What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C. Brown HURT (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report from Excite. I don't know, a guy injures his shoulder and the guy who tackles him gets a concussion. Sounds like a pretty nasty hit both ways.Running Back Hurts Right Shoulder in Third Quarter Email this StoryOct 17, 3:21 PM (ET)NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Tennessee running back Chris Brown hurt his right shoulder in the third quarter against Houston and his return was questionable. Brown was hurt when tackled by Texans safety Jason Simmons after catching a 5-yard pass from Steve McNair on third-and-10. Brown walked off on his own, but he held his right arm stiffly at his side. A doctor examined Brown on the sideline, and he was able to move his arm. But a team spokesman said it was a shoulder burner. Brown had 52 yards rushing on 13 carries when he went out. Antowain Smith replaced him on the Titans' next drive. Brown came into the game as the AFC's leading rusher with 556 yards, including 100-yard performances in four of his first five games. Simmons sustained a concussion and was lost for the rest of the game. The Texans also lost Corey Bradford to a groin injury in the first quarter. Bradford caught an 18-yard pass on the final play of the quarter and began slowing down before getting out of bounds.

"Props to LHUCKS, he called it.Brown is not a tough player."I guess you missed out on drafting Brown, HK and are trying everyway you can to justify it :unsure: Just an FYI Brown had 100 yds in the game he didnt finish, I will take that every week :)

Report from Excite. I don't know, a guy injures his shoulder and the guy who tackles him gets a concussion. Sounds like a pretty nasty hit both ways.
It was. Brutal collision.

"Props to LHUCKS, he called it.Brown is not a tough player."I guess you missed out on drafting Brown, HK and are trying everyway you can to justify it :unsure: Just an FYI Brown had 100 yds in the game he didnt finish, I will take that every week :)
Wrong. I drafted Brown as my RB2 in a ten teamer as the 15th overall pick. If you are the kind of FF player that thinks 50 total yards out of your RB2 is a good effort and you enjoy your RB's consistently refusing to play hurt, then I guess we have different standards for evaluating players.As far as LHUCKS goes, he deserves credit where credit is due. He said Brown would get hurt based on his running style and he was 100% correct. You may not like him, but you can't say he was innacurate.

For what it's worth he got hurt on a hit he took on a reception. It was a brutal hit and didn't look to have anything to do with his running style.

Wrong. I drafted Brown as my RB2 in a ten teamer as the 15th overall pick. If you are the kind of FF player that thinks 50 total yards out of your RB2 is a good effort and you enjoy your RB's consistently refusing to play hurt, then I guess we have different standards for evaluating players.As far as LHUCKS goes, he deserves credit where credit is due. He said Brown would get hurt based on his running style and he was 100% correct. You may not like him, but you can't say he was innacurate.
Wrong.

:goodposting:

"Props to LHUCKS, he called it.Brown is not a tough player."I guess you missed out on drafting Brown, HK and are trying everyway you can to justify it  :unsure:   Just an FYI Brown had 100 yds in the game he didnt finish, I will take that every week :)
His injury wasn't because of his running style. Did you SEE the game?

"Props to LHUCKS, he called it.Brown is not a tough player."I guess you missed out on drafting Brown, HK and are trying everyway you can to justify it  :unsure:   Just an FYI Brown had 100 yds in the game he didnt finish, I will take that every week :)
I watch every minute of every game...one of the few people on this board that can actually claim that. ;)

:rotflmao:

:rotflmao:
:yes:

Chris Brown is in a no-win situation. Everytime he gets dinged, it'll be blamed on his running style (whether justified or not). Truth be told, I'd be more surprised by an NFL player not having some sort of injury at this point in the year.

Same thing goes for Tiki Barber (fumbles) and Fred Taylor (injuries). They could go years without fumbling/missing a game, but when it does happen watch out for the "I told you so" 's.

While I have Brown and hope he is okay for next week, I like the irony of saying he is not a tough player and seeing in the story that the guy who tackled him was lost for the game due to concussion. :hophead:

While I have Brown and hope he is okay for next week, I like the irony of saying he is not a tough player and seeing in the story that the guy who tackled him was lost for the game due to concussion. :hophead:
:thumbup:

I watch every minute of every game...one of the few people on this board that can actually claim that. ;)
Then let me ask you, because I watched the play - was his injury because of his upright running style? It wasn't. It had nothing to do with his running style.

What- now Brown has a problem because of his CATCHING style too?! :rolleyes: Don't quit your day jobs LHUCKS and H.K.- this Brown bashing :fishing: is old and tired.

Then let me ask you, because I watched the play - was his injury because of his upright running style? It wasn't. It had nothing to do with his running style.
Two Questons:What week is this?How many halves of football has Brown missed already?

Two Questons:What week is this?How many halves of football has Brown missed already?
Where is Brown at in terms of fantasy production ths season? Much, much better than you predicted. :thumbup: :yes:

Question: Hows that concussion the idiot that hit him in the shoulder doing?

