What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calling Straight Liberal Men to Vote in a Poll (1 Viewer)

You are a straight and liberal minded individual. Assuming you met a transwoman, would you be open t

• I believe transwomen are women and would date her if I liked her.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • I believe transwomen are women and would not date her.

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • I do not believe transwomen are women and would date her if I liked her.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I do not believe transwomen are women and would not date her.

Votes: 28 35.4%

• Total voters
IvanKaramazov said:
What word would you use to describe people with XY chromosomes who produce small gametes in their ####?

Apparently the language filter doesn't like the medically-correct term for nuts.  
I learned that in my Rocky Mountain Oyster post. :lmao:  

Rich Conway said:
This is additional context from the previous posts.  I would agree that such usage in this context is weird and offputting, possibly even offensive depending on the tone.  Of course, I would further argue that it's less "cis" you should find offensive than the general derogatory context.  As in, if anyone I didn't know started talking about me across the room as "he's just a XXXX, what do you expect", it would be offputting, but it really wouldn't matter to me if XXXX represented "cis", "hetero", "liberal", or virtually any other term.
Yep. The word "just" is far more derogatory in that statement that "cis." 

I guess I fail to get the big deal of expanding the definitions of sex to include, "cis male" v. "trans male." By definition adding the initial qualifier makes there a differentiation that seems to logically appease everybody. 

I do understand the chromosomal argument and that words should still have meaning (and, by strict definition, sex is the chromosome designation and body alterations can't change that), but nonetheless what's the big deal in calling somebody a "trans male" since he now has the body parts and the "trans" portion denotes the chromosomal difference?

If someone with XX chromosomes with male body parts prefers to be called "him/he/his" in social conversation, then I think most non-bigots (or genuinely ignorant people) would be happy to comply. But if said trans-person insists on being called a "male," when their DNA is actually female, then we will disagree until the grave.

IMO that's not poor treatment, that's science. 

Do you view that as poor treatment?
How do you know what their DNA is?

How do you know what their DNA is?

You really don't know the difference between real biological men and real biological women?

Do we really have to explain that to you?  Or is this one of those tricks the left likes to play and pretend that there REALLY is a question here?

Last edited by a moderator:
You really don't know the difference between real biological men and real biological women?

Do we really have to explain that to you?  Or is this one of those tricks the left likes to play and pretend that there REALLY is a question here?
Don’t worry about it. If someone asks to be referred to as she, I’d likely respect their wishes. If you don’t want to, that is on you. You can pretend to be offended. 

Don’t worry about it. If someone asks to be referred to as she, I’d likely respect their wishes. If you don’t want to, that is on you. You can pretend to be offended. 

You guys are the ones freaking out over people not catering to a fantasy like you are.  :lol:

Kinda' looks like you're the offended one.

If a trans female looks and sounds like a female, and doesn’t tell you she’s trans, how would you know not to think or refer to her as a female? (Not meant to be a snarky question at all)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: Zow
If a trans female looks and sounds like a female, and doesn’t tell you she’s trans, how would you know not to think or refer to her as a female? (Not meant to be a snarky question at all)
Oh, you would know. You ever hear of The Uncanny Valley?

And even if that person did manage to fool you for a little bit, it would only be for a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread