What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bulger forward looks pretty darn good (1 Viewer)

pigskinliquors

Dr. Parrothead
Bulger's schedule to date has been fairly difficult, while is looks pretty tasty forward:

9- Arizona (#1 worst pass D)

10 - @ Jets (10th worst)

11 - @ SF (16th worst)

12 - Chicago (19th worst)

13 - Miami (7th worst)

14 - @ AZ (worst)

15 - Seattle (6th worst)

16 - SF (16th worst)

With Pace now back in the line-up, S-Jax most likely healthy after his personal bye week, and the emergence of Avery as a legitimate WR (not to mention how this team has turned it around w/ Haslett); I believe that Bulger is worth carrying if you have the roster spot. With the problems that offensive line has been having I don't expect him to be a top 10 QB from here forward, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a top 15 qb from here on out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bulger (ARI) and Pennington (@DEN) will be popular pickups this week for Brees and Rivers owners needing bye week coverage. I'm debating these two, anyway. :)

The key for Bulger will be to get the ball out to Avery before too much time has passed. He cannot afford to wait too long and then go deep to Avery as his deep ball is not the same as it used to be, but get it out quick and let Avery go get it and the combo is money.

Even though Holt cannot get separation like he used to, he will still draw the top coverage corner for the rest of the season.

Traded him for Owen Daniels late last week and now after watching him play well and Avery emerge, kind of wishing I held on to him for an emergency. Def. could be a key QBBC guy down the stretch.

WAIVERS?!?

12 man roster limits?!?

Here are the QBs available in my league, as an example: Russell, Orlovsky, Fitzpatrick, Thigpen, Wallace.

I drafted Bulger, dropped him after he was benched and picked him back up on waivers this week. He may well end up starting for me in playoffs, if I make it that far, due to schedule and lack of other choices.

I scooped him off the WW to use as a filler for Brees and to prevent opponents from getting him due to his upcoming schedule. He should make for a nice 2nd half QB. Here's hoping he continues to play well.

Picked him off of WW, and starting him over Brett "Turnover" Favre this week, and maybe forward if he performs.

I too was one of the many who grabbed him a few weeks back to cover Brees' bye week. If he gets me 2 TDs and like 200 yds. I'll be happy.

Bumping for some additional discussion, as I am now on the market for another QB with the Schaub announcement and, based on schedule and recent play, Bulger would be close to or at the top of the list of possible pickups.

Would seem yesterday may have been a step back, but did not watch the game, so looking for some insight.

I picked him up immediately once he cleared waivers. Before him, I had Big Ben and Hasselbeck. Now I have Bulger, Ben and Garrard.

Too bad I didn't start Bulger this week. Wouldn't be sweating the monday night game as much had I played him.

I also own SJax and hope that things continue well for them. Haslett seems to be a positive coach and Bulger looks like his old self. Now if SJax can get healthy, they should rack up some nice points in the next 6 weeks.

Bumping for some additional discussion, as I am now on the market for another QB with the Schaub announcement and, based on schedule and recent play, Bulger would be close to or at the top of the list of possible pickups.Would seem yesterday may have been a step back, but did not watch the game, so looking for some insight.
looked absolutely terrible yesterday, at home, against a fairly weak defense. Not too high on him prospects...

Bumping for some additional discussion, as I am now on the market for another QB with the Schaub announcement and, based on schedule and recent play, Bulger would be close to or at the top of the list of possible pickups.Would seem yesterday may have been a step back, but did not watch the game, so looking for some insight.
looked absolutely terrible yesterday, at home, against a fairly weak defense. Not too high on him prospects...
a weak defense that stopped the run early. Once SJax was out in the 2nd half, they played pass defense against a low ranking OL.

a weak defense that stopped the run early. Once SJax was out in the 2nd half, they played pass defense against a low ranking OL.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, that his performance was an anomoly or that the D palyed them well. Regardless, their offense is pretty brutal. Unless SJax is 100% healthy and running a muck, I would expect very little from any of the rams the rest of the way. At home against a very weak D and they looked like crap. Not a good sign. One would think that once they fell behind so much, Bulger would be airing it out. I can't recall that many 3 and outs in a game in my life...

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, that his performance was an anomoly or that the D palyed them well. Regardless, their offense is pretty brutal. Unless SJax is 100% healthy and running a muck, I would expect very little from any of the rams the rest of the way. At home against a very weak D and they looked like crap. Not a good sign. One would think that once they fell behind so much, Bulger would be airing it out. I can't recall that many 3 and outs in a game in my life...
Bulger had his best game of the season when SJax didn't even play.

Bulger had his best game of the season when SJax didn't even play.
dunno which game you are referring to, though I'm assuming its the NE game. 304 yards, thats great. 1 td, 1 int, rating of 81. His best game, rating wise, was against dallas, another fairly terrible D, where he threw for 163 and a touch. passer rating of 118 because of comp % and no ints. These are hardly quality fantasy football starts. You can spin it however you like, but he is playing terribly. And when a rams qb plays terribly at home against a weak D, plays as terribly as he did, it points to one thing. He will not be a reliable contributer on anyone's fantasy team this year. Trust me, i started him in 3 leagues this week, and his end production was servicable, but watching the game, you just can't take a chance with bulger, down the stretch, when he can just throw up 170 with 2 ints and zero td against middle of the road Ds. Not at this stage of the season...

Bulger (ARI) and Pennington (@DEN) will be popular pickups this week for Brees and Rivers owners needing bye week coverage. I'm debating these two, anyway. :)
When in doubt go with the guy with the higher completion percentage, fewer INTS, higher passer rating. i.e., Pennington.he's not lights-out, but he doesn't turn the ball over and is a quality starter, as opposed to Bulger who is mistake prone, and is ranked 26th to Pennington's 7th in QB ranking on NFL.com.

He is playing just horrendously. Just terrible. Worst starting qb in the league right now. Thigpen is easily outplaying him. The team is in shambles. THe line is garbage. The playcalling is garbage. All they have is sjax, and honestly i can't see any team letting him get off. I'd stack 11 in the box and take my chances with the rook or holt on the outside. They don't play with much heart either. Just utter shambles. That org needs to start rebuilding next year. Tear it all down and build around sjax. Him and avery. I don't see bulger as being anything beyond a mediocre qb with that team even down the road...

It's almost like the whole team is petulant. Bulger misses Martz and Bruce. Holt misses his knees and feels like he's being treated unfairly. The whole team misses Jackson. And they all realize that there's no chance to win this year. Remember when they changed head coaches and suddenly looked good? This team is good enough to win games. They just don't try that hard. It's a sick team, and it won't get better until they make substantial changes.

Users who are viewing this thread