What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buffalo Bon Jovis? Reportedly interested in buying team. (1 Viewer)

This is an interesting story. Apparently he has been screwing other band members out of money the last few years so he can save every penny for this purchase. Sambora quit/got kicked out of BonJovi over this issue.

As part of his proposal he suggested "Lay Your Hands on Me" be played after every roughing the passer call the Bills receive in their favor.

I went back through my Twitter feed to try to see exactly who the guy was that said it, but Buffalo's mayor or Councilman or something or other basically said that there is little chance of the deal. The Bills signed a new 10 year lease with the city of Buffalo this year and if the city chooses to enforce it the Bills would have to pay $400M to buy it out.

if he does i hope that he changes the name of the team to the dan synders stink the bag so that dan syndyer can see how it feels take that to the golden rule bank brohans

Wait 'til he has to stand out in the -7800 Fahrenheit weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
if he does i hope that he changes the name of the team to the dan synders stink the bag so that dan syndyer can see how it feels take that to the golden rule bank brohans
Isn't it "suck the bag"?

Wait 'til he has to stand out in the -7800 Fahrenheit weather.
Bon Jovi wears fur coats made from the pubella of his millions of female minions.

dat heat.

First of all, all the riffs are hilarious. That aside...

Small market teams with ownership in its far later years (Wilson and the Bills, Benson and the Saints...) have to figure out how to transition the ownership so that the team does not leave town.

Ideally this means some chosen heir, or child, inheriting the majority ownership.

However - sometimes the children aren't up to it, or the inheritance taxes, federal or especially in some states where the taxes are egregious (NY State???) are extremely high, and those factors can make transfer within the family - and keeping the team in town - prohibitive. What could happen is the team gets moved as a result.

This, is a problem.

I can't remember the situation with Ralph Wilson's family, isn't there a daughter or granddaughter involved somehow?

Last edited by a moderator:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
First of all, all the riffs are hilarious. That aside...

Small market teams with ownership in its far later years (Wilson and the Bills, Benson and the Saints...) have to figure out how to transition the ownership so that the team does not leave town.

Ideally this means some chosen heir, or child, inheriting the majority ownership.

However - sometimes the children aren't up to it, or the inheritance taxes, federal or especially in some states where the taxes are egregious (NY State???) are extremely high, and those factors can make transfer within the family - and keeping the team in town - prohibitive. What could happen is the team gets moved as a result.

This, is a problem.

I can't remember the situation with Ralph Wilson's family, isn't there a daughter or granddaughter involved somehow?
His daughter was the one being groomed to take things over. She died of cancer not that long ago. The odds are very high that the team will be sold. But I don't think it will just be a highest bidder type sale. I expect Jim Kelly and a few of those older guys to be a part of a group that puts forward a strong offer.

And the new 10 year lease was a big step in the right direction. $400M to break the lease is a huge chunk of change. If you add the $400M to the $800-900M it would cost to buy the team and toss in the cost to partially finance a new stadium somewhere else, you're looking at close to $2B to purchase and move the team. I'm not sure anyone's paying that

Users who are viewing this thread