What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BYE WEEKS (1 Viewer)

AhrnCityPahnder

Yinz-o-riffic
just a copy of pasquino's Shark Pool thread:

Week 3

Dallas

Kansas City

Oakland

San Diego

Week 4

Denver

New York Giants

Pittsburgh

Tampa Bay

Week 5

Atlanta

Cincinnati

Houston

Seattle

Week 6

Cleveland

Green Bay

Indianapolis

Jacksonville

Minnesota

New England

Week 7

Baltimore

Chicago

New Orleans

San Francisco

St. Louis

Tennessee

Week 8

Buffalo

Detroit

Miami

Washington

Week 9

Arizona

Carolina

New York Jets

Philadelphia

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 6ClevelandGreen BayIndianapolisJacksonvilleMinnesotaNew EnglandWeek 7BaltimoreChicagoNew OrleansSan FranciscoSt. LouisTennessee
Anyone have any insight as to what imact this new change will have on fantasy? With 2 additional teams on byes in back-to-back weeks, this will certainly affect a lot of QBBC and DST combos. It will also make the waiver wire around weeks 4 and 5 a hotbed of activity... a lot of owners will be forced to look ahead earlier than usual.

Week 6

Cleveland

Green Bay

Indianapolis

Jacksonville

Minnesota

New England

Week 7

Baltimore

Chicago

New Orleans

San Francisco

St. Louis

Tennessee
Anyone have any insight as to what imact this new change will have on fantasy? With 2 additional teams on byes in back-to-back weeks, this will certainly affect a lot of QBBC and DST combos. It will also make the waiver wire around weeks 4 and 5 a hotbed of activity... a lot of owners will be forced to look ahead earlier than usual.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank NBC for this, as they now have flexibility for all teams on Week 10 forward as a result.WW and planning will be major this year, especially in shallow bench leagues.

Yeah, my league has a small bench--6 reserve slots in a league that starts 8 (QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, TE, K, DST). Going to be work planning for the draft this year. I was thinking of grabbing Brees this year as a 2nd QB behind Bulger, but not with both on byes. Of course I was also targeting the Bears DST unit because of their unbelievably soft schedule, but that'd be the same week as well. With a thin bench you can't afford to have too many slots taken up by inactive players. I'm always going to have at least a 3rd RB, just in case, a handcuff RB to my stud, and a 3rd WR. That's half the bench with minimum depth. A 2nd DST if I go DSTBC, perhaps. When my TE and K are off, I may have to drop them outright since I can't waste the space. Dealing with a several-week injury is going to be brutal.

Yeah, my league has a small bench--6 reserve slots in a league that starts 8 (QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, TE, K, DST).  Going to be work planning for the draft this year.  I was thinking of grabbing Brees this year as a 2nd QB behind Bulger, but not with both on byes.  Of course I was also targeting the Bears DST unit because of their unbelievably soft schedule, but that'd be the same week as well.  With a thin bench you can't afford to have too many slots taken up by inactive players.  I'm always going to have at least a 3rd RB, just in case, a handcuff RB to my stud, and a 3rd WR.  That's half the bench with minimum depth.  A 2nd DST if I go DSTBC, perhaps.  When my TE and K are off, I may have to drop them outright since I can't waste the space.  Dealing with a several-week injury is going to be brutal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can either take your lump all in one week as a strategy, or rotate a slot for players (i.e. TE off week 4, K week 5, D week 6 - cut and drop to replace one at a time). You may even get to reclaim your cuts.You're going to lose some games so if you like your team - grouping your byes into one week isn't a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread