What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

C Woodson turns down Pack offer (1 Viewer)

Silver & Black

Footballguy
LOL at him saying the Pack didn't meet his financial demands!!!! Good riddance to this jerkweed. Here's the blurb.

Packers | Team offers contract to Woodson; he says no

Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:43:47 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have reportedly offered a contract to free agent CB Charles Woodson (Raiders). The contract did not satisfy his financial demands.

It would take a lot of money for me to play in GB if I were him too. The team is going to suck with or without Favre and at the end of the day, you have to live in 'Sconsin, it's friggin cold there......

It would take a lot of money for me to play in GB if I were him too. The team is going to suck with or without Favre and at the end of the day, you have to live in 'Sconsin, it's friggin cold there......
:goodposting:

After 2 years at Michigan, he may have had his share with Northern temps. He wants to be in Tampa...can't say I blame him.

After 2 years at Michigan, he may have had his share with Northern temps. He wants to be in Tampa...can't say I blame him.
I could see this being a consideration for most ANY player. I know I would.. heheBut anywho.. I liked Woodson in college (being a Michigan fan and all), and thought he had tons of potential when entering the NFL. But man has he been whiny and not worth the $$ he's made so far...

The Pack is better off without him...

If the talk about him possibly moving to safety is correct, he'd be a real nice complement for Roy Williams in Dallas.

Unless his contract demands go down, I doubt a team will sign him to play anything but cornerback.

I don't have any figures to back this up, but from what I heard Green Bay offered Woodson more money than what any other team is rumored to be willing to pay him at the moment. I'm not surprised he didn't agree to the terms though. I don't believe he will find a team to meet his "financial demands," but he now has a figure to take to Tampa Bay or other teams with.

Honestly, Green Bay probably will have to overpay either Woodson or Arrington if they want them. I can understand why many may feel it's not the most ideal place to play and live, and there are some serious questions about the team and if they can turn things around sooner rather than later.

If the talk about him possibly moving to safety is correct, he'd be a real nice complement for Roy Williams in Dallas.
I have said this all along but Woodsen has said over and over that he wont move to safety.I don't know if I could handle Owens and Woodsen on the same team though.

Isn't he represented by the Poston Brothers? If so, unrealistic demands are to be expected. Maybe they should have offered him a "happy ending".

I thought the only other team he was talking to was the Bucs. They don't appear to be ready to overpay for him, so he may be waiting a while.

LOL at him saying the Pack didn't meet his financial demands!!!! Good riddance to this jerkweed. Here's the blurb.

Packers | Team offers contract to Woodson; he says no

Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:43:47 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have reportedly offered a contract to free agent CB Charles Woodson (Raiders). The contract did not satisfy his financial demands.
I wouldn't be suprized if the Packers and Woodson didn't come to an agreement about this whole thing... The Packers want Favre to think they are serious about bringing in big names and Woodson can use this figure as a building block with other teams. So they probably knew he would turn it down. IMO

One thing to say about any of the Florida teams is there is no state income tax. That's pretty alluring combined with the nice weather and bigger market(s). And the Bucs, Miami, and Jaguars (not a great market) are just a bit better than GB right now.

I have said this all along but Woodsen has said over and over that he wont move to safety.
until he signs his new contract that is. cornerbacks make much more money and woodson isn't about to let himself be "negotiated down" because of a possible position switchafter he signs his contract (assuming it's not a 1 year deal) he'll be willing to play whatever position he's needed at. just my :2cents:

Isn't he represented by the Poston Brothers?
Woodson, Law, and Arrington are all represented by the Postons. Is it a coincidence that none of them can find a home?

The bottom line is NOBODY wants to play for the Packers - not even their own players like Favre and Javon Walker.

The team is about to tear what little they have left apart to rebuild.

Plus their a crap team in a division dominated by the Chicago Bears.

Lovie Smith has a higher winning percentage in Lambeau than Brett Favre too btw.

The bottom line is NOBODY wants to play for the Packers - not even their own players like Favre and Javon Walker.
:lmao: says the bears fanunlike the bears for most of the past two decades the packers know when they are not a championship caliber team and are rebuilding in order to get back to division titles and a nother super bowl. how would overpaying for injury prone veterans help?

:lmao: says the bears fanunlike the bears for most of the past two decades the packers know when they are not a championship caliber team and are rebuilding in order to get back to division titles and a nother super bowl. how would overpaying for injury prone veterans help?
;) the Law...

I blame about a decade of the Bears awful performance on Dave Wannstedt. The guy was and still is a POS. Under his watch the Bears had over a half dozen lousy drafts, and even traded a first round pick for Rick Mirer.

When **** Jauron took over, the guys Wanny drafted should have been in their NFL prime and been the cornerstones of the franchise. Unfortunately there were only four guys remaining from when Wanny called the shots on personnel after Jauron's second year.

Thank goodness they brought Mark Hatley in for a year to run the draft that saw them nab Olin Kreutz, Tony Parrish, Chris Draft (although they cut him) and long snapper Patrick Mannelly.

Users who are viewing this thread