I think you have to answer his question first before you can ask yours :P ;)

It's faulty logic. Anyone can get hurt. Here's a poker analogy:If a person tells you to raise in hold 'em with 2-7 and you happen to hit a full house then it doesn't make the person's advice any less incorrect than it was before you got lucky. You simply got lucky. You're going to hit a full house with 2-7 every now and then, just like how almost every player in the NFL is going to get hurt every now and then. I could say that Peyton Manning is a bad player to have because he's a huge injury risk. This is a stupid prediction, but there's probably a 5% chance that Manning will suffer a serious injury this year. One in twenty times I will look smart for making this prediction. It's still a stupid prediction.Is Chris Brown an above average injury risk? Probably. Is it sensible to believe that he won't be able to hold up over the course of an entire season? Not really. He does run high and that will shorten his career, but he was pretty durable in college and there have been plenty of successful NFL backs with similar styles.

He does run high and that will shorten his career, but he was pretty durable in college and there have been plenty of successful NFL backs with similar styles.
How many were 6'3"?

Eddie George is close to 6'3". He runs slightly lower than Brown, but if Brown has even half as long a career as George then he will have lasted long enough to make meaningful contributions to fantasy teams. Eric Dickerson is another great tall back. He's the same exact size as Brown and the two have very similar styles.

Can we stop arguing whether he's injury prone in every Chris Brown thread? Any medical people have any idea what his injury means. Here's some info:

A doctor examined Brown on the sideline, and he was able to move his arm. Fisher said Brown has a brachial plexus injury, which involves nerves running down the arm. Brown had 52 yards rushing on 13 carries when he went out.
Recovery time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have known better than to check out this thread searching for info on the injury, knowing full well that some egomaniacal twit would try and turn it into his one man show.

Just saw the hit. Boy, it really had a lot to do with his running style.  :rolleyes:
Did anybody say that?
Yeah, well he's out now. Hopefully he's out for the year so we can have your "I'm KING" thread and then this whole sordid tale will be over. :sleep:
I use my teams' success to determine my success year-to-year as well as a comprehensive evaluation of my player rankings. My prognostication on one player means nothing to me. It just happens to be what most of you are interested in.

Just saw the hit. Boy, it really had a lot to do with his running style.  :rolleyes:
Did anybody say that?
Yeah, well he's out now. Hopefully he's out for the year so we can have your "I'm KING" thread and then this whole sordid tale will be over. :sleep:
I use my teams' success to determine my success year-to-year as well as a comprehensive evaluation of my player rankings. My prognostication on one player means nothing to me. It just happens to be what most of you are interested in.
No, you root for a players injury to artificially inflate your overinflated ego. You're the one that bumped all these threads as soon as Brown got hurt, no one else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody say that?
No, you root for a players injury to artificially inflate your overinflated ego. You're the one that bumped all these threads as soon as Brown got hurt, no one else.
:thumbdown: I would never root for a player's injury. You obviously don't know me if you think anything of the sort.

Did anybody say that?
:thumbdown: I would never root for a player's injury. You obviously don't know me if you think anything of the sort.
Oh, really? Then why all the thread celebrations as soon as he got injured? Your actions speak louder than words.

"He is just starting to get feeling back in his shoulder," Fisher said after the game.My guess is that's a good thing. Sounds like a stinger that pinched that brachial plexus but recovered function after the initial trauma.Let's hope.

Can we stop arguing whether he's injury prone in every Chris Brown thread? Any medical people have any idea what his injury means. Here's some info:

A doctor examined Brown on the sideline, and he was able to move his arm. Fisher said Brown has a brachial plexus injury, which involves nerves running down the arm. Brown had 52 yards rushing on 13 carries when he went out.
Recovery time?
Some info I found regarding this type of injury:Brachial Plexus Injury

# The brachial plexus is the network of nerves extending from the nerve root in the neck.

# Brachial plexus passes through the armpit and branches out to form the nerves that supply sensations and movements to the arms, hands, and fingers.

# Injury to this nerve complex is common in football players and is also known as a "burner" or "stinger."

# It is caused by a traumatic stretching or compression of the brachial plexus during a football game, or other violent, high contact sports.

# Other causes of brachial plexus injury involve forceful traction of the arm, a fall on the shoulder, a motor vehicle crash, gunshot wound, and other sports injuries.

# Brachial plexus injury may also be caused by a traumatic stretching of the brachial plexus during birth.

Symptoms

The main symptom is burning pain originating in the neck and extending to the arm. There may be numbness or weakness in the arm. The distribution of the symptoms depends on the position of the injury.

Diagnosis

# The diagnosis is based on the history of injury, symptoms, and a detailed physical examination.

# Electromyography and nerve conduction tests may be helpful.

# X-Rays should be done to diagnose the presence of injury to the cervical spine or shoulder.

Recovery

# If the injury is minor, recovery may occur in a short time.

# During the recovery of nerve function, treatment is aimed at pain control, maintaining muscle power, and range of motion of the affected arm. Strengthening exercises, range of motion exercises, and splinting may be helpful.

# Surgical repair is considered for severe brachial plexus injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread