What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Business Idea - Comparing News Sites Home Pages (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Talking about different news sites and how they compare. A fun way to compare that's mostly gone away now with the changes in newspapers was to walk past the newspaper vending machines in a big city where there were multiple papers. It was a great way to easily compare how each paper treated their front page. You can still do that of course clicking around websites but it's not as easy.

Now there's an idea for a website: Put the home pages of a bunch of different news websites in panels on a webpage so you can do the same thing. Is that already being done?

Joe Bryant said:
Talking about different news sites and how they compare. A fun way to compare that's mostly gone away now with the changes in newspapers was to walk past the newspaper vending machines in a big city where there were multiple papers. It was a great way to easily compare how each paper treated their front page. You can still do that of course clicking around websites but it's not as easy.

Now there's an idea for a website: Put the home pages of a bunch of different news websites in panels on a webpage so you can do the same thing. Is that already being done?
I can do a quick Google search if you'd like. 

Found one: https://www.freedomforum.org/todaysfrontpages/#1

Thanks. I did a google search and didn't see any I loved, including that one. I didn't look very hard though. I'm sure there's someone doing it well. 
Quite possibly.

We used to have racks of papers where I worked. We had a small library with a house librarian. It was indeed always interesting to see how The Washington Post and The Washington Times were so starkly different in the coverage of the news from the front page. We also had the WSJ and the NY Times, two op-ed pages that couldn't have been more different at the time. 

Quite possibly.

We used to have racks of papers where I worked. We had a small library with a house librarian. It was indeed always interesting to see how The Washington Post and The Washington Times were so starkly different in the coverage of the news from the front page. We also had the WSJ and the NY Times, two op-ed pages that couldn't have been more different at the time. 

Yes. It seemed like lots (maybe most) had 2 papers and each had different viewpoints. I remember the Washington Post and Times like that.

Where I most noticed this was the Dallas Morning News and the Dallas Times Herald. My route to class had those two side by side and it was often a contrast.

Sometimes the contrast was different takes on the same big story. Other times it was how each paper chose different stories for the front page above the fold. 

Interesting. 

Joe Bryant said:

https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news

I visit this often to see how blatantly lopsided headlines are written. 

There used to be an app called Front Pages that gave you just the front page, it was pretty good.  I subscribe to Press Reader, it has a lot of daily newspapers on it.

Users who are viewing this thread