What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Burning Schaub's jersey in the parking lot (1 Viewer)

I wondered if a few of his teammates took part?

Schaub has been and will continue to be the reason the Texans are a wannabe.

As a Colts fan, I will him a long and average career!

Schaub deserves to get some serious blame, and should honestly be on the hot seat. 3 pick-6's in the last 3 games is unacceptable. 6 INTs overall. And in the CRUCIAL situations that he threw the one today and v Tennessee. Dude is literally giving their games away.

Burn his jersey, trash him on sports radio, whatever. He deserves it for his play.

Does that ever even work? No GM/coach is going to give in to fan protests. Meanwhile the QB gets rattled/pissed and either sucks worse and still stays or he angsts his way into a good game or two, prolonging the agony. People may be upset but he's probably still the best bet for them to win this season. If they change, it's probably a bad sign for the season's prospects.

That was actually Mark Sanchez playing in a Schaub jersey the last three weeks. Next week will be the butt fumble game for the Texans. Yes... I am a disgruntled Jets fan lol

Schaub is not great but he didn't call the play. He stupidly executed it but the coaching staff called that play. Kubiak is problem #1. he has no balls and no killer instinct.

Those fans should be ashamed of themselves.........................for owning a Schaub jersey in the first place.

Schaub is not great but he didn't call the play. He stupidly executed it but the coaching staff called that play. Kubiak is problem #1. he has no balls and no killer instinct.
I think Kubiak has many issues but I don't put the blame on him in this case. The game wasn't over yet and the play call was a pretty safe one that had the ability to gain modest yardage and keep the clock moving. If it wasn't there, you take the sack and move on. Schaub literally did the worst thing possible and panicked.

I think Kubiak has many issues but I don't put the blame on him in this case. The game wasn't over yet and the play call was a pretty safe one that had the ability to gain modest yardage and keep the clock moving. If it wasn't there, you take the sack and move on. Schaub literally did the worst thing possible and panicked.
The hawks did know that play was coming. Sherman and Carroll said they practiced against that play/formation during the week because they knew Kubiak liked to call it on 3rd and short. They saw that formation and dialed up the blitz by Kam. I guess in practice Sherman intercepted it and took it to the house as well.

A disgruntled Texans fan called into Sirius this morning saying how sick he was of Schaub. He said that there's a veteran QB who's out there and available. I immediately shuddered thinking he was going to mention Tebow. But when he said the name "Vince Young", Scott Pioli's reaction was classic - "Oh, My. Did you really just say that? Have you seen Vince Young play?"

Probably a UT fan remembering the glory days before watching what Mack Brown has been trotting out there the last few seasons.

A disgruntled Texans fan called into Sirius this morning saying how sick he was of Schaub. He said that there's a veteran QB who's out there and available. I immediately shuddered thinking he was going to mention Tebow. But when he said the name "Vince Young", Scott Pioli's reaction was classic - "Oh, My. Did you really just say that? Have you seen Vince Young play?"
I seriously think Favre could take the Texans further this season.

QB is not like RB or WR, you can't just get a guy off the street, or make a trade and plug him in there. Either they give Yates/Case a try, or we are stuck with the pick6 machine.

Callers like that are the reason they take calls on radio shows. We don't want to hear a smart comment. We want crazy. :cool:

Does that ever even work? No GM/coach is going to give in to fan protests. Meanwhile the QB gets rattled/pissed and either sucks worse and still stays or he angsts his way into a good game or two, prolonging the agony. People may be upset but he's probably still the best bet for them to win this season. If they change, it's probably a bad sign for the season's prospects.
A large percentage of our fans are embarrassingly dumb. It's one of the big reasons I stopped going to live games.

But I guess you could say that about a lot of teams fan base.

Probably a UT fan remembering the glory days before watching what Mack Brown has been trotting out there the last few seasons.
Probably the same guy that took out a full page ad in the newspaper begging the Texans to draft him all those years ago.

This is highly ironic.

Calling a pass play on 3rd and 4, as opposed to a run play, is the very definition of "killer instinct"--instead of running and punting, you are going for the first down.

I loved the call. Schaub's just not good enough to execute it.

That said, as a Texans fan I want them both gone.

The hawks did know that play was coming. Sherman and Carroll said they practiced against that play/formation during the week because they knew Kubiak liked to call it on 3rd and short. They saw that formation and dialed up the blitz by Kam. I guess in practice Sherman intercepted it and took it to the house as well.
Probably needed some Adderall to put in the time necessary to deduce a team using a play action roll out on 3rd and short.

This is highly ironic.

Calling a pass play on 3rd and 4, as opposed to a run play, is the very definition of "killer instinct"--instead of running and punting, you are going for the first down.

I loved the call. Schaub's just not good enough to execute it.

That said, as a Texans fan I want them both gone.
Killer instinct would be calling a deep pass on that play, not a pass throw across the field under pressure. That call was pure stupidity.

Probably needed some Adderall to put in the time necessary to deduce a team using a play action roll out on 3rd and short.
Either that or he saved the adderall for last night to stay up late and celebrate that win in the club.

Is Kubiak to blame for the pick sixes Schaub threw in 3 of the prior 5 games?

Actually it was a bad call because the Seahawks had scouted it as a tendency for Kubiak. In big situations, you have to go against your tendencies. But as others have pointed out

it was terribly executed by Schaub, and he is a very mediocre QB right now. Somebody said he is their best chance to go anywhere this year. I think, at best, the Texans finish the way

they did the last 2 seasons with a divisional round playoff loss. However, the way Schaub is playing right now, they won't even make the playoffs. Give Yates or Keenum a shot to let the

players know that everyone is accountable for how they play. If they stink, go back to Schaub.

That pick 6 was just the boneheaded decision of the year - you have to eat the ball there.

Up 7 if you're in trouble in the pocket you don't make a desperation throw to an out pattern.

-QG

FWIW, I can remember seeing people burning his jersey in the parking lot 3 years ago after the Monday Night OT loss to Baltimore too. Schaub threw a pick 6 in OT after he had led the team back from a 21 point deficit and forced the OT. Guess it just didn't make the news back then.

dhockster said:
My question is: Why would you have bought a Schaub jersey in the first place?
jsharlan said:
Those fans should be ashamed of themselves.........................for owning a Schaub jersey in the first place.
thanks, I'll be here all week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it. Schaub actually didn't do too bad, he just had a premature Manning moment (throwing a bad pick at a bad time). He was going up against the strongest defense in the league and BEAT them for the majority of the game. Cut him a bit of slack, he just needs to get in rhythm after getting injured.

On the other hand, you Texans fans should probably all start burning your Ben Tate jerseys. His fumble was the catalyst for the Seattle comeback, and he probbably won't even be on the team next year barring a career ending injury to Foster.

I don't get it. Schaub actually didn't do too bad, he just had a premature Manning moment (throwing a bad pick at a bad time). He was going up against the strongest defense in the league and BEAT them for the majority of the game. Cut him a bit of slack, he just needs to get in rhythm after getting injured.

On the other hand, you Texans fans should probably all start burning your Ben Tate jerseys. His fumble was the catalyst for the Seattle comeback, and he probbably won't even be on the team next year barring a career ending injury to Foster.
Obvious that you don't follow or watch the Texans. Schaub was injured in 2011. In fact, early in 2012, he looked like boring but efficient Schuab who fits the Texans system. As the 2012 progressed (follow me), schuab's play regressed and was the worse at the end of the season when the Texans needed like one game to have home field advantage and go figure played other teams that made it to the playoffs.

We are now in 2013 (two seasons removed from his foot injury) , and while there are literally worse guys in the league, Schaub is doing what mid-level game manager type QBs can't do...making critical turnovers. Fans are frustrated because the Texans probably had a three season window (2011-2013) where everything was in place for them to make a Superbowl run. That window is closing right now mostly because an average to ok QB pushing the window closed with pick 6 interceptions and fetal position sack taking.

RUSF18 said:
ImTheScientist said:
RUSF18 said:
lod01 said:
Bitter party of one! You're table is ready!

Obvious that you don't follow or watch the Texans. Schaub was injured in 2011. In fact, early in 2012, he looked like boring but efficient Schuab who fits the Texans system. As the 2012 progressed (follow me), schuab's play regressed and was the worse at the end of the season when the Texans needed like one game to have home field advantage and go figure played other teams that made it to the playoffs.

We are now in 2013 (two seasons removed from his foot injury) , and while there are literally worse guys in the league, Schaub is doing what mid-level game manager type QBs can't do...making critical turnovers. Fans are frustrated because the Texans probably had a three season window (2011-2013) where everything was in place for them to make a Superbowl run. That window is closing right now mostly because an average to ok QB pushing the window closed with pick 6 interceptions and fetal position sack taking.
Great post. Spot on.

You clearly don't watch much Matt Schaub, are you not aware this is his 3rd pick6 in a row?

Drunk Texans fans, lol. Compared to how terrible this team used to be, these fans are SPOILED.
No one can call a Houston sports fan spoiled in any regard. If it wasn't for the Dream and the Rockets we'd basically be the Detroit of the South.

lod01 said:
Exactly. They call a bootleg and he has to turn his back to the line of scrimmage so he can't read the defense. Bad throw for sure, but bad call.

Shouldn't the fans also be burning Andre Johnson's jersey for dropping an easy pass in OT? Or how about the entire defense for giving up 80 rushing yards to Wilson?

lod01 said:
Exactly. They call a bootleg and he has to turn his back to the line of scrimmage so he can't read the defense. Bad throw for sure, but bad call.

Shouldn't the fans also be burning Andre Johnson's jersey for dropping an easy pass in OT? Or how about the entire defense for giving up 80 rushing yards to Wilson?
When he drops 3 passes in 3 games in a row that instantly lead to 21 pts for the other team, we will start considering it.

Users who are viewing this thread