GMing at some point. With Allen as his QB, he should get a head coaching offer in the near future.

Good gutsy win by Miami. Milano’s dropped pick 6 and the suspect play calling at the goal line along with Allen’s terrible pass really hurt. Miami made one great defensive play that lead to the strip sack and one great offensive play (the bomb to Waddle on 3rd and long) were the difference makers.

Dov Kleiman
@NFL_DovKleiman
#Bills coaches have lost it after the loss.

LINK to video
UM Alum
Love Dorsey's contribution
Love. Dorsey's work as an NFL coach

That said, bad look if you ask me, looked very out of control and I worry about those around someone like that.
Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing. I wonder how Lombardi was after a close loss.

BTW, I've heard that Dorsey is interested in GMing at some point. With Allen as his QB, he should get a head coaching offer in the near future.
Shoe in for interviews in January and perhaps prior

-Doesn't make him look good acting like a cry baby is all I'm saying.

Wow - crazy game. Josh Allen is a PIA to play against - so good.

That 45 yard pass to Waddle on 3rd and 22 was the biggest play of the game for the Dolphins.
The injuries, heat and Dolphins D only gave up 3 pts in the 2nd half.
Credit the Dolphins OLine for only letting up 1 sack on the day - even though they didn't have the ball much. They had guys hurt and switching positions. Von Miller was contained.

This game turned out to be like Ali's rope-a-dope versus the bigger and more powerful Foreman. I don't recall much cramping during the UM game the previous afternoon, nor during the 1pm NE game 2 weeks earlier with an even higher heat index. This game was different, as the BUF offense was on the field for 40 minutes, including multiple long drives. The refs even let the Bills treat a cramp on the field when a Bill's player was just a couple of feet from the sidelines, effectively giving both teams a chance to rest and hydrate.

The Bills odds of being the #1 seed in the AFC may have increased with the loss, as KC also lost. The BAL offense and Lamar are playing great, but their defense is no match for BUF. We'll see next week when they face each other. Meanwhile, 3-0 Miami will be a 2 point dog @ CIN on Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread